• This topic has 33 voices and 65 replies.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 66 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

Do you see Russia as the big Slavic mother-country? If not, do you see any other Slavic country in this position?

Anonymous

Oh, dear gods, no! And if they are, we are all completely doomed  :P

Anonymous

Neither do I. It's probably only non-Slavic Americans and Westerners who think so …

Anonymous

I don't know about "Big Slavic Mother Country," but Russia is the most powerful Slavic country militarily. Economically, Russia has gained strength, but with only 110 people controlling the country's wealth, it has a long way to go to becoming an economic power. Russia's alliance with China is something to watch. How much influence Russia has in EU countries is debatable.

Anonymous

???
    Big-Mother no. Big sister, well yes. Its not realy secret we are allies for centuries. But, its like that, some Slavic peoples have mostly positive picture of Russia, some mostly negative, some are mostly neutral.

Anonymous
    Quote:
    Do you see Russia as the big Slavic mother-country? If not, do you see any other Slavic country in this position?

Russia is mother for Russians only. For Poles it is Poland. None of Poles never considered or considers Russia as mother-country.

Anonymous

Montenegrins are probably the most Russophilic groupation on earth and we often say "mother Russia"
    but we actually think "our younger powerful sister"  :) 

Anonymous

Russia is not Slavs' ancient homeland. It's not mother country for all Slavs.  I've never met or read any Belarusian saying 'Русь-матушка' meaning Russia is his or her mother country.

Anonymous

Russia should abandon her permanent dominating tendencies and should finally realize she is equal among any Slavic countries, regardless of her size, power or natural resources.

Anonymous

Сибирь is my Slavic mother.

Quote:
    Russia's alliance with China is something to watch.

It would be a kind of disaster that should be watched by TV only.

Anonymous
    Quote:
    Russia should abandon her permanent dominating tendencies and should finally realize she is equal among any Slavic countries, regardless of her size, power or natural resources.

Exactly.  But I doubt that will happen any time soon.  Too many Russians seem okay with being dominated by their own government, and their government wants to dominate them and as many others as will submit.

Quote:
    It would be a kind of disaster that should be watched by TV only.

tee hee hee…true

Anonymous

Well if Russia was not as scary as it is NATO would eat us small fries and yes that includes Poland alive years ago. But i grew up in a time when we were occupied by Soviet troops and hell with me if i ever want to see that looting band of mongoloid drunkards on my land again. Especially after i have seen a new Russian documentary gloryfiyng the Invasion in 1968.

Anonymous

Even if the situation was mother of eastern Slavs, there is an argument that Ukraine is because of Kyiv and Prince Vladimir.  Not to be anti-Russian, I do like the country, culture and history.  I think Slavs are so widespread and were parts of very different empires, that there is no leader. 

Anonymous

Nope. For me Russia is just big bully with post-superpower complex.

Anonymous
    Quote:
    Do you see Russia as the big Slavic mother-country?

Mother contry no but a sister & potentially very important economic mate. Still lots of good & unexploited economic oportunities for both sides here. :D

Quote:
    If not, do you see any other Slavic country in this position?

Yes, Slovenia. :) Despite there are many bad things bout it and all the problems we have its my mother country after all & its worth fighting (don't mean with weapons) for.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 66 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Slavorum

10 User(s) Online Join Server
  • kony97
  • Lucifer Morningstar
  • привет
  • Tujev
  • slovborg
  • (o)possum tamer 🐀 (kris)