• This topic has 13 voices and 228 replies.
Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 229 total)
  • Author

Anonymous
    Quote:
    I meant all European ethnic groups not individuals. ;)

How about muslim albanians, muslim bosnians and such? They couldn't care less about christianity. Pagans care just as less. Atheists the same. And so on…

Anonymous
    Quote:
    Culturally. Politics follows, sometimes very slowly, cultural dvelopment.

I dont know man. Obotrites and Rani were probably culturaly and religiously as close as one can be yet they had pretty nasty wars between each other. One of Rani leaders even made alliance with Holy Roman Emperor during war with Obotrites. Regardless culture of Slavs was constantly changing. Some like my ancestors had Romance and Germanic influence once they settled those lands. Russians had Finnic and other influences, etc. In my opinion there would be differences in any case. We Slavs absorbed foregin tribes and adopted certain elements of their cultures.

Anonymous
    Quote:
    I meant all European ethnic groups not individuals. ;)

Well, I do not know did you read thread from begining, but all started because of this:

Quote:
    Christianity was imposed upon Europe, as political means of keeping the europeans docile. It happened by force. Then keep them separated, through different variations to the same non-european dogma, and they won't have the time to revolt or in any other way disturb the peace of the leading stratum of the society.

The "divide et impera" principle.

Internal and external enemies of Europe do not wish a united Europe, for that would mess up their whole thing here. And they even use the oh so nationalistic extremist morons, to keep their power, and those retards don't even know they are being used by their enemies.

and this:

Quote:
    Europe is developed on Christianity, it could not be imposed upon her. There is no even point to discuss it. First who used it was Alkuin, Charlemagne's religious and educational advisor, in order to dente Western Christians (Frankish empire and its client states, Northern Iberians and Bristish Isles), latter definiton was applied to all western Christians, then to Eastern also. In XVIII century it got modern meaning. Except Albania, all European countries are traditionaly Christian.
    Well, concerning slaves, Christianity is relgion of God's children:

Anonymous
    Quote:
    We Slavs absorbed foregin tribes and adopted certain elements of their cultures.

And viceversa: they adopted ours and somebody elses, etc ad infinitum. Genetically speaking, Europe after and because of the migration era, on which it was built, is one huge nation, divided only by artificially made barriers, one of them being christianity.

Check the roots of christianity and you'll see the truth.

I am done for now. Over and out.

Anonymous
    Quote:
    How about muslim albanians, muslim bosnians and such? They couldn't care less about christianity. Pagans care just as less. Atheists the same. And so on…

Whether they liked or not, the Christianity still defines their ethnicity. Since both Bosnian muslims and Albanians view respective medieval states as something they emerged from then it is obvious what religion is 'on the top'.

Anonymous
    Quote:
    Well, I do not know did you read thread from begining, but all started because of this:

and this:

yes, I read the whole thread… ;)

Anonymous
    Quote:
    And viceversa: they adopted ours and somebody elses, etc ad infinitum.

Naturaly. I dont deny this. I see it among Austrians. :D

Anonymous
    Quote:
    Whether they liked or not, the Christianity still defines their ethnicity. Since both Bosnian muslims and Albanians view respective medieval states as something they emerged from then it is obvious what religion is 'on the top'.

Hmm, do you really see that Bosniaks and Albanians consider Christianity to be on the top? I also am not sure is there a historical consensus did the Bosniak and Albanian ethnos derive from the culture and tradition inherent to the respective medieval states once present on that territory, or from the ones developed in respective Ottoman Vilayets (Bosnia Vilayet and Scutari Vilayet) under influence of Islamic rather than Christian thought.

Anonymous
    Quote:

Altho this you said ofc. is undisputed i must say we should aknowledge pagan era gave much of imprint on European civilisation. :)

Anonymous
    Quote:
    Altho this you said ofc. is undisputed i must say we should aknowledge pagan era gave much of imprint on European civilisation. :)

Nobody is denaying it. But Europan culture and identity were product of Christian legacy and heritage. Yes in shaping of it enourmous role in it played Roman Jurisprudence and Greek logic and philosophy, but basis of European idenitity and culture is Christianity.

Anonymous

Hmm, do you really see that Bosniaks and Albanians consider Christianity to be on the top?

They dont.

I also am not sure is there a historical consensus did the Bosniak and Albanian ethnos derive from the culture and tradition inherent to the respective medieval states once present on that territory, or from the ones developed in respective Ottoman Vilayets (Bosnia Vilayet and Scutari Vilayet) under influence of Islamic rather than Christian thought.

You are right but those peoples (Bosnian and Albanian muslims) see themselves as adherents of Bosnian and Albanian medieval states. Another thing is that their identity and sense of belonging is mostly tied to turkish provinces that existed for years in these areas.

Without medieval Bosnian and Albanian states they would not have any basis to call themselves Bosnians or Albanians and we know that all Balkan states in that period had strong Christian mark. ;)

Altho this you said ofc. is undisputed i must say we should aknowledge pagan era gave much of imprint on European civilisation.

Nobody sane would deny it but sense of 'European civilization' was made during the Christian monarchies in the middle ages. The ancient roots and knowledge of Europe were collected under one umbrella after the christianization process was over. ;)

Anonymous
    Quote:
    Nobody sane would deny it but sense of 'European civilization' was made during the Christian monarchies in the middle ages. The ancient roots and knowledge of Europe were collected under one umbrella after the christianization process was over. ;)

All hail Saint Wenceslas & Saint Arnold! Give us or daily beer. ;D ;D

Anonymous

I just came back from bar and I can't believe that you guys are still at it :D

Anonymous
    Quote:
    I just came back from bar and I can't believe that you guys are still at it :D

Embrace Saint Arnold! :P ;D

Anonymous
    Quote:
    Hmm, do you really see that Bosniaks and Albanians consider Christianity to be on the top? I also am not sure is there a historical consensus did the Bosniak and Albanian ethnos derive from the culture and tradition inherent to the respective medieval states once present on that territory, or from the ones developed in respective Ottoman Vilayets (Bosnia Vilayet and Scutari Vilayet) under influence of Islamic rather than Christian thought.

We don't view Christianity on top, but we have Christian values. We don't marry under-age girls, we don't have multiple wives, we don't cover our women from head to toe, we don't kill apostates, etc.

Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 229 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Slavorum

5 User(s) Online Join Server
  • Petko (the pet store)
  • Drizzt
  • Shnickstara89
  • ☭Lil Commie☭
  • LCaine