• This topic has 4 voices and 10 replies.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

A Škoda Transportation locomotive on a test run in Austria has been seized at the demand of rival producer Bombardier.
    Czech engineering giant Škoda Transportation is trying to recliam a train seized across the border in Austria. Rival Bombardier won a court order in the country saying it was owed millions from a previous joint venture that ended in acrimomy. Škoda says Bombardier is trying to sidetrack what amounts to serious competition.

http://www.ceskapozice.cz/en/business/companies/great-train-distraint-czech-loco-seized-austria

What is Skoda 109E?
    The 109E is the first new main line electric loco design to emerge from the Skoda plant since 1994. It is the first Czech-built loco for 200 km/h operation, apart from the 12 Class ChS200 (Type 66E) locos built for Soviet Railways in 1975-79.

Škoda 109e (ČD 380)

http://www.railwaygazette.com/news/single-view/view/skoda-rolls-out-cds-first-three-system-locomotive.html

Anonymous

I wonder how western countries always talking about free market, but when it comes to fair contest with post soviet producer, they start to panic.

Anonymous
    Quote:
    I wonder how western countries always talking abou free market but when it comes to fair contest with post soviet producer, they start to panic.

Yes and no. Most European countries have protective economy in Gaullist style. This is especialy true for Austria.

Anonymous
    Quote:
    Yes and no. Most European countries have protective economy in Gaullist style. This is especialy true for Austria.

But our market must be free for them. We should save our market for our brands as well.

Anonymous
    Quote:
    But our market must be free for them. We should save our market for our brands as well.

This may be the case for milk and cars but when it comes to project of national importance like railroad trains this is whole lot of different story. ;) ;D

Anonymous
    Quote:

You can't, according to EU you have to follow the standard, which means if you are not able to produce according to the conditions that are valid for whole of the EU, you have to invite someone who can, in order to export.

If you have industry that is producing chocolate, and that industry needs certification or even sanation to be in accordance with their EU standards, you cannot export chocolate until that standard is achieved, or sell that industry to someone that has the money (mostly Germans) who will sanate it 'for you', selling you your own chocolate at a higher price.

This mechanism allows higher industries (Western Europe) to monopolise lower industries (Eastern Europe), without being capitalistic, in other terms, I am not buying your economy, it is just that it is not according to the standards we (Western Europe) designed for us all, so we have to take care of it ourselves, or better yet we will take care of it, because you asked us to do (you namely have no money to achieve our standard).

EU in a nutshell.

A beautiful way to rule I have to say, very sophisticated. :)

Anonymous
    Quote:
    You can't, according to EU you have to follow the standard, which means if you are not able to produce according to the conditions that are valid for whole of the EU, you have to invite someone who can.

If you have industry that is producing chocolate, and that industry is obsolete, it needs sanation to be in accordance with the EU standards, you need to import chocolate until that standard is achieved, or sell that industry to someone that has the money (mostly Germans) who will sanate it 'for you', selling you your own chocolate at a higher price.

This mechanism allows higher industries (Western Europe) to monopolise lower industries (Eastern Europe), without being capitalistic, in other terms, I am not buying your economy, it is just that it is not according to standards we (Western Europe) designed for us all, so we have to take care of it ourselves.

They have double standarts and that is the reason why I do not support EU in present form.

Anonymous
    Quote:
    They have double standarts and that is the reason why I do not support EU in present form.

Yes, I agree

Anonymous
    Quote:
    This may be the case for milk and cars but when it comes to project of national importance like railroad trains this is whole lot of different story. ;) ;D

Doesn't matter if you produce milk or locomotives. You must be prepared to face serious competition in liberal market. But it seems this holds only for post-soviet countries.

Anonymous
    Quote:
    Doesn't matter if you produce milk or locomotives. You must be prepared to face serious competition in liberal market. But it seems this holds only for post-soviet countries.

Many countries are protecting certain industries within their economies by introducing tariffs, levies, taxes, quotas on various products to make it difficult for foreign producers to stay competitive. There are other mechanisms to protect local market from foreign competitors.
    It’s often the case with agricultural products, car industries, alcohol and whatever industry the government wants to protect
    It’s called protectionism and it always has been in free market economies.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Protectionism

There is no such a thing as a completely free market. It will never be completely free.

As for the seized train, it’s just a single train which is not going to make a single dent in the economy of either country. Besides, the dispute is between two private companies. If one company feels the train was seized unlawfully, it can always appeal to a court higher in hierarchy.

Anonymous
    Quote:

European markets are not fully liberal they are more like rhine capitalism. Especialy this is the case of Austria. Likewise Slovenian economy works similar. For example in building our highway system Slovene state chose more expensive Slovene construction firms over some "cheaper" foregin firms becouse of bribes despite the fact that foregin firms offered same quality. However i dont know how a hell do things work in Slovakia and east european states. :)

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Slavorum

11 User(s) Online Join Server
  • БЕЗНОГNМ
  • Bohun
  • Симеон
  • kony97
  • Yung Slav
  • Родни Никотин ☭