• This topic has 13 voices and 27 replies.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

I know the Czech republic is one of the most atheist nations in Europe. Does anyone who why? I know the country has had religious wars in the past and a communist regime but hey so did Poland and it is still very strongly Catholic.

Anonymous
    Quote:
    I know the Czech republic is one of the most atheist nations in Europe. Does anyone who why? I know the country has had religious wars in the past and a communist regime but hey so did Poland and it is still very strongly Catholic.

I heard it's just a nationalism thing.  I don't think Catholicism in Poland would fare any better if their Priests were like Western Europeans or N. Americans, pushing "love thy neighbour" multiculturalism and preaching homosexuality.

Anonymous

I think its has some connection with hussite past. Czech have reputation to rebel to everyone. They are anti-everything except české pivičko ;D However czech atheism is relatively new thing. In 1991 there were still many theists. Also i noticed Czech's like to ask others about God. They are obsessed with question's about God etc. Well at least my sister and some firends who whent to Czechia were all the time asked by Czech's about God.

Anonymous

The Czechs were somewhat absent during the Reformation but the Hussite Wars were no walk in the park.

Anonymous

Hussites were forefathers of reformation. Sure they are not pure reformators but they had this idea of better christianity. They turned the world upside down. They were one of the greatest warriors in world's history. Check out Spanilé jízdy.

German historian Heinrich von Treitschke wrote about Czech Hussite's;

they greeted the sea with a wild Czech song about God's warriors, and filled their water bottles with brine in token that the Baltic once more obeyed the Slavs

Anonymous

Czech atheism?
    :D
    According to 2011 census, 34,2% are without confession or without religious faith (this implies either atheists or agnostics or believers without religious affiliation), 13,9% have claimed to be part of some church or religious movement (Roman Catholicism being prevalent), 6,7% have explicitly declared to be believers without religious affiliation.
    45,2 did not fill any boxes or text fields.
    Only 1075 people in ČR have explicitly declared to be atheists. So?

Anonymous

Anonymous

Proč jsou Češi protikatoličtí? Katolická víra nám byla učena násilně, nedobrovolně. Většina Čechů a Moraváků se štítí knězů, kostelů, cirkve…. Proč bychom se měli klanit církvi, která káže vodu a pije víno? Cirkvi, která chce po Českém státu nekřesťanské peníze 135miliard korun (5,6 * 10^9 €). Cirkev, které jde víc o peníze než o víru? Češi jsou křesťani, ale nejsou katolíci.

Anonymous

czech state is successor to czechoslovak state. czechoslovak state stole property of roman catholic church. its legally correct for rcc to demand it back at least in part, in exchange for separation of church and state. this is one form of paying debt of state to church. the second form is continuation of current modus vivendi… state financing the church, like it is now.

czechs are mostly neither catholics, neither christians  :) what you wrote about bowing to church etc. is generic nonsense you can hear or read anywhere from people who try to excuse their laziness and pride

Anonymous

How can any Slav convert to Islam?  Just giving up beer and pork should be reason enough not to.  Imagine if he just found out he has to get a circumcision?

Anonymous
    Quote:
    Imagine if he just found out he has to get a circumcision?

I don't think you get circumcised as an adult.

Anonymous

I checked it out and you are correct,  it is not required of adult converts,  but it is encouraged.

Anonymous
    Quote:
    I checked it out and you are correct,  it is not required of adult converts,  but it is encouraged.

It's not even required for children, only encouraged.

Anonymous
    Quote:
    Katolická víra nám byla učena násilně, nedobrovolně.

In fact, every nation was forced to believe in this, in the past. Maybe Mieszko had chosen christianity. But not people. Now, it is just something what survived in modern peoples brains.

But being catholic in Poland is not something common as it was 20-30 years ago. Everything are statistics manipulated by baptism.

Anonymous

He was talking about Counter-Reformation. Poles were on other hand staunch Catholics (and most of them is even today).

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Slavorum

9 User(s) Online Join Server
  • Fia
  • Lucifer Morningstar
  • Jan Pat II
  • (o)possum tamer 🐀 (kris)
  • Tujev
  • 'las