• This topic has 13 voices and 228 replies.
Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 229 total)
  • Author

Anonymous
    Quote:
    True, because nobody is a true christian. That is imposible, given the fact that christian teachings go against human nature. So, of course classical greek and roman knowledge didn't go completely lost (not to forget the knowledge at Alexandria, burnt by christian extremists), but imagine where would we be now, if there wasn't any christian censorship, over the centuries. For there was a christian censorship, whatever some may say.

Europe was always a warrior society, not culture. Christianity wanted us to turn… mild. And look at us today. That is the sole influence of christianity. No warriors and almost no culture left.

Nobody is entirely good, or entirely bad, except for extremist religions, ideologies and dogmas, which are always right.  ;D

No i dont think it is against human nature. :) Its like some people do bad things regardless of what they claim to be and that is it. At least in my opinion anyway.

As for library of Alexandria. Library itself was burned way before as there was no library anymore before Christianity became official. Becouse of this many ancient (pagan) historians blame Caesars reckless attack for example:

Plutarch (AD 46–120) wrote that during his visit to Alexandria in 48 BC Julius Caesar accidentally burned the library down when he set fire to his own ships to frustrate Achillas' attempt to limit his ability to communicate by sea

However it was probably burned a bit later and most likely it was not intentional. Anyway what those Christians burned was religious building Serapeum containing pagan mysteries that was almost in the same place. :D

For example;

The pagan author Eunapius of Sardis witnessed the demolition, and though he detested Christians, and was a scholar, his account of the Serapeum's destruction makes no mention of any library

Anonymous
    Quote:
    Quote from mentaly ill person. ;DCarniolan, I understand you read it somwhere and you think it is uber-cool. But please take some notes:
    On Christmass we are celebrating birth of Jesus Christ, Incarnated Logos and Son of God. In some countries there are certain folk traditions which originated in pre-Christian times, and which are now connected with Christmass, but nevertheless it is Christian holyday. It was not incorporation it is establishing Christian hollyday in order to counter influence of Mithraistic.

Overtaking the preexisting non-christian holidays, christianizing non-christian gods and characters, etc. is a practice the followers of that sect practiced from the begining.

Just wanna make you feel dizzy:

If Jesus existed and was such an important man, why nobody, except the christians, ever mentioned him? We all know how meticulously bureaucratic the romans were and still no stuff about Jesus.
    If God is the father of all men, how come so few of his children know about him?

And if God is almighty, he should create a stone so heavy, that not even he can lift it. Badabing-badabang!  ;D

Anonymous
    Quote:
    No i dont think it is against human nature. :) Its like some people do bad things regardless of what they claim to be and that is it. At least in my opinion anyway.

As for library of Alexandria. Library itself was burned way before as there was no library anymore before Christianity became official. Becouse of this many ancient (pagan) historians blame Caesars reckless attack for example:

However it was probably burned a bit later and most likely it was not intentional. Anyway what those Christians burned was religious building Serapeum containing pagan mysteries that was almost in the same place. :D

For example;

Yeah, I know: lambs of god and no blood on their hands. Christians are good, everybody else evil and they burned and killed nobody. Don't ask me to believe all of that crap. But anybody else willing to do so: be my guest.

I always went for doubt. First of all because "truth" never set anyone free and second, because doubt is the only way to intellectual emancipation.
    Everything coming from a bunch of liars shoult be regarded with a huge amount of doubt, if you ask me, even the "official" "truth".

Bad and good changes so many times, over the ages, and there is still so many good and bad stuff all over the planet, nobody in his right mind can say who's right and who's wrong.
    I go for what I feel it is good for me and if there are some that share my viewpoint, great. Exactly what religionists don't do.

Of course there is a human nature. Instincts prove it and instincts never fail, in a mentally and phisically healthy person.

Anonymous
    Quote:

It's not aginst human nature but it DISREGARDS human nature. Christians think in ways of absolute (good vs evil, black and white, and other dichotomies) when humans clearly are not absolute beings (nor is the univers IMHO as proven by Einstein's relativity). In this segment Paganism has a better understanding of reality than Christianity.

They disregard the fact that we evolved from a common primate ancestor with apes. In essence, we are still animals, with our needs, desires, and sometimes instincsts. For example I like to gorge on food and beer (and I'm not the only one here eh Pov?  :P) and I really don't think why should I feel bad about it (Christian dogma is not reason enough for me)

It's about doing one thing while PRETENDING of doing the other. Demagogy.

Anonymous

I mean, I feel good about what I think and believe. Probably a lot, if not all, of my ancestors did the same, before christianity came.
    Why do some folks feel the need to prove me wrong, if they are so right? Especially christians. Does the mortal sin of pride ring a bell for them? Guess not. Most of them probably never read the Bible. LOL

Why did the christians felt the need to convert strangers, if not to subjugate them? There is no other reason. And what happened to those that refused to be subjugated? Well, nothing. Right? That's why we're mostly christians now, in Europe, because nobody used violent means and was all nice, sunny and flowers all over. D'oh!

Anonymous
    Quote:
    It's not aginst human nature but it DISREGARDS human nature. Christians think in ways of absolute (good vs evil, black and white, and other dichotomies) when humans clearly are not absolute beings (nor is the univers IMHO as proven by Einstein's relativity). In this segment Paganism has a better understanding of reality than Christianity.

They disregard the fact that we evolved from a common primate ancestor with apes. In essence, we are still animals, with our needs, desires, and sometimes instincsts. For example I like to gorge on food and beer (and I'm not the only one here eh Pov?  :P) and I really don't think why should I feel bad about it (Christian dogma is not reason enough for me)

It's about doing one thing while PRETENDING of doing the other. Demagogy.

Hypocrisy comes before demagogy.  ;D

Very well against human nature, humans not being absolute beings. By the way: no christian is and absolute being either.

Anonymous
    Quote:

Kudesnik nothing happend, not because the then young Roman Christianity was the problem, but because non-European immigrants (our ancestors from the East and North) came in very large numbers, butt-cracked open the EU (Roman Empire), and started spreading their crazy pagan rituals all over the place (not all pagan was good pagan, just as not all abrahamic faiths were good faiths), eventually the immigrants took over the majority and the EU fell apart, with a lot of killing and raping of the Europeans in the process. However there was a bureocracy that tried to bind them on a common ethical and political standard (namely Christianity) by most rigid and simplest rules necessary not to eat each others alive. When the carnage rested (some 1000 years ago), they saw that the Europeans had some good ideas back then, and started reviving them. Thus modern Europe was created.

Every person that states that our paganism (not Roman nor Greek) was a hippie flower power utopia (like I see some members are posting), has to be high on some kind of weed, or digested too much mushrooms. We were a herder folk, nomads that migrated, in such herding tribal socities religion is based upon class, and the most necessary class was that of a warrior, hence our pagan religion was based upon two things, food and war. (nothing gentle, hippie, flower-loving about that)

Anyone that wants to revive that kind of ideology and mindset on a general social level, watched too much movies, or in the other hand needs to find a valve to let some of that steam out, pumping iron or in the last case scenario go do some 'peacework' in the middle East.

Anonymous
    Quote:
    The pagan religion, as we know, didn't differ in their pantheon between 'good and evil', that is solely a Christian philosophical invention.

Greek philosophy, thus also the society as one may assume, differed among numbers of things.

Cvetinov concept of Good and evil is present in every known human society.

Anonymous
    Quote:

Dalibor concept of good and evil became a jurisdictional factor based upon religion in the Slavic society only with the emergence of Roman Christianity in our realm, before that it was based on principle of might is right, and the inherent sense of compassion, but not on law derived from religious based philosophy.

Furthermore, up until the late middleages, this concept continued where only the Vlastela / Bojars / Boljars (respectively) were able to provide law, upon the folk ruled. However with Christianity their ethics shifted in the Christian sphere of philoshophy, not anymore the pagan one.

Anonymous
    Quote:
    Kudesnik nothing happend, not because the then young Roman Christianity was the problem, but because non-European immigrants (our ancestors from the East and North) came in very large numbers, butt-cracked open the EU (Roman Empire), and started spreading their crazy pagan rituals all over the place (not all pagan was good pagan, just as not all abrahamic faiths were good faiths), eventually the immigrants took over the majority and the EU fell apart, with a lot of killing and raping of the Europeans in the process. However there was a bureocracy that tried to bind them on a common ethical and political standard (namely Christianity) by most rigid and simplest rules necessary not to eat each others alive. When the carnage rested (some 1000 years ago), they saw that the Europeans had some good ideas back then, and started reviving them. Thus modern Europe was created.

Every person that states that our paganism (not Roman nor Greek) was a hippie flower power utopia (like I see some members are posting), has to be high on some kind of weed, or digested too much mushrooms. We were a herder folk, nomads that migrated, in such herding tribal socities religion is based upon class, and the most necessary class was that of a warrior, hence our pagan religion was based upon two things, food and war. (nothing gentle, hippie, flower-loving about that)

Anyone that wants to revive that kind of ideology and mindset on a general social level, watched too much Disney movies, or in the other hand needs to find a valve to let some of that steam out, pumping iron or in the last case scenario go do some 'peacework' in the middle East.

Sorry to interrupt: christians came, tried to destroy everything native, did not succeed, saw in the end that some s.hit was good and decided to revive what they wanted to destroy in the begining of it all.
    Is that what you're trying to say?  ;D Crazy.

Romans used christianity in a desperate attempt to unify an empire which was already doomed. That is the truth.

Oh, so you mean I should do anything else (pump iron and peacework the middle east), except what my nature dictates, because Europe is occupied by christians and they do not allow me to do that which I feel like doing, IN MY OWN HOMELAND? Get lost, dude.

Anonymous
    Quote:

Every person that thinks Christianity was our only saviour is high on weed too for that matter.  Pagan society was advanced, it just didn't work for great number of people. But you are wrong if you think things would have stayed that way up until now. As Frazier said, civilization (religon) takes this course Sorcery > Religion > Science. The introduction of the alien abrahamic religions on European soil have interrupted this.

Oh, and you are wrong too if you think our ancestors are raping and murdering loonatics. This is nothing more than a fallacy, that would mean in areas where Christianity wasn't introduced the rapings would continue (Nepal was during the course of history the most peaceful region in the world and they have hardly seen any Christianity). This fallacy of yours is based on nothing more than interpretatio Christiana of pagan history. European pagan society had high morals, values and overall great functionality, because it was based itself on the principles of nature itself (which is the highest form of order and functionality).

Anonymous
    Quote:

Was Zeus (and others like him), not able to control his fornication problem, a good or a bad god?  ;D

Anonymous
    Quote:
    Dalibor concept of good and evil became a jurisdictional factor based upon religion in the Slavic society only with the emergence of Roman Christianity in our realm, before that it was based on principle of might is right, and the inherent sense of compassion, but not on law derived from religious based philosophy.

Might makes right still is present today in every single society on Earth ;)

Anonymous
    Quote:

FFS everything is based on nature, and please read the text I wrote on this topic.

Anonymous
    Quote:
    Might makes right still is present today in every single society on Earth ;)

Should not be in christianity though. Why is it?  ;)

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 229 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Slavorum

7 User(s) Online Join Server
  • Petko (the pet store)
  • ☭Lil Commie☭
  • ▽eurus▽
  • Drizzt
  • Shnickstara89
  • Nefario