• This topic has 13 voices and 228 replies.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 229 total)
  • Author

Anonymous
    Quote:
    Don't Catholics have to shave their beards?

Yeah, they probably have to shave their beards, live in celibate and all of it.

I was talking about men.  ;)

***edit by Pentaz: keep your post clear of slur and garbage

Anonymous
    Quote:
    Most of Europe is Catholic, so they lose their manhood because they don't defy their religious beliefs? ;D

I never went for quantity, but for quality, so "most" means nothing to me.

As far as I'm concerned, christianity is a religion made for slaves and a real man cannot live as a slave. Christianity, judaism, buddhism and the rest of the "obey" sort are not for me.
    No offence intended, but I usualy speak my mind openly.

Anonymous
    Quote:
    As far as I'm concerned, christianity is a religion made for slaves and a real man cannot live as a slave. Christianity, judaism, buddhism and the rest of the "obey" sort are not for me.

That seems to be the view of all Pagans regarding the major the world religions.

Quote:

Don't worry, I'm not religious.

Anonymous
    Quote:
    No. It is up to them to decide. Orthodox priests are prohibited to shave.

Ok. I heard Poles shaved their beards because they didn't want to be like Russians.

Anonymous
    Quote:
    No. It is up to them to decide. Orthodox priests are prohibited to shave.

Right.

Just so nobody think I'm not being tolerant: my best and oldest friend finished theology (Богословија – Bogoslovija). A priest that is.  ;D Our discussions on religions are a loud affair, but constructive and even funny sometimes.

Anonymous
    Quote:
    That seems to be the view of all Pagans regarding the major the world religions.

Don't worry, I'm not religious.

I don't take paganism as a religion, but as an ideology. It is the only way it can be of any use now. Well, except if we redefine some terms and rethink some issues, but that is a long process.

I meant no offence intended generally. Some folks are easily offended, you know.

Anonymous
    Quote:
    I never went for quantity, but for quality, so "most" means nothing to me.

This is common believe but i dont think it is true. At least not from historical point of view. If that was the case then there wouldnt be so many diverse ideologies among members of these faiths. You have like commies, fascists, liberals, nationalists, etc. among Christians, Buddhists, Jews, etc.

Anonymous
    Quote:
    This is common believe but i dont think it is true. At least not from historical point of view. If that was the case then there wouldnt be so many diverse ideologies among members of these faiths. You have like commies, fascists, liberals, nationalists, etc. among Christians, Buddhists, ***s, etc.

Unity does not make slaves. So keep them separated and they'll be no threat.  ;)

Funny thing is that only we, the europeans, see ourselves as different, while the non-europeans have always seen us as a unity and still do today.

Anonymous
    Quote:
    Unity does not make slaves. So keep them separated and they'll be no threat.  ;)

I dont know what you mean?

Anonymous
    Quote:
    I dont know what you mean?

Christianity was imposed upon Europe, as political means of keeping the europeans docile. It happened by force. Then keep them separated, through different variations to the same non-european dogma, and they won't have the time to revolt or in any other way disturb the peace of the leading stratum of the society.

The "divide et impera" principle.

Internal and external enemies of Europe do not wish a united Europe, for that would mess up their whole thing here. And they even use the oh so nationalistic extremist morons, to keep their power, and those retards don't even know they are being used by their enemies.

Anonymous
    Quote:
    It happened by force.

Depends on which time and which land we talk. It was not the same everywhere. :)

Quote:
    Christianity was imposed upon Europe, as political means of keeping the europeans docile.

I dont agree. Its the time Europeans expanded at their maximum. Both politicaly, numericaly and technologicaly. :)

Anonymous
    Quote:
    Depends on which time and which land we talk. It was not the same everywhere. :)

I dont agree. Its the time Europeans expanded at their maximum. Both politicaly, numericaly and technologicaly. :)

http://qed.princeton.edu/getfile.php?f=European_Colonialism_1500_AD_to_2000.jpg

I am talking about the moment christianity became the official religion of the roman empire and all that happened afterwards, including violence against anybody that did not share the christian world outlook, Inquisition, witch hunts, etc. Europe expanded to its maximum only after the 15th century. Numerically? Don't forget the plague.  ;) Politically? We aren't politically free even now, with occupation armies all over Europe (yanks), and politics dictated from outside Europe.
    Technology had the least to do with religion of any sort.

Anonymous

Europe is developed on Christianity, it could not be imposed upon her. There is no even point to discuss it. First who used it was Alkuin, Charlemagne's religious and educational advisor, in order to dente Western Christians (Frankish empire and its client states, Northern Iberians and Bristish Isles), latter definiton was applied to all western Christians, then to Eastern also. In XVIII century it got modern meaning. Except Albania, all European countries are traditionaly Christian.
    Well, concerning slaves, Christianity is relgion of God's children:

Behold what manner of love the Father hath bestowed upon us, that we should be called the sons of God! Therefore the world knoweth us not, because it knew Him not.

Beloved, now we are the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be; but we know that, when He shall appear, we shall be like Him; for we shall see Him as He is.

Anonymous
    Quote:
    Europe is developed on Christianity. There is no point to discuss it. First who used it was Alkuin, Charlemagne's religious and educational advisor, in order to dente Western Christians (Frankish empire and its client states, Northern Iberians and Bristish Isles), latter definiton was applied to all western Christians, then to Eastern also. In XVIII century it got modern meaning. Except Albania, all European countries are traditionaly Christian.
    Well, concerning slaves, Christianity is relgion of God's children:

No. Christianity was used as political weapon, then as even now, when considered necessary.

European culture started with the era of migrations, on the ashes of the roman empire, but, contrary to popular belief, there is no continuity between the classical culture and the european culture as it stands today.
    Every scientific discovery until now was a proof that this or that teaching of the christians is absolutely wrong and was considered heresy.  ;D

I am not the child of a j.ewish god. I know who my parents are. LOL

Anonymous
    Quote:
    I don't take paganism as a religion, but as an ideology.

You could call it that. European Paganism was originally sorcery (belief in generic nameless spirits and in the power to command them) which evolved later into a proper religion. Don't know if you read the Golden Bough but it goes like this – Sorcery > Religion > Science. Some cultures (like Africans) are to this day so backwards they never got out of the sorcery/animism stage, and they still believe trees are inhabitet by spirits. (Judeo-christians and their irrational fear of their omniscient god are hardly better IMO :) )

European values (i.e. strength, discipline, resilience, honour) are what made our pagan forefathers great. Sadly they were replaced judeo-christian false morality (fear of God, superstition, weakness etc…)

Btw you have a very good attitude. :) There should me more people like you on this forum (I mean people who value European Paganism more than judeo-christianity)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 229 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Slavorum

9 User(s) Online Join Server
  • Drizzt
  • Piachu
  • 'las
  • kony97
  • Kratos
  • Yung Slav