• This topic has 13 voices and 228 replies.
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 229 total)
  • Author

Anonymous
    Quote:
    I will not argue with an obvious religious extremist. Because, let me tell you, you either are 100% into your chosen religion, i.e. you are an extremist, or you aren't a religious guy, because no religion accepts 99%.  ;D

He is a Serbian Orthodox priest actually.

Anonymous
    Quote:
    Humm depends on how you look. Apparently it didnt since it was monastic schools that started to re-introduce knowledge. You must know West Roman Empire was in terrible situation foregin tribes were constantly invading it much of knowledge was lost and westeren culture evolved into warrior culture.

On the other hand Orthodox Byzantines newer lost this knowledge. After Arab conquest of many Byzantine provinces  much of this knowledge came into Muslim hands and so via Cordoba west got back much of that knowledge. However Byzantine role shouldnt be underestimated either for example Crusaders traded with them alot. Another important thing that is less known is that much of knowledge was preserved and even developed by Hiberno-Scottish Christians the members of so called Celtic Christianity.

Many important theologians as Thomas Aquinas held that science is most important in understanding word created by God so there is this duality in history of Christianity like today. Some were/are extreme puritans while some were/are very enlightened as far as these things goe.

Its just that old folks believes in witches and other things still clinged ontu the people so such misconceptions arose again in time (even today :D) and reapeared. These things are ofc. are not limited to Christianity they goe for ages way back in time. I personaly view medieval in positive light since it has as many minuses and pluses as pagan era did and from historical point of view it gave birth to our nations, it is a birth time of universities, european expansion and just as many brilliant inventions. I view both pagan and christian era equaly bad and good. It was different era different time both had many disgusting things and many brilliant things and i cheerish this regardless.

True, because nobody is a true christian. That is imposible, given the fact that christian teachings go against human nature. So, of course classical greek and roman knowledge didn't go completely lost (not to forget the knowledge at Alexandria, burnt by christian extremists), but imagine where would we be now, if there wasn't any christian censorship, over the centuries. For there was a christian censorship, whatever some may say.

Europe was always a warrior society, not culture. Christianity wanted us to turn… mild. And look at us today. That is the sole influence of christianity. No warriors and almost no culture left.

Nobody is entirely good, or entirely bad, except for extremist religions, ideologies and dogmas, which are always right.  ;D

Anonymous
    Quote:
    There was no Europe before Christianity. European identity, European culture, European education, European medicine, European technology, all that have origins in Christianity.

Pretty much this. 

Anonymous
    Quote:
    He is a Serbian Orthodox priest actually.

My best and oldest friend is a Serbian Orthodox priest too.  ;D No problems.

Anonymous

Is that you on the pic? 😮

Anonymous
    Quote:
    Pretty much this.

How come christianity was a j.ewish sect? Jahve is a j.ewish god. Jesus was a j.ew. And a lot of others in that holy book, so many people censored so many times, for their own profit?

European my ass.

Anonymous
    Quote:
    Is that you on the pic? 😮

No. My boyfriend.

Anonymous
    Quote:
    The pagan society, as we know, didn't differ in their pantheon between 'good and evil', that is solely a Christian philosophical invention.

That sentence is simply wrong. Please read more about topic. Then we could continue discussion

Anonymous

Christianity became the dominant religion in many regions of Europe from 4-5th centuries throwing Europe into “Dark Ages”. Dark Ages was a historical period between 5th and 15th century during which economic, cultural and scientific deterioration occurred.  This fact is widely accepted by historians. I can’t think of major inventions or discoveries occurred during the Dark Ages period. What medical advances did Europeans have during that time? Roman Catholics prohibited the dissection of corpuses, for example.
    There were no breaking discoveries in astronomy, physics, and biology. Chemistry existed in the form of alchemy. I can only think of mathematician Leonardo Fibonacci who lived in the 12 th century. He introduced Arabic numerical system in Europe. Probably others introduced it before Fibonacci, he received the recognition  he probably did not deserve, but that’s another story.
    Aristotle, Archimedes, Hippocrates, Herodotus, Euclid and other famous greeks all lived in pre-Christian times. After the fall of Roman  empire followed by the dominance of Christianity shortly after, there were no discoveries, literally nothing happened during that period. It was only in Renaissance (the reborn period) cultural and intellectual movements started in a positive direction. Even then Bruno was burned, Galileo died in house arrest.
    There is little doubt in my mind that Christianity slowed down Europeans for at least 1000 years.

Anonymous
    Quote:
    That sentence is simply wrong. Please read more about topic. Then we could continue discussion

The pagan religion, as we know, didn't differ in their pantheon between 'good and evil', that is solely a Christian philosophical invention.

Greek philosophy, thus also the society as one may assume, differed among numbers of things.

Anonymous
    Quote:
    How come christianity was a j.ewish sect? Jahve is a j.ewish god. Jesus was a j.ew. And a lot of others in that holy book, so many people censored so many times, for their own profit?

European my ass.

Christianity was an unifying force which helped Europeans to rally many times in history. From Arab invasions to Mongol intrusions to Ottoman onslaught, it was the unifying force to which Europeans own their cultural and ethnic continuity.

Yes it did spread some what violently, just as Islam and ever peaceful Buddhism and Zoroastrianisms did. But pros vs cons are clearly in Christianities favor.

Anonymous
    Quote:

European pre-christians (let's call them that) did not share the judeo-christian good vs. evil dichtonomy. Period.

Anonymous
    Quote:
    No. My boyfriend.

You are one lucky manb*tch…

JK the guy on it looks like my dad before he lost his hair ;D

Anonymous
    Quote:
    Christianity became the dominant religion in many regions of Europe from 4-5th centuries throwing Europe into “Dark Ages”. Dark Ages was a historical period between 5th and 15th century during which economic, cultural and scientific deterioration occurred.  This fact is widely accepted by historians. I can’t think of major inventions or discoveries occurred during the Dark Ages period. What medical advances did Europeans have during that time? Roman Catholics prohibited the dissection of corpuses, for example.
    There were no breaking discoveries in astronomy, physics, and biology. Chemistry existed in the form of alchemy. I can only think of mathematician Leonardo Fibonacci who lived in the 12 th century. He introduced Arabic numerical system in Europe. Probably others introduced it before Fibonacci, he received the recognition  he probably did not deserve, but that’s another story.
    Aristotle, Archimedes, Hippocrates, Herodotus, Euclid and other famous greeks all lived in pre-Christian times. After the fall of Roman  empire followed by the dominance of Christianity shortly after, there were no discoveries, literally nothing happened during that period. It was only in Renaissance (the reborn period) cultural and intellectual movements started in a positive direction. Even then Bruno was burned, Galileo died in house arrest.
    There is little doubt in my mind that Christianity slowed down Europeans for at least 1000 years.

A witch! A witch! Maybe a warlock! Dunno! Burn him! Burn him! Or her. Burn everything!  ;D

Anonymous
    Quote:
    Christianity was an unifying force which helped Europeans to rally many times in history. From Arab invasions to Mongol intrusions to Ottoman onslaught, it was the unifying force to which Europeans own their cultural and ethnic continuity.

Yes it did spread some what violently, just as Islam and ever peaceful Buddhism and Zoroastrianisms did. But pros vs cons are clearly in Christianities favor.

You think so? Where in the Bible is written than people should unite against their enemies and slaughter them if possible?  ;D That was the european nature, judeo-christianity want to destroy so much. Why? To control and thus rule us. Not gonna happen.

Thous shall not kill… and all the rest. Violence not included. Hypocrisy detected. Case closed.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 229 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Slavorum

9 User(s) Online Join Server
  • БЕЗНОГNМ
  • Kratos
  • Родни Никотин ☭
  • 'las
  • kony97
  • Lyutenitsa