• This topic has 4 voices and 5 replies.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

Germanisation of the land between the Elbe-Saale and the Oder rivers
    Colonisation or assimilation ?

http://luzicane.narod.ru/RZaroff.html

Does someone have more information about that?

Anonymous

Neither,
    It was a conquest with aim of genocide.

It was not a smooth process either, there were Slav rebellions in Germany throughout the 900s, 1000s and 1100s.  The Slav rebellions only ceased once the Germans, under Henry the Lion, abandoned their policy of expulsion / settlement and switched over to allying with Slavs (eventual assimilation of most by the 1400-1500s).

Coincidently, one could see parallel with Lebensraum which was based on this Ostsiedlung– there were Germans who wanted all Slavs dead (like the inferiority complex Turanic-Mongol, Himmler) and then there were pragmatic ones like the Prussian Generals, Gauleiter Albert Forster and Alfred Rosenberg who saw a greater potential in Slavs (albeit at the cost of our identity – Germany’s plan was to create an United States in Europe and the last thing we need, in the world, is another America). 

Ironically, I believe the plan for the S.S. was to create an autonomous state in the east which was supposed to compromise entirely of a superior Ubermensch…
    It still happened – Eastern Europe used to be 25% Jewish in urban regions and the Cold War, and emigration to America and Israel, got rid them.  Likewise, the E.U. and Schengen agreement has done a fine job in relocating Eastern European gypsies to Britain and France (minus the tram woman on YouTube; those Anglos and Frenchmen love diversity!).  Whereas, the West is full of Jews, Mohammedans and run-away antiquated farm machinery.

And some parallel with British history.  For centuries, British historians claimed the Normans ethnically cleansed all the Anglo-Saxons and Romano-British remnants and the ‘unfortunate’ survivors fled to Wales and became Britain’s equivalent of Wends (Welsh – coincidently, both Welsh and Wend have the exact same definition  foreigner).  However, beyond cultural identity, we know this to be completely false and I don’t think there are any contemporary historians who claim the modern day British are entirely descended from Scandinavians.  In part, genetic research was a major factor but it should had been clear from the beginning that your ‘average bloke in a pub’ in Britain wasn’t a pure Scandinavian.

Anonymous
    Quote:

This area, between the Elbe and the Odra Rivers was conquered by Germanic peoples during a time called the "drang nach osten."  I find it very interesting when I'm riding about there on my bicycle to study the names of cities and towns. Today's German city called "Gorlitz" has also the Slavic name "Zgorzelec."  I can see the slavic meaning here to be "za gor lec" or "the forest behind the mountain."  So I take it that the word "Gorlitz" has no actual meaning in German but was originally a slavic name.

There is also a small town just below the hill on which the city of Gorlitz is siturated. It is called "Niesky."  Neezkoi means "low down" in Slavic. And I've seen another one called "Mokrenna." This means wet place. So the names of towns and cities in this area are originally Slavic as can be seen from their meanings. That is some information about this place that I have.

Anonymous
    Quote:
    Neither,

It was not a smooth process either, there were Slav rebellions in Germany throughout the 900s, 1000s and 1100s.  The Slav rebellions only ceased once the Germans, under Henry the Lion, abandoned their policy of expulsion / settlement and switched over to allying with Slavs (eventual assimilation of most by the 1400-1500s).

Coincidently, one could see parallel with Lebensraum which was based on this Ostsiedlung– there were Germans who wanted all Slavs dead (like the inferiority complex Turanic-Mongol, Himmler) and then there were pragmatic ones like the Prussian Generals, Gauleiter Albert Forster and Alfred Rosenberg who saw a greater potential in Slavs (albeit at the cost of our identity – Germany’s plan was to create an United States in Europe and the last thing we need, in the world, is another America). 

Ironically, I believe the plan for the S.S. was to create an autonomous state in the east which was supposed to compromise entirely of a superior Ubermensch…
    It still happened – Eastern Europe used to be 25% Jewish in urban regions and the Cold War, and emigration to America and Israel, got rid them.  Likewise, the E.U. and Schengen agreement has done a fine job in relocating Eastern European gypsies to Britain and France (minus the tram woman on YouTube; those Anglos and Frenchmen love diversity!).  Whereas, the West is full of Jews, Mohammedans and run-away antiquated farm machinery.

And some parallel with British history.  For centuries, British historians claimed the Normans ethnically cleansed all the Anglo-Saxons and Romano-British remnants and the ‘unfortunate’ survivors fled to Wales and became Britain’s equivalent of Wends (Welsh – coincidently, both Welsh and Wend have the exact same definition  foreigner).  However, beyond cultural identity, we know this to be completely false and I don’t think there are any contemporary historians who claim the modern day British are entirely descended from Scandinavians.  In part, genetic research was a major factor but it should had been clear from the beginning that your ‘average bloke in a pub’ in Britain wasn’t a pure Scandinavian.

The crossing over of Europe's races, religions and cultures is something that appears complicated and somewhat arranged haphazardly. But what if an understanding could be found which explains the rising tides and ebbs of nations. Cannot mankind study and understand our European history, and then pen it down into generalized statements taking only a paragraph or two?

In this way the average guy would be able to read about our European history and in a short time see the gist of it. Historians should get the marbles out of their mouths and do what the people have paid them to do. Distinguish and analyze the configuration of Europe's races and cultures, and explain it in a simple general synopsis for all to see. What are the three factors describing and differentiating the whole of Europe's peoples?

Anonymous
    Quote:
    Neither,

(…)

I wish to differentiate here and mention two aspects. During the founding of nations and Christianization all kingdoms conquered weaker, mostly heathen tribes. This does not necessarily fit into the category of genocide, as the primarily aim was not to ethnically cleanse the conquerd areas, but to create tax paying (and church going) subjects.
    The second point is the real genocide, the aim of NS Germany, in tradition of Prussian imperialism, which aimed to ethnically cleanse/Germanize foreign ethnicities after the establisment of nations.
    There is a picture of Himmer and high ranking SS officers mounted on horses in uniforms and armours of the Teutonic Knights. (I cant find it right now). He saw himself in a tradition of the Teutonic Knight, the tradition of Prussia, claiming he were in the tradition of the original Teutonic Knights. This was, however, false, despite Slavic propagandists of course followed his interpretation. However, the Teutonic Knights were not racial warriors against the Slavendom, but Christian crusaders which also were backed by Spanish and Slavic knights.

Anonymous
    Quote:

I would say both. Many empty patches were populated by Germans and it was Germans who established many towns with their own law. Over time Slavic population Germanised thanks to the fact Germans were slowly outnumbering them. Anyway according to some sources small communities of Slavic speakers survived up to the 17th century which wouldn't surprise me since there was no forceful Germanisation before nationalism erupted.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Slavorum

11 User(s) Online Join Server
  • Lucifer Morningstar
  • ca$hbunni
  • GOGA
  • Nefario
  • кошка
  • Jan Pat II