• This topic has 8 voices and 10 replies.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

Do you support Unions?

Anonymous

Yes. Workers should organize to fight for their rights.
    PS
    What do you expect? Idont know how things are in New World, but here in Europe Unions have strong tradition, and it's normal thing.
    (Lol @me I sound like EU plutocrat ;D)

Anonymous

Unions have been attacked here since 1980.  Outsourcing has devastated industrial unions and government workers have been hit hard since 2008.  The bankers who caused the crash have not been punished at all

Anonymous

Neutral. Sometimes they contribute positive things often they are just tool in certain political circles or imposters. Their role is both good and bad.

Anonymous
    Quote:
    Neutral. Sometimes they contribute positive things often they are just tool in certain political circles or imposters. Their role is both good and bad.

What is the bad thing about Unions

Anonymous

Yes I like them.

Anonymous

They're good, but like all political interests, they shouldn't get too much influence.  A key component of democratic societies is being able to balance the needs of different constituencies.

Anonymous

I don't think it's fair that some workers get all the benefits of union protection and others do not. Personally I do support the progress that historically Unions were able to make.

Anonymous
    Quote:
    I don't think it's fair that some workers get all the benefits of union protection and others do not. Personally I do support the progress that historically Unions were able to make.

Workers are free to join a union anytime they want.

Anonymous

Of course I support unions. But only voluntary unions.
    What I mean is that I see nothing wrong with workers voluntarily organizing with eachother to collectively bargain for whatever concerns them. I see this as a natural consquence of almost any work place. But coercive union that use means of intimidation against non-union workers and utilize the state to force decisions in favor of Unions I do not support in any way , shape , fashion , or form.
    The concept of Unionization is admirable and quite practical and intelligent actually. The desire for some unions to use overwhelming force ( the state) to achieve their means is disdainful. Its no better than corporate scum sleeping with politicians to get certain kickbacks and benefits all at the expense of honest people that pay taxes.

Anonymous
    Quote:
    What is the bad thing about Unions

Concept is good but in practice they have two faces. The good and bad. This mainly depends on certain unions leadership. Altho media didn't report much about this there are money sucking union leaders here and there are union leaders who organize protests on most unreasonable moments in that case public workers union is most aggressive. Most notorious in unions businesses in Slovenia was some leader of disabled workers union. I am not sure what is situation now but back then many disabled people protested against him since he stole alot of money from this activity. I want to emphasis that labor union dose not necessarily equal good cause for one must be careful of what leaders of certain unions and indeed entire unions do.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Slavorum

8 User(s) Online Join Server
  • Tujev
  • Piachu
  • GOGA
  • Nefario
  • slovborg
  • some slavic guy...