• This topic has 13 voices and 228 replies.
Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 229 total)
  • Author

Anonymous
    Quote:
    Give us some purely christian examples, will you? Violence, death, murder, rape, etc. do not count. Let me see you, my friend…

How it answers to my statement.

Anonymous
    Quote:
    I wouldn't be so sure.

The secular world as it now is (in red). One may hold on conspiracy theories, but at least from my perspective the religious institute has nothing to do with wordly power, thus it has become a traditional identity carrier, nothing more.

Anonymous
    Quote:
    The secular world as it now is. One may hold on conspiracy theories, but at least from my perspective the religious institute has nothing to do with with wordly power, thus it has become a traditional identity carrier, nothing more.

He is acctually right.
    This is secularised society indeed, but it is mainly based on Christian ethics and culture.

Anonymous
    Quote:
    He is acctually right.
    This is secularised society indeed, but it is mainly based on Christian ethics and culture.

That is true

Anonymous
    Quote:
    How it answers to my statement.

You stated something and I asked for examples. Was not answering anything, because you wrote no question. You didn't give me any exmples, because… beats me why…

How is christianity european, not having european roots?
    How can christianity develope european identity, not being a european religion?
    ….
    And so on.

Based on this way of seeing things, communism, fascism and others did the same. Even more, given the fact that all those ideologies HAD european roots.
    Well, if they didn't, christianity did even less, if that is possible.

(I was very good at rethorics and logic in school. Wanna play?)  ;)

Anonymous
    Quote:
    Give us some purely christian examples, will you? Violence, death, murder, rape, etc. do not count. Let me see you, my friend…

Social care. It was taken form Norse religion? Freedom of religion. Romans respected it? (Yes I know Christians did not allways respected it, but that was developed by Christians) History as Progression. It is derived from Greek cyclical picture of History?

Quote:
    That is true

Then you could not say we outlived that same ethics.

Anonymous
    Quote:
    The secular world as it now is (in red). One may hold on conspiracy theories, but at least from my perspective the religious institute has nothing to do with with wordly power, thus it has become a traditional identity carrier, nothing more.

It is not the ONLY carrier, nor the best, as some see it.

Anonymous
    Quote:
    He is acctually right.

Which does not make it an IMPARTIAL society, my friend. And impartiality is the root of "Liberté, égalité, fraternité", as I allow myself to recall.

Anonymous
    Quote:
    It is not the ONLY carrier, nor the best, as some see it.

That is true. However European Medieval society, as well as the subsequent ones, evolved from Christian thought, not pagan. Thus making it today the main identity carrier, but not the oldest one.

Anonymous
    Quote:
    Social care. It was taken form Norse religion? Freedom of religion. Romans respected it? (Yes I know Christians did not allways respected it, but that was developed by Christians) History as Progression. It is derived from Greek cyclical picture of History?

Then you know nothing about pre-christian european societies, my friend, and that's why we have almost nothing to talk about.

Anonymous
    Quote:
    Which does not make it an IMPARTIAL society, my friend. And impartiality is the root of "Liberté, égalité, fraternité", as I allow myself to recall.

Christianity teches, humans newer could reach perfection (or ultimate justice for that matter), and by being made they are not able to reach it. Still did not see any possibility that anything made by humans could be perfect.

Anonymous
    Quote:
    Then you know nothing about pre-christian european societies, my friend, and that's why we have almost nothing to talk about.

Certanly we do not, since in 7 previous pages, I still did not see any argument for your statments. Well, you could read what Julian apostate wrot about that matter. It exists in Serbian translation. (About socila care and charity of Christians)
    Also, you could read letters of Emperor Traian to Plinius Younger. There is no guilt done from Christains, but anyway they should be killed if they are persistant in Christianity.
    About cyclical concept of History, read anything.

Anonymous
    Quote:
    That is true. However European Medieval society, as well as the subsequent ones, evolved from Christian thought, not pagan. Thus making it today the main identity carrier, but not the oldest one.

Not even back then was it the only carrier. And you would wonder how many "thoughts" of the sort existed before christianity, a lot of them way better than christianity had to offer, but that is not the generally accepted viewpoint, nor do I intend to impose it on anyone.

Let me give you one well-known example: the knighthood. No warriors among christians, based on their teachings, but a lot of that in pagan societies.

Maybe one more: the knighthood was the spine of the medieval society and hierarchy. So no society, without defending warriors.

And I can go on for a long time, but not now.

Anonymous
    Quote:
    Christianity teches, humans newer could reach perfection (or ultimate justice for that matter), and by being made they are not able to reach it. Still did not see any possibility that anything made by humans could be perfect.

… and christianity punishes all that cannot attain perfection. At least it says so, for nobody came from the dead to tell us anything about that.

Christianity, seen objectively, is nothing more than despotism.

Anonymous
    Quote:
    Not even back then was it the only carrier. And you would wonder how many "thoughts" of the sort existed before christianity, a lot of them way better than christianity had to offer, but that is not the generally accepted viewpoint, nor do I intend to impose it on anyone.

Let me give you one well-known example: the knighthood. No warriors among christians, based on their teachings, but a lot of that in pagan societies.

Maybe one more: the knighthood was the spine of the medieval society and hierarchy. So no society, without defending warriors.

And I can go on for a long time, but not now.

Knightood is social class, not religious institution. Anyway protecting of weak was in spirit of Roman equites or Sassanid catapractes?

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 229 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Slavorum

9 User(s) Online Join Server
  • БЕЗНОГNМ
  • Родни Никотин ☭
  • Drizzt
  • kony97
  • 'las
  • Lyutenitsa