• This topic has 13 voices and 57 replies.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 59 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

Funny pictures related to Slavic lands ;D 

Anonymous

Not a picture, but video. Czech head of state could not resist charm of Chilean pens: Czech President Vaclav Klaus, stealing a pen in an official visit to Chile

Anonymous

An information sign near a popular attraction seriously questions tourist-friendliness of Belarus.

Tourists can’t smoke, drink, ride a bicycle, roller skate, walk dogs, eat ice-cream and do 11 other things near the Mound of Glory, a WWII memorial complex near Minsk.

The super prohibitive sign was photographed by a tourist from the Netherlands.

Anonymous

The mound of Glory is a known tourist attraction. Many people of Minsk participated in constructing it. People were bringing soil in buckets to construct the mound which is 35m tall.  It’s the site where the army of 150,000 of German soldiers were surrounded and destroyed in Bagration operation.

But LOL at no radiation sign. I don’t know what the last two signs may mean. :)

Anonymous

@Sviatogor Thank you for the video. The monument looks impressive, especially when lit at night. It seems more aesthetically pleasing than most Soviet-era monuments. ETA: I see video has disappeared. I did watch it before it vanished.

I believe the last two symbols indicate: No Drugs/Poisons and No Explosives. I’m assuming BREATHING is allowed. :D

Anonymous
    The mound is build in a Soviet style in mid 60s. Soviet era is part of our history too. The Mound  was built by common folks of Minsk and other cities of Belarus. People used buckets to bring soil despite authorities could use excavators and trucks. People wanted to take part in the construction.
    The memorial looks good as one arrives in Minsk from the eastern side. 
    Here’s another video

Anonymous

Anonymous

Anonymous

Meanwhile…

Anonymous

Ah, explosives. I thought the last line of commandments was “Don’t shoot, don’t stab, don’t drop nukes, don’t blow dirty bombs, don’t launch space probes/don’t build Tesla coils”. But, yeah, explosives makes more sense.

Anonymous

:D

Anonymous

A Pastafarian Rastafarian?

Boris V.
    Boris V.
    Participant
    @dedushka

awesome thread :D 

guys fill this stuff with as much slav memes as possible! 

Anonymous

I don’t if this is funny, but it is certainly bizarre. 

Visitors walk by a fresco depicting the Doomsday scene with a figure resembling the Russian President Vladimir Putin burning in hell together with former Soviet Union and German Nazi symbols at the St. Josaphat Church in Chervonograd city, Ukraine, April 23, 2017. The church was opened in 2007 but interior works were not finished until now. PHOTO: EPA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K8_CJMEUauU

Boris V.
    Boris V.
    Participant
    @dedushka

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 59 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Slavorum

4 User(s) Online Join Server
  • 'las
  • Tujev
  • Fia
  • kony97