• This topic has 8 voices and 9 replies.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

As in title, define the difference between "Western" and "Eastern" European society in your own words? What is it that make this invisible border?

Anonymous

I believe it's a mentality thing that has comed to be during Roman Empire. Countries which were a part of Roman empire are somehow seen as west today while rest, meaning most of east and central Slavic lands, Baltics, Finns and some north-East Scandinavians are giving an impression of Eastern Europe…

i don't know actually…it's like some uncertain border…

Anonymous

Nowadays, most mentalities IMO are more shaped in Europe who was East and who was West by Cold War.
    Even though communism is dead and iron curtain no longer exists, I think there is still this schism.
    Basically, Westerners see East as (except for former East Germany):

It will take long time to get this out, though then it will be who is in EU and who is not in EU to decide who is East or West. ::)

When will Europeans stop dividing each other up? It never has done us any good.

Anonymous
    Quote:
    As in title, define the difference between "Western" and "Eastern" European society in your own words? What is it that make this invisible border?

A lot of things…

-Westerns had puppet states in Africa, from they gained a lot of good things… Nowadays they gain black men, muslims, etc…
    -Communism… Westerns not tasted it…Yet…
    -Ottoman Expansion… Same…
    -World War losings… Ok they had suffered too… But not like Poles for example

Even so… They are always lived better, their land gived them a lot of oppurtunity, unlike Easterns. And who want to help others, when they have what they need? Well, they are not…

Anonymous

I would say it's the Anglo-Saxon culture that has influenced all of West Europe's cultures. I have grown up in an area of Canada with a lot of Anglo-Saxons where I would say 1/4 of them are from the UK. I have also been all over Central Europe, especially Poland and from my experience, I would say that Anglo-Saxon culture produces more negative traits in people like greed, selfishness, pretentiousness, cynicism, lower moral standards and they are a lot more callous and diplomatic in personal relations than other Europeans. I remember reading somewhere (maybe this forum) that Brits and Germans are the most cynical people in Europe.

You can see this in the North American Anglo-Saxon culture and not just the UK where there are a lot more assholes than elsewhere. Has anyone ever heard of chavs? Groups of young people in the UK that go around harassing people and vandalizing property. It's a big social problem in the UK and it's a perfect example of a culture that lacks morals and discipline. This also extends to north american Anglo-Saxon culture where it's cool to be stupid and unfriendly.

Anonymous
    Quote:
    I would say it's the Anglo-Saxon culture that has influenced all of West Europe's cultures. I have grown up in an area of Canada with a lot of Anglo-Saxons where I would say 1/4 of them are from the UK. I have also been all over Central Europe, especially Poland and from my experience, I would say that Anglo-Saxon culture produces more negative traits in people like greed, selfishness, pretentiousness, cynicism, lower moral standards and they are a lot more callous and diplomatic in personal relations than other Europeans. I remember reading somewhere (maybe this forum) that Brits and Germans are the most cynical people in Europe.

You can see this in the North American Anglo-Saxon culture and not just the UK where there are a lot more assholes than elsewhere. Has anyone ever heard of chavs? Groups of young people in the UK that go around harassing people and vandalizing property. It's a big social problem in the UK and it's a perfect example of a culture that lacks morals and discipline. This also extends to north american Anglo-Saxon culture where it's cool to be stupid and unfriendly.

Yes, imo England, USA and Australia (all heavily Anglo-Saxon influenced countries) are that what feels western. Not really much to like about. When talking about Germany (lower Saxons) for example, i just don't get that "western" feeling to it, Germany is more like Central Europe with much different mindset and people than that in the named "Westerners".

Anonymous

I'm assuming ( right or wrong ) we are talking about contemporary Western Culture. There are a lot of things I like about Western Culture of the gone days, how about The Founding Fathers of the U.S. of A.? Thomas Jefferson was a very wise man who loved freedom, one of the greatest men ever. Their work, their writings are great legacy to their wisdom. So, I do appreciate their contributions. No doubt they drew inspiration from Solon The Greek, founder of democracy and other great statesmen. So I can't dislike Western Civilization as a whole, I would have to dislike myself. Let's fast forward to the present. Nowadays just about all Western Civilization is based on greed, selfishness and indulgence of the senses. It's decadent, rotten, unethical and it reeks to high heavens for the most part. Not much we Slavs should like or emulate. This is where exercising wisdom is imperative for us to avoid their fate. I say let's take the best they have to offer and discard all the garbage. I wish them well though, if anything else they are the lesser of two evils, imagine them being totalitarian and fanatical. That must be avoided. Let's give them our moral support in their struggle to get back on track.

Anonymous

Let us clear all-british"culture",American culture and German Culture-are 3 completely different things.

brits sold their country to jews and muds.

Americans-this si something strange,but this is also something different.

Germans-they continue struggling as usually.88

Anonymous

You make it seem like Jefferson is an exception when he is not…  He fathered children with a black woman and would probably celebrate modern day diversity in America, Britain, Canada, et cetera.

As I've said before, the Anglos in America and Canada are spitting images of their cousins across the sea (in every regard, as you pointed out, things like hyper-individualism, greed, destroying their own countries, et al).

Anonymous

Generally speaking-I am sure-that ebgland is completely done.

You can read all this cochemard-to conclude-

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2063265/England-worlds-sixth-crowded-country-High-rate-immigration-blame-population-surge.html#comments

here-http://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/article-2063476/UK-unemployment-1m-young-Britons-dole-motivated-foreigners-job-vacancies.html#comments

or here-

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2063445/Wanted–160-000-human-rights-court-judge-Britain–applicant-doesnt-British.html#comments

God's punishment for british aid to bloody sadic killer stalin during the WWII!88

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Slavorum

5 User(s) Online Join Server
  • (o)possum tamer 🐀 (kris)
  • Nexius
  • Tujev
  • kony97
  • Nefario