• This topic has 4 voices and 7 replies.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

I'm curious about days that might be celebrated in honor of the Slavic deities. Does anyone have information or could provide information to such things if they exist? 

Thank you so gladly! :)

Anonymous
    Quote:
    I'm curious about days that might be celebrated in honor of the Slavic deities. Does anyone have information or could provide information to such things if they exist? 

I think Thursday was dedicated to Perun (At least in Serbian and Eastern Slavic traditions)

Anonymous
    Quote:
    I think Thursday was dedicated to Perun (At least in Serbian and Eastern Slavic traditions)

Would make sense.. Thursday was dedicated to Thor.. and while they aren't the same they are similar in some ways…..

Anonymous
    Quote:

Makosh/Mokosh was honoured on Friday in eastern Slavic mythology.

Anonymous

The day of Dazhdbog (another important deity in eastern Slavic mythology) is Sunday.
    Makosh/Mokosh – Wednesday or Friday.
    Perun – Thursday
    Stribog – Tuesday

Anonymous

Ooh!  We're getting somewhere with this! :)

What about days or feasts throughout the year?

Anonymous
    Quote:
    Ooh!  We're getting somewhere with this! :)

What about days or feasts throughout the year?

Oh that's easy, 20th of July is contributed to Perun the Thunderer. (or 2nd of August according to the Gregorian or Civil Calendar)

Anonymous
    Quote:
    Oh that's easy, 20th of July is contributed to Perun the Thunderer. (or 2nd of August according to the Gregorian or Civil Calendar)

It is attributed by analogy between Perun and St. Elias. :) Slavs didn't used Julian calendar. In some Russina arreas, there is traditions which calls thursday before St. Elijas day of Perun, but it is again anachronistic. In other parts of Russia, Perun was equated with Saint George (same as in Croatia), hence they could call April 23rd Perun's day.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Slavorum

13 User(s) Online Join Server
  • Glockamole
  • Piachu
  • Asafar ⵣⴰⴽⴰⵔⵉⴰ ⴰⵙⴰⴼⴰⵔ
  • Nexius
  • Lucifer Morningstar
  • GOGA