• This topic has 11 voices and 10 replies.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

I have been viewing this facebook group:

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Finno-Ugric-heritage/554105641302956

Komi Permyak folk

Komi national ornament

Finno-Ugric folk (Mari/Komi/Erzya/Moksha)

There's a lot of more examples of Finnics using both traditional Slavic + Norse(Scandinavian) folk elements. Do you think this is acceptable?

Anonymous

If its traditional in praticular area ofc. its their right to wear these costumes in that case.

Anonymous

Nice poll, not biased at all  8)

Anonymous

I don't see this as a "rip off". It's just Slavic influence. This is common when people of different ethnic groups live together or next to each other.

Anonymous

Yes, some do. They take over some of our things and sell them as their stuff. At least in the case of Germans/Austrians in Slovenia. Gotschee Germans claim the "bread and salt" ritual to be an "ancient Gotschee practise". ::) I can see them talking about "their" klopotci and similar stuff. Just look at Austrian Carinthia and Styria and everything's clear.

Anonymous

Can we claim with absolute certainty that the Slavs haven't ripped off any of the Finno-Ugric culture?

Anonymous
    Quote:
    Can we claim with absolute certainty that the Slavs haven't ripped off any of the Finno-Ugric culture?

That.

Anonymous

Ok, am i the only one here who thinks that's not ethnic issue…its religic, christians stole all holidays and some gods they took call demons and other saints,not to mention the prayers, concept of mass, even the idea of priestesses and druids which they manufactured into their priests and nuns!!! I know,because my grandpas name was Juraj (Jurij) and he told me the tale of the origin of this name so many times when i was little..but when I grew up I figured it has nothing to do with christians…so after few years it all sat in the place! They or stole or rename important parts of our culture to invade and replace it with a tale of a woodpecker (how can it be that middle-eastern man had been white)who was nailed on the wood probably with his own tools…I say let Finns be,as long as we share same faith we will always have something similar and my brothers its not called ripping off, that means we share same roots.

Anonymous
    Quote:
    I don't see this as a "rip off". It's just Slavic influence. This is common when people of different ethnic groups live together or next to each other.

This and vice versa!

Anonymous

German Culture is so heavily influenced by Slavs. Polish, Wends, Czechs, etc.

Anonymous

This poll is terrible, hahaha, but topic is interesting.

I think that everyone in Europe has influenced their neighbours to some degree through contacts, assimilation and occupations. Elements of Slavic culture have influenced our neighbours, yet we Slavs have been influenced by non-Slavic cultures as well. So yeah, some have "ripped Slavs off", but at same time, we have "ripped others off" as well, I think.

Look at this, for example:

[img width=514 height=700]http://thumbs.dreamstime.com/z/woman-russian-folk-dress-3667178.jpg” />

[img width=465 height=700]http://www.barynya.com/russiansinger/images/marina_zhuravleva/marina_zhuravleva06.jpg” />

This is example of some Russian folk dress. Do you guys think it looks 100% Slavic and European? To me, it looks like there were ideas (especially the headwear) that were influenced by their Asiatic neighbours in Urals, Siberia and Central Asia, making it quite distant from Polish, Czech or Slovene folk costumes. Russia is an enormous country and there is no one Russian culture and I have no doubt others have influenced their culture.

If I could, I would vote combination of parts of both poll options and add more to it, hehehe.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Slavorum

8 User(s) Online Join Server
  • 'las
  • Jan Pat II
  • slovborg
  • привет
  • Fia
  • Tujev