• This topic has 9 voices and 20 replies.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

Do you believe in Global Warming?

Anonymous

What do you mean by "belief in global warming"?

If you only mean that it is a belief/knowledge about the global temperature change, then yes. The average temperature rises.

If you mean also that it is a belief in human origin of this change, I don't know. AFAIK no serious study confirmed the "human origin hypothesis", but didn't reject either. As for me, I think that belief in the "human origin" is in some way a sign of typical human hubris.

Anonymous

You realy like making random threads  ;D

Anonymous

Yes.

Anonymous

No

Anonymous
    Quote:
    What do you mean by "belief in global warming"?

If you only mean that it is a belief/knowledge about the global temperature change, then yes. The average temperature rises.

If you mean also that it is a belief in human origin of this change, I don't know. AFAIK no serious study confirmed the "human origin hypothesis", but didn't reject either. As for me, I think that belief in the "human origin" is in some way a sign of typical human hubris.

Do you think global warming will happen in the future if we keep polluting the earth?
    That is what I mean

Anonymous

It is already happening and we should have taken required measures long time ago.

Anonymous
    Quote:
    Do you think global warming will happen in the future if we keep polluting the earth?
    That is what I mean

No, man made greenhouse gases account for something like 0.005% or less of the total greenhouse gases present in our atmosphere. On top of that , Co2 is relatively weak greenhouse gas. Global Warming is a hoax and covers the truth of what really happening which is climate change. In fact , we are in a 'warm period' of a long ice age and we are already overdue for the ending of the warming period. It is not a stretch to imagine within just a few decades that the earth will become significantly cooler. Most of the Earth's existence has been in an 'Ice Age' meaning global temperatures are something like 20-30 degrees cooler than today's average. It's just so happens that our civilization dawned in an interglacial period ( or warming period) and the current climate is all we've known. I'm far more concerned about the interglacial period ending. We wont be able to grow food like we do today and the equatorial regions of earth will become far more valuable than ever before. Pretty soon we will actually *need* global warming to sustain current agriculture but we simply cannot combat the electric forces of the Sun effecting our climate , at least not with current technology.

Anonymous

Profesor Mišo Alkalaj which i mentioned once before says earth is getting colder. ;D Regardless if these climate changes are human, natural or both…. Here in Slovenia it is obvious we have warmer winters for quite some time. I remember there used to be lots of snow when i was kid. This year so far we had snow only cca 4 days in entire year and rain + warm temperatures melted it all. On other hand i hear in Russia and balkan there is intense snow.

Anonymous

pollution? pollution is caused by toxic chemicals and makes environment worse for life. for example toxic gases like CO.
    global warming is supposed to be caused chiefly by higher concentrations of CO2, which isnt toxical. its actually important for life – one of compounds used in photosynthesis. it doesnt pollute anything. its nice how so many people speak about reducing CO2 emissions, but who cares about compounds that directly endanger life?
    more CO2 – more food for green plants, more oxygen. plant trees…

povhec: intense snowing doesnt mean its also intensely cold, at least not in most of eurasia. you either get low pressure which brings moist oceanic air which is warmer which means snow if temperature goes under zero, and moist air doesnt get cold so quickly during night, because water has got high thermal capacity, so its temperature is quite stable. you really cant get extreme frosts under cloudy skies.
    or you get high pressure which can possibly bring dry air from arctics or siberia ("siberian high pressure zone"). since theres only very little moist, temperature can drop a lot. thats why the coldest nights are under clear skies. you normally cant get both -15 and snowy weather during day in european conditions (i believe this goes for most of asia too).

Anonymous
    Quote:
    Profesor Mišo Alkalaj which i mentioned once before says earth is getting colder. ;D Regardless if these climate changes are human, natural or both…. Here in Slovenia it is obvious we have warmer winters for quite some time. I remember there used to be lots of snow when i was kid. This year so far we had snow only cca 4 days in entire year and rain + warm temperatures melted it all. On other hand i hear in Russia and balkan there is intense snow.

The amount of snow in a winter is not at all indicative of global climate change.

Anonymous

Snow melting and warmer temperatures here are indicators it's warmer here than it used to be you folk can interpret anyway you want.

Anonymous

Povhec, GLOBAL climate change I said.  :)

Anonymous
    Quote:
    Povhec, GLOBAL climate change I said.  :)

Yeah i said how its here just for informative purposes. I don't claim anything on global scale becouse i am not expert on it.

Anonymous

well its a fact that european climate is getting warmer. no need to be expert for that. is it bad? is it caused by humans? if its too hot for you, get more trees in cities and villages, less concrete, more water
    villagers get cobbles or concrete in stream bed in their village, put drain pipes everywhere, so water goes away faster… and then in winter they complain that theres no water in wells.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Slavorum

8 User(s) Online Join Server
  • GOGA
  • кошка
  • slovborg
  • Tujev
  • Nefario
  • Glockamole