Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 192 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #344690

    Anonymous

    I'm curious to hear your answers.

    #402412

    Anonymous

    Central.

    #402413

    Anonymous

    We're always in center of everything :) But to be serious Poland is in Central Europe. The "border" could be somewhere on Wisła. Western part have more Western influences and Eastern more Eastern… we are mix of influences… but still SLAVS!

    #402414

    Anonymous
    Quote:
    I'm curious to hear your answers.

    Hm, it's Eastern Europe. It was classified as such previously. Now there is coin Continental Europe, which encompass former Central Europe (or plainly said three German states ;D) + Poland, Czech Republic, Slovakia, Hungary and Romania.
    This is UN classification:

    image My is pretty close, but I cound Baltic sattes as Eastern and UK& Ireland as Western. And South Slavic lands+ Greece+shiptaristan are South Eastern Europe.

    Turkey is not Europe. ;D United States are far more European than Turkey. Period. ;D

    #402415

    Anonymous
    Quote:
    It was classified as such previously.

    Also previously there were many concepts. There was never unified consent on this matter. Like for example concept from 1927 before UN existed;

    image

    Anyway i think its matter of each persons interpretation and/or interpretation of certain organization, etc.

    #402416

    Anonymous

    We're always in center of everything  But to be serious Poland is in Central Europe. The "border" could be somewhere on Wisła. Western part have more Western influences and Eastern more Eastern… we are mix of influences… but still SLAVS!

    In terms of geographical, maybe, but in terms in cultures? We have nothing in common with Austrians.

    Quote:
    Hm, it's Eastern Europe. It was classified as such previously. Now there is coin Continental Europe, which encompass former Central Europe (or plainly said three German states ;D) + Poland, Czech Republic, Slovakia, Hungary and Romania.
    This is UN classification:

    image My is pretty close, but I cound Baltic sattes as Eastern and UK& Ireland as Western. And South Slavic lands+ Greece+shiptaristan are South Eastern Europe.

    Turkey is not Europe. ;D United States are far more European than Turkey. Period. ;D

    LOL, judging by this map, Slovenia is Southern Europe, while Bulgaria is not? I don't think this map is accurate.

    #402417

    Anonymous

    There is something going on with our people living in western Europe and northern America. Many are concerned about little things. Mordid 2.0 from where I am standing Poland is in western Europe. Do you feel better now?  :)

    #402418

    Anonymous
    Quote:
    In terms of geographical, maybe, but in terms in cultures? We have nothing in common with Austrians. LOL, judging by this map, Slovenia is Southern Europe, while Bulgaria is not? I don't think this map is accurate.

    Of course, map is more for their statistic counts. Slovenia could be classified either as Central European or South-Eastern (not Southern). Yugo countries and Bulgaria have not much in common with Spain and Portugal, more correctly said nothing. (Except Croats and Slovenes are Roman Catholics). Serbs Bulgarians and Macedonians share lot with Greeks, but Greeks are far more Mediterranean, altough even on Crete you have folkdances costumes closer to South Slavic. Greece could be either Southern European or South-Eastern. 
    Baltic states are more Eastern European than Northern. And Britain and Irelan are not Northern Europe in any retrospect.

    #402419

    Anonymous
    Quote:
    we are mix of influences… but still SLAVS!

    I read the comments from someone the other day on this forum about westerners disliking Slavs in general. I was thinking of telling him there are arguments among ourselves about who have preserved more Slavic culture, who is more Slav in general etc. I like seeing such 'competitions' if they're done in a good spirit. :)

    Who cares what westerners think about where are located culturally? ::)

    #402420

    Anonymous

    Central Europe in modern terms, including geography. Eastern Europe in outdated division of Europe into capitalistic (Western Europe) and socialistic (Eastern Europe). The same goes for Czech rep., Slovakia and Hungary.

    Culturally Central Europe, although I saw Germanic influence in West Poland and Eastern Slavic influence in East Poland, but Poland itself seems to be something in between. In this case definitely not Eastern Europe.

    #402421

    Anonymous
    Quote:
    In terms of geographical, maybe, but in terms in cultures? We have nothing in common with Austrians.

    Nothing is a bit to extreme word.

    #402422

    Anonymous
    Quote:
    Nothing is a bit to extreme word.

    They share religion with Austria, but imho Poles have more in common with Eastern Slavs and Lithuanians than with Germans and Austrians. Czechs and Slovaks on other hand are somewhere between.

    #402423

    Anonymous
    Quote:
    They share religion with Austria, but imho Poles have more in common with Eastern Slavs and Lithuanians than with Germans and Austrians. Czechs and Slovaks on other hand are somewhere between.

    I am sure Poles have lots in common with east Slavs since they are all Slavs but still there are certain elements that are distinct. Just for example polka music which originates in Czechia is common in Poland and Austria while not in Russia, Belarus or Ukraine.

    #402424

    Anonymous
    Quote:
    I am sure Poles have lots in common with east Slavs since they are all Slavs but still there are certain elements that are distinct. Just for example polka music which originates in Czechia is common in Poland and Austria while not in Russia, Belarus or Ukraine.

    Povhec, by that criteria entire Europe now is of same culture, Polka originated and become widespread in XIX century. In Serbia Sacher tort is verry popular, as well as Dounaghts, but it come in XIX century, indicator of cultural ties with Austria, but, it still does not make us to have that much in common with Austria. Anyway, Polka is not that common in Poland, as in Austria, and it is present in Eastern Slavic countires. 
    Anyway, I am curious about what Poles themselves feel. I understood Mordid thinks Poland is Eastern European.

    #402425

    Anonymous

    Definitely Central Europe.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 192 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Slavorum

9 User(s) Online Join Server
  • some slavic guy...
  • GOGA
  • кошка
  • Nefario
  • Glockamole
  • kony97