• This topic has 16 voices and 64 replies.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 65 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

Which idea do you believe in or support?
    Evolution or Creationism and why?

Anonymous

Evolution. More believable and there's more evidence for it.

Anonymous

"And each will be rewarded according to his faith"

Maybe believers were created by God, and bellicose materialists descended from chimps :)

BTW this is rather theological question, this thread is more suitable for "Faith & Believing" subforum.

Anonymous

Creationism is pseudo science. It tries to masquerade as one, even though its proponents' problem with science is fundamental – they have a problem with the scientific method. That's as wrong as trying to find God with a Geiger counter, failing and proclaiming there isn't one.

Anonymous
    Quote:
    That's as wrong as trying to find God with a Geiger counter, failing and proclaiming there isn't one.

Amen. Bible is book of God's convenant with mankind, not scietific discussion. 

Anonymous

Why not combination of both?

Anonymous
    Quote:
    why not combination of both?

How would that work? God got the ball rolling and we took over from there?

Anonymous
    Quote:

In sense that supreme force aka God created the world in that manner.

Anonymous
    Quote:
    In sense that supreme force aka God created the world in that manner.

I'm not to sure if evolution is compatible with creationism. Maybe Dalibor can explain? I think Deism is the believe that a non-intervening god created the universe and then left it for us to run. Maybe that's similar to what you're saying?

Anonymous
    Quote:
    why not combination of both?

Because science is not a religion and the moment you make a religion out of it it stops being science.
    Also, trying to measure the speed of light through prophetic visions would look kinda silly :)

Anonymous
    Quote:

It is already a combination of both. The big-bang which happend around 13.75 billion years ago is considered a God's action, since we do not know what caused it, therefore we can for now only believe. The only difference in the faith now and then, is that then we knew even less than we know now, so we attributed a larger aspect of the physical world to God… As we all remember the Sun was also once a God.

Anonymous
    Quote:
    I'm not to sure if evolution is compatible with creationism. Maybe Dalibor can explain? I think Deism is the believe that a non-intervening god created the universe and then left it for us to run. Maybe that's similar to what you're saying?

As i recall in Slovenia Catholic church, the one i know best since i live in such country acknowledges evolution. It turns out there is indeed a concept of such; theistic evolution or evolutionary creation;

This view is generally accepted by major Christian churches, including the Catholic Church, Eastern Orthodox Church, Evangelical Lutheran Church in America, Episcopal Church USA, and some other mainline Protestant denominations; virtually all ***ish denominations; and other religious groups that lack a literalist stance concerning some holy scriptures. Various biblical literalists have accepted or noted openness to this stance, including theologian B.B. Warfield and evangelist Billy Graham.

With this approach toward evolution, scriptural creation stories are typically interpreted as being allegorical in nature. Both ***s and Christians have considered the idea of the creation history as an allegory (instead of a historical description) long before the development of Darwin's theory.

Anonymous
    Quote:
    It is already a combination of both. The big-bang which happend around 13.75 billion years ago is considered a God's action, since we do not know what caused it, therefore we can for now only believe. The only difference in the faith now and then, is that then we knew even less than we know now, so we attributed a larger aspect of the physical world to God… As we all remember the Sun was also once a God.

I don't remember anything about a big explosion creating the universe in the Bible.

Anonymous
    Quote:

Depends what you take as creationism.
    Acctually evolutionism do not exclude Religion. In other's way Darwin would be shyzophreniac, himslef, since he was not Atheist. (He was originaly Anglican, latter Agnostic, but mostly to death of his duagther). Mendel and Teilhard de Chardin  were Roman Catholic priests.

Quote:
    I don't remember anything about a big explosion creating the universe in the Bible.

And Bible is book of religious literature, not scientific work. In Book of Genesis, writer took legends of his people and rewrote it in theological manner to express religous truths, he was not writing goelogical-biological work.

Anonymous
    Quote:
    As i recall in Slovenia Catholic church, the one i know best since i live in such country acknowledges evolution. It turns out there is indeed a concept of such; theistic evolution or evolutionary creation;

That sounds kinda confusing. How do I differentiate between what is an allegory, and what should be taken as fact? The Bible doesn't tell the difference.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 65 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Slavorum

10 User(s) Online Join Server
  • Tujev
  • Nexius
  • кошка
  • GOGA
  • slovborg
  • Glockamole