• This topic has 12 voices and 15 replies.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #343818

    Anonymous

    How did they come into existence, what do they mean, and how frequent they are.
    ________________________________________
    This article was written according to the article Jak vznikala nase prijmeni (How did our surnames come into being) in Moldanova, Dobroslava :Nase prijmeni, Prague 1983 and completed by the results of personal research.
    ________________________________________
    There are more than 40,000 variations of Czech surnames. If were taken into consideration, that the whole Czech Republic has 10 million inhabitants, it would mean, that in case of the equal distribution, some 250 inhabitants incl. children would account for one specific surname.
    But the situation is in fact different . Some surnames are more or less common, some (and they have majority) are rare and are connected only with few families.
    • First twenty frequent surnames cover 6,92 per cent of total population.
    • First fourty frequent surnames account already 10,18 per cent and
    • First 100 surnames belong to 17,18 per cent of all Czech population.
    I. THE ORIGIN OF CZECH SURNAMES
    a) A Newcomer to a Village.
    The most common family name in Bohemia and Moravia is the surname NOVAK (if translated into English, it could sound NEWMAN) .There is about 1 per cent of our population (100 Thousands people) who have this family name. It was given by the fact, that the novelty was the first and most important sign of a newcomer who came to the closed community of old village inhabitants. The same ground have similar Czech surnames NOVOTNY, and less common NOVY or NOVACEK (dimin. form of NOVY or NOVAK). Who came from a wander was called PROCHAZKA (from verb to walk).
    b) Social Status of the Name Bearer.
    The second expressive distinguishing feature was the connection to land-owners. Besides the serfs (subduted people) there were free, independent yeomen or freeholders among the rural population. Thus he was given a surname SVOBODA (a free man) or DVORAK (a farmer having his free farm – DVUR = court, yard) . The farmer who had a big piece of a land was called SEDLAK, a smaller one SEDLACEK, in Moravia the equivalent was LANIK. Who, according to his social status owned only a small house without scarcely any land, was called CHALUPA, CHALUPNIK, CHALOUPKA (the same as cottager) or ZAHRADNIK (from zahrada – a garden).
    c) Personal Features of an Individuum.
    The personal features contributed to the surnames becoming. There was an overwhelming fair-haired (xanthochroi) population in our country in the past and a man with dark hair or face was an exception. Thus a surname CERNY (and equivalent CERNIK ) or in German parts SCHWARZ (in the Czech script SVARC) came into existence. Similar is the origin of surnames describing the temperamental and physical features of the bearer : VESELY (a cheerful man), KYSELY (sauer or wry) , KYSELA, KUCERA (a curly), RUZICKA (a small rose, a handful, nice man). Other examples are HLAVA, HLAVICA = a head, HUBA – a mouth, BRADA – a chin , NOZKA – a foot, esp. a small one, NOHA – a big foot etc.
    d) First Biblical and Slavic Names
    Most of surnames are derived from Christian first names, with many variations, derivates, formed also by plenty of suffixes. The most common surnames, derived form a first name are BENES(Benedict) or MAREK (Marcus). The derivates are for instance BENISEK, BENAK, BENDA, BENIK, MARECEK, MARKUS, MARKOVIC, MARHOUL, MARES, MARSALEK (could be derived also from marshall), MARSIK, MARTISEK. Very common are also family names URBAN, BARTOS (Bartholomew), HAVEL (Gallus), JANAK, JANECEK, JANOUSEK, JANDA (John), KASPAR (Caspar), KLIMA (Clemens), MACH or MACHACEK, MARTINEK (Martin), PESEK, PETRAK (Peter), VAVRA (Vavrinec- Lawrence), BLAZEK, SIMEK (Simon), STEPANEK (Stephan), TOMAS or TOMASEK and VACEK (Venceslaus). Not only biblic names were used, but also first names of the slavic origin, for instance JAROS (from Jaromir) , SOBEK (from Sobeslav), STICH (from Stibor). The commonly used suffixes were:
    • – a: HAVELA, BARTA, KUBA (Ja-kub), TOMSA (Tom-as)
    • – s: TOMS (Tom-as), KUBES (Ja-kub)
    • – s: (in fact -s with a  hook, pronounced -sh-) PES (Pe-tr), BURES (Bur-ian), BARTOS (Bart-olomej), VAVRUS or VAVROUS (Vavr-inec)
    • – c: (pronounced as -z- in German words like Ziel) KUBEC, MACA (Ma-tej)
    • – k, ek: (pronounced -kh, -eck) MARTINEK, BROZEK, LACEK
    • -ha: BLAHA (Blazej), JANDA (Jan)
    • – ta: KUBATA, MACHATA, VASATA
    • – n: ZIKAN (Zich- Zacharias)
    • – u: JANU, MACHU (describing rather the origin like in Russian ALEXANDROVIC or in anglo-saxon names – SON)
    e) Surnames Derived from Localities, Regions, Foreign Countries
    There is another sort of Czech surnames, derived from local names. They are mostly formed by a suffix – ky, or -sky. Here are some examples: PRAZSKY from Praha, MOHELNICKY from Mohelnice, KOLINSKY from Kolin, PALACKY from Palacov or BILOVSKY from Bilov or Bilovec. The surnames derived from villages or towns, may be also in second grammar case (genitive): SKOUNIC, or SKAUNITZ, KLECAN (i.e. from Klecany), or may describe simply an inhabitant from a town: PRAZAN, PRAZAK (inhabitant of Prague). Here can be included the surnames, indicating a citizen from foreign country or region: NEMEC (came from Germany), SLEZAK (from Silesia), MORAVEC (from Moravia) or HANAK (a Moravian fertile region around Olomouc), SLOVAK (from the south of Moravia or from Slovakia).
    f) Trade and Occupation.
    Another big group of sournames is formed by those, derived from the names of occupation, or of social status (see above as well). Thus there is a surname of KOVAR (smith), KOLAR (cart-wright), KADLEC (weaver), RYBAR (fisherman), but also in German form FISCHER or FISER, MLYNAR or in German MUELLER resp. MILER or TESAR (carpenter). Adding a prefix or suffix or its deminutive form has already certain expressive meaning: NEKOVAR (a smith who is better to keep out of the way), TESARIK (a carpenter, rather small by the skill or height).
    The social/class status has reflected in the family names MESTAN (=bourgher), SEDLAK or LANIK (a farmer), CTVRTNIK (a farmer who owned a quarter of a "lan"), CHALUPNIK (cottager), SVOBODNIK (a freeman), HRABE (count), BISKUP (bishop), or STAROSTA ( a mayor), RYCHTAR ( judge or sherif), SAFAR (administrator of a landlord´s yard). There is a plenty of surnames, based on the military rank and file: VOJAK, VOJACEK – soldier, but there is also a Czech name SOLDAN or SOLDAT as well, DRAGOUN, KAPRALEK (caporal), JENERAL (general).
    The artisans received the nicknames, from which the surnames developed later , also according to their tools. Thus we can find a tailor named JEHLICKA (= a needle), or a baker ROHLICEK (a roll), or a butcher JITRNICKA (something like a white pudding). The examples of other surnames are for instance KLADIVO (hammer), PALICKA (pounder), KNEDLIK (dumpling), MOUCKA (flour), BUCHTA (cake) etc.
    g) The Nature (Animals and Plants).
    The nature provided a lot of insporation for the creation of the family names. A large group of surnames developed from the names of various animals, that either resambled the physical or character feature of a man: MYSKA (mouse), ZABA (frog), JELINEK (stag), JEZEK (hedgehog), VRABEC (sparrow), VRANA (crow), or BROUCEK (a dimin. form of a beetle), plants – FIALA (viola), CHMELA (hops), ZITO (rye), REPA (beet), MAKOVICKA (poppyhead), JAHODA (strawberry), SMRCKA (spruce), JEDLICKA (fir), or DOUBEK (oak).
    h) Surnames describing the activity or status.
    Very interesting and unusual group of surnames is that formed from present tense or past participle of verbs or even derived from full sentences. The example of perfectum: HRABAL (raked) , KOUPIL, SOUKUP is a surname developed form the trade of its bearer – a dealer, buyer, NAVRATIL (returned, came back) or VRZALA (chirked, scraped). Sometimes if a thing was bought too expensively, the buyer was called DRAHOKOUPIL . Similar names (nicknames or even jeers) are PRECECHTEL (And-he-wanted-it-after-all), STOJESPAL (He-slept-standing), ZLAMALJELITO (He-broke-the-black-pudding). SNEDLDITETIKASI (yes, this surname really exists: He-ate-the-squash-to-the-child) or even NASRALVHRNEC (plse do not ask me to translate it).
    i) Foreign Surnames.
    Czech surnames also include the surnames of foreign origin. They can be found everywhere, where two Bohemian nations have lived peacefully together for ages. A numerous German surname in our countries is the surname MUELLER or MILLER. Czech people adopted German names by mixed intermarriages or when settled in German speaking region. These are mainly the surnames, describing their origin (PRAGER, POLITZER) or simply BOEHM (Czech). Some German names appeared in a prevailing Czech milieu with a German administrations, clergy or landlords. Former NOVAK was simply translated to NEUMANN and later again Czechinized to NAJMAN. SEDLAK thus became BAUER and later BAJER, KOVAR was changed to SCHMIED and later to SMID. Besides the German influence also another nationalities contributed to the surname creation in Bohemia and Moravia. VLACH (Italian) became later a synonymum for any mason. Original Italian names are preserved in Czech artist families CHITTUSI and STRETTI. We can find a few French family names as LE BREUX, ROHAN, BUTEAU, GREE(S), DONNEE, ZAMBAL.. Their ancestors came here mostly after the French Revolution or as soldiers with the Napoleonic Army in the beginning of the 19th century. Common are Polish and some Hungarian names. Difference between Czech and Slovak names is not notable in all cases.

    #392007

    Anonymous

    Good analysis. Thanks that you share the article with us.

    #392008

    Anonymous

    Very interesting. Thank you Corvus  :)

    #392009

    Anonymous

    Even in Austrian where I am from exist many Czech and Slovak names esp. in the East (Lower Austria, Vienna)

    Most frequent Czech names and their placement in the most widespread Austrian surname statistic:
    (place, surname, frequenz)

    124. Novak (1718)
    245. Nowak (1074)
    272. Swoboda (1008)
    395. Pokorny (750)
    447. Pollak (692)
    491. Fiala (642)
    501. Horak (631)
    509. Novotny (623)
    518. Svoboda (618)
    520. Jelinek (616)
    686. Dvorak (503)
    595. Cerny (558)
    599. Prohaska (554)
    980. Kucera (378)
    1174. Tichy (332)
    1282. Kutschera (310)
    1299. Vesely (308)

    #392010

    Anonymous

    If we combine Swoboda and Svoboda the Freiheiter's are second most numerous Slavic surname bearers. :D

    #392011

    Anonymous
    Quote:
    If we combine Swoboda and Svoboda the Freiheiter's are second most numerous Slavic surname bearers. :D

    Right and it`s intresting that there is no German equivalent of this name. At least not in my mind  ;D

    #392012

    Anonymous

    Very nicely written, if you've put all that together by yourself, that was a lot of effort. I've read somewhere, that until (maybe) 15th century, there was just a first name, in small communities that was enough, people didn't travel much, and if they did, they added the name of the place they were from. Anyway, your list of funny names is good, I can add one, I used to know a guy named "Radsetoulal" (He-liked-to-wander"). I lived many years in Vallachia (eastern Moravia), where some local names had Celtic origin (surnames, but also names of rivers and mountains).

    #392013

    Anonymous
    Quote:
    Very nicely written, if you've put all that together by yourself, that was a lot of effort. I've read somewhere, that until (maybe) 15th century, there was just a first name, in small communities that was enough, people didn't travel much, and if they did, they added the name of the place they were from. Anyway, your list of funny names is good, I can add one, I used to know a guy named "Radsetoulal" (He-liked-to-wander"). I lived many years in Vallachia (eastern Moravia), where some local names had Celtic origin (surnames, but also names of rivers and mountains).

    I am glad you like it. No to be honest I just copied it  ;D Thanks for your contribution.
    What about these Italian names? Do they really exist? I have never encountered a Czech with an Italian name.

    #392014

    Anonymous

    My Opa's Grandparents on his mothers side were from Czech. Does anyone know if these surnames are Czech.

    Nadvornik

    Paceny

    Haman

    Jansa

    Burda

    I found my Opa's Nazi documents which tells me his mothers family origins and surnames (his mother was born in Austria) All my Grandfathers maternal ancestors were originally from Czechia/Bohemia (between 1790 -1900) ALL had German first names like Franz, Johann. Was that common? or could they of been Germanised Bohemians?

    #392015

    Anonymous

    Nadvornik is Czech surname.

    nadvoří – courtyards
    Dvor (dvůr) – yards
    na – on

    #392016

    Anonymous

    My grandfather was Austrian and born in Austria in 1926.
    My grandfathers father was an Ethnic Austrian and my Grandfathers mother was born in Austria in the 1890's to immigrant parents from Hradec Králové area of Czechia. 

    All those surnames are from my Grandfathers mothers family. All the men and woman in the family had German first names going back at least 5 generations.

    So it looks like her family were Germanised Czechs who also had some Ethnic German heritage (Haman surname)

    So if someone who was a Germanised Czech in the 1800's and early 1900's would they be considered Sudeten Germans? OR just Germanised Czechs? and them being Germanised czechs be the reason for them being able to settle anywhere in Austria pre- 1900?

    #392017

    Anonymous

    Thanks to everybody posting on this topic. This is my first time posting anything here. I was wondering if slavic/czech names could be traced back to a particular village or area. My surname is Fiala. I'm trying track down an area my ancestors would have come from in the Czech Republik. It's been difficult due to most of my family(Father,Mother, Grandparents etc.) being dead and not much of our ancestry in the USA has been kept record of. If anybody could help me out it would be much appreciated and you would have a friend for life.

    #392018

    Anonymous
    Quote:
    How did they come into existence, what do they mean, and how frequent they are.
    ________________________________________
    This article was written according to the article Jak vznikala nase prijmeni (How did our surnames come into being) in Moldanova, Dobroslava :Nase prijmeni, Prague 1983 and completed by the results of personal research.
    ________________________________________
    There are more than 40,000 variations of Czech surnames. If were taken into consideration, that the whole Czech Republic has 10 million inhabitants, it would mean, that in case of the equal distribution, some 250 inhabitants incl. children would account for one specific surname.
    But the situation is in fact different . Some surnames are more or less common, some (and they have majority) are rare and are connected only with few families.
    • First twenty frequent surnames cover 6,92 per cent of total population.
    • First fourty frequent surnames account already 10,18 per cent and
    • First 100 surnames belong to 17,18 per cent of all Czech population.
    I. THE ORIGIN OF CZECH SURNAMES
    a) A Newcomer to a Village.
    The most common family name in Bohemia and Moravia is the surname NOVAK (if translated into English, it could sound NEWMAN) .There is about 1 per cent of our population (100 Thousands people) who have this family name. It was given by the fact, that the novelty was the first and most important sign of a newcomer who came to the closed community of old village inhabitants. The same ground have similar Czech surnames NOVOTNY, and less common NOVY or NOVACEK (dimin. form of NOVY or NOVAK). Who came from a wander was called PROCHAZKA (from verb to walk).
    b) Social Status of the Name Bearer.
    The second expressive distinguishing feature was the connection to land-owners. Besides the serfs (subduted people) there were free, independent yeomen or freeholders among the rural population. Thus he was given a surname SVOBODA (a free man) or DVORAK (a farmer having his free farm – DVUR = court, yard) . The farmer who had a big piece of a land was called SEDLAK, a smaller one SEDLACEK, in Moravia the equivalent was LANIK. Who, according to his social status owned only a small house without scarcely any land, was called CHALUPA, CHALUPNIK, CHALOUPKA (the same as cottager) or ZAHRADNIK (from zahrada – a garden).
    c) Personal Features of an Individuum.
    The personal features contributed to the surnames becoming. There was an overwhelming fair-haired (xanthochroi) population in our country in the past and a man with dark hair or face was an exception. Thus a surname CERNY (and equivalent CERNIK ) or in German parts SCHWARZ (in the Czech script SVARC) came into existence. Similar is the origin of surnames describing the temperamental and physical features of the bearer : VESELY (a cheerful man), KYSELY (sauer or wry) , KYSELA, KUCERA (a curly), RUZICKA (a small rose, a handful, nice man). Other examples are HLAVA, HLAVICA = a head, HUBA – a mouth, BRADA – a chin , NOZKA – a foot, esp. a small one, NOHA – a big foot etc.
    d) First Biblical and Slavic Names
    Most of surnames are derived from Christian first names, with many variations, derivates, formed also by plenty of suffixes. The most common surnames, derived form a first name are BENES(Benedict) or MAREK (Marcus). The derivates are for instance BENISEK, BENAK, BENDA, BENIK, MARECEK, MARKUS, MARKOVIC, MARHOUL, MARES, MARSALEK (could be derived also from marshall), MARSIK, MARTISEK. Very common are also family names URBAN, BARTOS (Bartholomew), HAVEL (Gallus), JANAK, JANECEK, JANOUSEK, JANDA (John), KASPAR (Caspar), KLIMA (Clemens), MACH or MACHACEK, MARTINEK (Martin), PESEK, PETRAK (Peter), VAVRA (Vavrinec- Lawrence), BLAZEK, SIMEK (Simon), STEPANEK (Stephan), TOMAS or TOMASEK and VACEK (Venceslaus). Not only biblic names were used, but also first names of the slavic origin, for instance JAROS (from Jaromir) , SOBEK (from Sobeslav), STICH (from Stibor). The commonly used suffixes were:
    • – a: HAVELA, BARTA, KUBA (Ja-kub), TOMSA (Tom-as)
    • – s: TOMS (Tom-as), KUBES (Ja-kub)
    • – s: (in fact -s with a  hook, pronounced -sh-) PES (Pe-tr), BURES (Bur-ian), BARTOS (Bart-olomej), VAVRUS or VAVROUS (Vavr-inec)
    • – c: (pronounced as -z- in German words like Ziel) KUBEC, MACA (Ma-tej)
    • – k, ek: (pronounced -kh, -eck) MARTINEK, BROZEK, LACEK
    • -ha: BLAHA (Blazej), JANDA (Jan)
    • – ta: KUBATA, MACHATA, VASATA
    • – n: ZIKAN (Zich- Zacharias)
    • – u: JANU, MACHU (describing rather the origin like in Russian ALEXANDROVIC or in anglo-saxon names – SON)
    e) Surnames Derived from Localities, Regions, Foreign Countries
    There is another sort of Czech surnames, derived from local names. They are mostly formed by a suffix – ky, or -sky. Here are some examples: PRAZSKY from Praha, MOHELNICKY from Mohelnice, KOLINSKY from Kolin, PALACKY from Palacov or BILOVSKY from Bilov or Bilovec. The surnames derived from villages or towns, may be also in second grammar case (genitive): SKOUNIC, or SKAUNITZ, KLECAN (i.e. from Klecany), or may describe simply an inhabitant from a town: PRAZAN, PRAZAK (inhabitant of Prague). Here can be included the surnames, indicating a citizen from foreign country or region: NEMEC (came from Germany), SLEZAK (from Silesia), MORAVEC (from Moravia) or HANAK (a Moravian fertile region around Olomouc), SLOVAK (from the south of Moravia or from Slovakia).
    f) Trade and Occupation.
    Another big group of sournames is formed by those, derived from the names of occupation, or of social status (see above as well). Thus there is a surname of KOVAR (smith), KOLAR (cart-wright), KADLEC (weaver), RYBAR (fisherman), but also in German form FISCHER or FISER, MLYNAR or in German MUELLER resp. MILER or TESAR (carpenter). Adding a prefix or suffix or its deminutive form has already certain expressive meaning: NEKOVAR (a smith who is better to keep out of the way), TESARIK (a carpenter, rather small by the skill or height).
    The social/class status has reflected in the family names MESTAN (=bourgher), SEDLAK or LANIK (a farmer), CTVRTNIK (a farmer who owned a quarter of a "lan"), CHALUPNIK (cottager), SVOBODNIK (a freeman), HRABE (count), BISKUP (bishop), or STAROSTA ( a mayor), RYCHTAR ( judge or sherif), SAFAR (administrator of a landlord´s yard). There is a plenty of surnames, based on the military rank and file: VOJAK, VOJACEK – soldier, but there is also a Czech name SOLDAN or SOLDAT as well, DRAGOUN, KAPRALEK (caporal), JENERAL (general).
    The artisans received the nicknames, from which the surnames developed later , also according to their tools. Thus we can find a tailor named JEHLICKA (= a needle), or a baker ROHLICEK (a roll), or a butcher JITRNICKA (something like a white pudding). The examples of other surnames are for instance KLADIVO (hammer), PALICKA (pounder), KNEDLIK (dumpling), MOUCKA (flour), BUCHTA (cake) etc.
    g) The Nature (Animals and Plants).
    The nature provided a lot of insporation for the creation of the family names. A large group of surnames developed from the names of various animals, that either resambled the physical or character feature of a man: MYSKA (mouse), ZABA (frog), JELINEK (stag), JEZEK (hedgehog), VRABEC (sparrow), VRANA (crow), or BROUCEK (a dimin. form of a beetle), plants – FIALA (viola), CHMELA (hops), ZITO (rye), REPA (beet), MAKOVICKA (poppyhead), JAHODA (strawberry), SMRCKA (spruce), JEDLICKA (fir), or DOUBEK (oak).
    h) Surnames describing the activity or status.
    Very interesting and unusual group of surnames is that formed from present tense or past participle of verbs or even derived from full sentences. The example of perfectum: HRABAL (raked) , KOUPIL, SOUKUP is a surname developed form the trade of its bearer – a dealer, buyer, NAVRATIL (returned, came back) or VRZALA (chirked, scraped). Sometimes if a thing was bought too expensively, the buyer was called DRAHOKOUPIL . Similar names (nicknames or even jeers) are PRECECHTEL (And-he-wanted-it-after-all), STOJESPAL (He-slept-standing), ZLAMALJELITO (He-broke-the-black-pudding). SNEDLDITETIKASI (yes, this surname really exists: He-ate-the-squash-to-the-child) or even NASRALVHRNEC (plse do not ask me to translate it).
    i) Foreign Surnames.
    Czech surnames also include the surnames of foreign origin. They can be found everywhere, where two Bohemian nations have lived peacefully together for ages. A numerous German surname in our countries is the surname MUELLER or MILLER. Czech people adopted German names by mixed intermarriages or when settled in German speaking region. These are mainly the surnames, describing their origin (PRAGER, POLITZER) or simply BOEHM (Czech). Some German names appeared in a prevailing Czech milieu with a German administrations, clergy or landlords. Former NOVAK was simply translated to NEUMANN and later again Czechinized to NAJMAN. SEDLAK thus became BAUER and later BAJER, KOVAR was changed to SCHMIED and later to SMID. Besides the German influence also another nationalities contributed to the surname creation in Bohemia and Moravia. VLACH (Italian) became later a synonymum for any mason. Original Italian names are preserved in Czech artist families CHITTUSI and STRETTI. We can find a few French family names as LE BREUX, ROHAN, BUTEAU, GREE(S), DONNEE, ZAMBAL.. Their ancestors came here mostly after the French Revolution or as soldiers with the Napoleonic Army in the beginning of the 19th century. Common are Polish and some Hungarian names. Difference between Czech and Slovak names is not notable in all cases.

    I have one im not sure much about the meaning of Pnacek if it has a meaning but i know in 1865 my great grandfather came to america to be a founder at the dow chemical company, i like my biblical name Michael after the archangel i feel like i am related to Michael or something as the name Michael has been passed for hundreds of years i also have rare upside down triangle genetic trait a upside down triangle indent on the top middle of my forehead.

    #392019

    Anonymous
    Quote:
    Thanks to everybody posting on this topic. This is my first time posting anything here. I was wondering if slavic/czech names could be traced back to a particular village or area. My surname is Fiala. I'm trying track down an area my ancestors would have come from in the Czech Republik. It's been difficult due to most of my family(Father,Mother, Grandparents etc.) being dead and not much of our ancestry in the USA has been kept record of. If anybody could help me out it would be much appreciated and you would have a friend for life.

    sadly, this is quite hard, I would say impossible, but there is one czech site, which tracks density of each surname within regions. In your case, its spread all over CZ, but there is a certain part with particulary higher density of surname-bearers, but this doesn't neccesarily mean, that the surname originated here. Etymology of Fiala is based on Viola, the plant, according to czech wikipedia
    http://cs.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fiala

    #392020

    Anonymous

    In the NYC area, most people think of Novak as a Slovak name.  When anyone sees a name ending in sky-ski, it's though of being a Polish name.  We have a teacher named Ganapolski, and she's first gen Russian ancestry.  We also have a Russian science teacher name Poot.  The kids love making up funny names for it. 

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.