• This topic has 14 voices and 65 replies.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 67 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

Russians and Ukrainians give me most cultural Slavic impression. The video below shows Russians and Ukrainians. Unfortunately, there are no Belarusians – most eastern Slavic people – in this video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Cg6f-foLzc

Anonymous

Guys and girls! Do we – eastern Slavs – strike you Slavic?  To me Russians and Ukrainians are very Slavic. Poles too.

Anonymous

How is Slavicness qualifed or defined? How is Belarus more Slavic than, say, Poland or Croatia? What is “most” culturally Slavic? National Costume, cuisine, music, dance? Rye bread and alcoholic spirits? 

Anonymous

Belarusians are more Slavic than Poles or Croats . Or any Slavs. As simple as that. We’ve had Croats, Serbs, Poles, Czechs , Russians , Ukrainians coming to our country learning about Slavic culture.

Anonymous

Karpivna!

If you want to know about Slavic culture, then look at traditional culture of the Belarusians! We’re looked upon by all Slavs.

Anonymous

All Slavs worship the Belarusians? When did this happen? 

Boris V.
    Boris V.
    Participant
    @dedushka

Many will say Belorussians have a lot of Baltic and Finn genepool + cultural habits also. 

To me probably the border area between Ukraine, Poland and Slovakia i.e. the Carpathians are the most Slavic.

Mountainous areas preserved ancient Slavic culture the best during the various “invasions” and alien influences because armies usually would avoid to pillage some distant small mountainous villages. Similar story is in the mountainous Slavic Balkans too, it’s where the oldest Slavic traditions are preserved, people too. 

Anonymous

Anonymous

@Perun

Belarusians don’t have anything Finnic in their genepool. Lots of Baltic but not Finnic. Our relations to the Balts only make more Slavic. Early Slavs split from the Balts around 2,500 years ago.  Most authors state Balts are cousins of Slavs.

Anonymous

> All Slavs worship the Belarusians? When did this happen? 

We are not worshipped. Many Slavs – scholars – come to our country to study Slavic folklore.

Anonymous

>How is Slavicness qualifed or defined? How is Belarus more Slavic than,
    say, Poland or Croatia? What is “most” culturally Slavic? National
    Costume, cuisine, music, dance? Rye bread and alcoholic spirits? 

Difficult to explain to a foreigner.  Yes! Cuisine, culture, folklore. The very geography too.

Eastern Poles are Slavs. Croats? I can be politically correct. Many Croats consider themselves descendants of Illyarians.  During WWII they identified themselves as descendants of Goths. They live to far south from original Slavic homeland which most scholars point to Volyn – the homeland of your ancestors.

Anonymous

Russians, Ukrainians, Belarusians, Poles account for 90% of Slavs.  Abroad when people say Slavs they think of Russians, Ukrainians, Poles.

Smallest Slavic communities such as Sorbs of Lusatia or Poleshuks or Podliashuks can give most Slavic impression.

Anonymous

I for one don’t get the “most Slavic impression” at all from the Belarusians.A bunch of blondies with washed-out eyes don’t give me the Slavic vibe at all.When I think Slavic culture I think of Slovaks or Bulgarians in whose songs and overall folklore I find something I relate with.Rusyn feel very Slavic to me too.

Anonymous

@Gvarda

An average  Belarusian does not care about his or her blondism. Genetics and haplogroups are something people on the streets don’t know at all. By Slavic impression I meant  our culture and folklore.
    For example in Belarus we celebrate Kupalle (Kupalo) – pre-Christian midsummer – as no as other Slavs.

Anonymous

Eastern Slavs on Kupalo! From left to right  – Belarusian, Russian, Ukrainian

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 67 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Slavorum

4 User(s) Online Join Server
  • Nefario
  • (o)possum tamer 🐀 (kris)
  • kony97
  • Tujev