• This topic has 10 voices and 27 replies.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

Happy easter everyone :) 

Anonymous

Happy Easter.

Boris V.
    Boris V.
    Participant
    @dedushka

Happy easter bros and sisters

Anonymous

It’s better late than never. Happy Easter! :)

This year Eastern Orthodox and Roman Catholic had Easter on the same day. We took 4 days off from Friday to Sunday.  We prepared traditional dishes cooked by Belarusians and Poles. These are Babka, Тvarožnaja Pascha, Mazurka, and dyed eggs. We didn’t decorate eggs; we dyed eggs in different colours.

Anonymous

We didn’t decorate either just dyed like in that videi i posted on egg deoration disscusion. Happy Easter to you as well and how we say Христос Васкрсе

Anonymous

@Nikola93

Belarusians decorate eggs. Maybe we are not skillful as western Ukrainians or Lusatians Sorbs at decorating Easter eggs. I remember me , my sister and my cousins were getting a beautifully decorated egg each from our grandmother.  Today, people are lazy to decorate Easter eggs.

Anonymous

@Sviatogor True. Btw did you knew that catholics have patriarchs as well? I just found out, didn’t knew that

Anonymous

@Nikola93

I didn’t know Roman Catholic had patriarchs. When did they have them?

Anonymous

@Sviatogor well apparently they have two types, one of them is like patriarch in Venice he has only the title of patriarch because of various historical reasons. But he is not considered the same as the leaders of church. And there are others that are as much as i figured leaders of subreligions of Roman Catholic or similar like them. One example is patriarch of Melkite Greek Catholic church which is in comunion with Roman Catholic church i think since 4th crusade in atempt to save Constantinople from Islam. And there is also Patriarch of Czechoslovak Hussite church which is mixture of catolic, orthodox and protestant. There is so much to disscus about that, i think we should make it as separate topic

Anonymous

@Sviatogor Idk i read a bunch of stuff for last our those are my observation, search for yourself maybe i’m wrong idk

Anonymous

@Sviatogor Armenian Catholic church have Patriarch as well i think

Anonymous

My uncle taught me yesterday how to make a Slovak whip( Šibak) used for easter Monday. In Slovakia on easter Monday boys go around splashing girls with water and play whipping them with whips. 

Anonymous

@srdceleva

If it’s traditional Slovak custom, then what do fresh apples and flowers of ‘pussy-willow’ (Salix caprea) do on the picture of  April celebration? Sorry for being picky.
    In Belarus and north-eastern Poland, and south-eastern Lithuania we celebrate valačobniki on Sunday , occasionaly on Monday. https://be-tarask.wikipedia.org/wiki/%D0%92%D0%B0%D0%BB%D0%B0%D1%87%D0%BE%D0%B1%D0%BD%D1%96%D0%BA%D1%96

Anonymous

@Sviatogor

apples are just on the table because my family likes apples, they dont have anything to do with easter.
    Pussy willow is used in place of palms on palm sunday, and used in easter decorations, besides that I dont know its significance. In slovakia making Sibak is a mans job, and the tighter you can make the braids of the reeds, then the more strength a main is shown to have. Its not very hard to learn, but it does take strenght. My hands are very sore today. 

You must explain valacobniki to me. I put wiki into google translate but its rough to understand. 

http://www.slovakcooking.com/2011/blog/easter-in-slovakia/

Anonymous

@Sviatogor

Do Belarussians have the tradition of splashing girls with water like slovaks and poles?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.