• This topic has 32 voices and 81 replies.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 82 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

Inspired by Eyes Of The Tiger from other forum. 

Based on the culture, language, history, customs, live style etc. Do you see Czech Republic as an Eastern European country or rather Western European country or Central European country?

Anonymous
    Quote:
    Inspired by Eyes Of The Tiger from other forum. 

Based on the culture, language, history, customs, live style etc. Do you see Czech Republic as an Eastern European country or rather Western European country?

It is the most western located Eastern European country.

Anonymous

The poll is on, so please votes. Thanks.

Anonymous

Central.

Europe is not divided into Western and Eastern only.

Anonymous
    Quote:
    Central.

What is, or what are the indications of Central Europe, in what way is it different from Western Europe and Eastern Europe? Since for me there are only these two.

P.S. Just to make clear, it is not geography I am interested about.

Anonymous
    Quote:
    Central.

This. Czech Republic is uber-Central European :D

Anonymous
    Quote:
    What is, or what are the indications of Central Europe, in what way is it different from Western Europe and Eastern Europe? Since for me there are only these two.

P.S. Just to make clear, it is not geography I am interested about.

First of all, mentality of people in Central Europe is different from those in Western and Eastern Europe. Actually, it's somewhere in between. The same goes for the culture, habits, traditions, cuisine, clothing (I mean traditional clothes), architecture… Still there is a difference between Praha, let's say Amsterdam and Moskva. Ok, mentality of Slavs is somehow similar, but not the same (e.g. Eastern Slavs are definitely more tough than us ; ) ). Certain living conditions influenced us in various ways. Also you can see a big difference between architecture in Kiev or Moskva and in Praha or Kraków. Also… differences are visible on guys hitting on girls (don't laugh :P ), the way how they do it – I mean that hitting on – although it rather varies from the North to the South.

Anonymous

I'm for Central too. Like us. The thing is about the culture and habits of a broader area, also folk costumes, mentality, traditions, cuissine and stuff. I makes them more western then (let's say so) Eastern Slavs, but not West European (like French or such).

Anonymous

slavs consider them western europeans, non slavs as eastern…

I personaly consider "eastern" everything east to french

Anonymous
    Quote:
    I personaly consider "eastern" everything east to french

lol Why? Because of the Roman Empire?

Anonymous

I actually think Čehs aren't any of the above. They're pretty special, different than most European nations. Or so is my perception, might just be wrong.
    I mean, most Čehs say they're atheists, and I've been in Prague. The city has a very special atmosphere (which I like very much btw).

Anonymous

The Czech Republic is the best of the two worlds.  ;D
    They do not have the deep financial problems that more Eastern countries like Ukraine ( :() and it does not have the problems that more Western nations have like Asian immigrants.  ;D

Anonymous

Czech girls are stunning – this we can all agree on. 

Anonymous

They're western Slavs but Central European.

Anonymous

Yet many people in eastern Slovakia are eastern Slavs by ethnicity.  They are Greek Catholic and used Cyrillic. 

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 82 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Slavorum

10 User(s) Online Join Server
  • Glockamole
  • GOGA
  • kony97
  • Nefario
  • Piachu
  • Nexius