• This topic has 29 voices and 67 replies.
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 68 total)
  • Author

Anonymous
    Quote:
    Greater cooperation, yes.  But I don't see one giant country viable or desirable.

Well,thet's true..but as Ingva said-some private island for all Slavs..

Anonymous
    Quote:
    The only way to do that is to buy some bigger private island, call it Slavia and make it available only for Slavs to live there and tourists to visit it xD

Fijian islands are actually quite cheap!
    If every member on this forum pitched in and gave some money, we could buy an island, and this idea would be a reality! haha :)

Anonymous

You people know that I was joking , right  ;D ?
    But I'm glad you like the idea :)

Anonymous
    Quote:
    Great Slavic country? No way. I absolutely dissagree. That passports idea sounds nice though.

Why do you dissagree?

Anonymous

I absolutely agree with this idea. I think Slavia should be some sort of federation, where every state keeps it's integrity and some of the laws (something like USA, but of course with different laws and politics). But for start we should at least do that thing with passports or form Slavic Union (like EU).

Anonymous

I would add Romania, Hungary and Austria and Greece + baltic states ofc. Becouse of various reasons.

Anonymous

arent greek islands for sale?  ;D

Anonymous

I agree with all the above concepts except a unitary government. Massive sized governments have already caused the death of millions of Slavs. No reason to advocate for this plague again.

Anonymous
    Quote:
    Why do you dissagree?

There is nothing such a country where all nations are equal. One big Slavic country would only break our good relations.

Anonymous
    Quote:
    There is nothing such a country where all nations are equal. One big Slavic country would only break our good relations.

I think it could work.
    It wouldn't be easy, but there would definitely be a way of making it work. And what good relations do you speak of? The formation of a big Slavic country would improve relations between the Slavic peoples.

Anonymous
    Quote:
    I think it could work.
    It wouldn't be easy, but there would definitely be a way of making it work. And what good relations do you speak of? The formation of a big Slavic country would improve relations between the Slavic peoples.

Well, I didn't try it on my own skin, so I can't say this from personal experience, but Slovaks may know the best that country with more nations where all nations are equal just can't exist. There was Czechoslovakia, where dominants were Czechs, there was Austria-Hungary, where were dominants Germans and Magyars, there was Hungaria where were (since 17th century) dominant Magyars. There is Czech Republic where are dominant Czechs (what about Moravians?), there was USSR where were dominant Russians/Bolsheviks (what about Ukrainians, Lithuanians and other nations?).
    And where are those countries now? Except Czechia, they don't exist anymore, because one nation took a lead, and other didn't like it. Moravians are slowly, but for sure going to be assimilated, if they  won't do something, and when they'll do it, Czech Republic as we know it nowaday will dissapear.

Anonymous
    Quote:
    I think it's kinda nice idea. All pan-Slavinists gathered in one place could organise a village or commune :)

I like that. Then they can try to xy-ise one another.  ;D

I'm not for it. I wouldn't support not even the idea of a new Yugoslavia, not mentioning a country of all Slavs. We're simply too different and masive unequalities would happen. In fifty years we'd all be Russian or something, plus the politics wouldn't work the proper way and many more bad things… If Russian joins such a country it changes little for them. If Slovenia does it changes a lot for it. And since noone really wants a new Austria-Hungary or a "democratic" version of Imperial Russia, my answer is simple: ain't gonna happen.  :D The whole Panslavic idea is nice and so is the idea of this forum but I don't believe really in it. Put some harda*s Russians, Ukrainians, Poles and somebody 4th together. We know the result, don't we? ;D

Anonymous

Can you imagine all of those quarrels in one pan-Slavic country? I prefer a kind of free union and I would start from the Western Slavic countries through the Balkan and in the end Eastern Slavic countries would join the union. Reason? West Slavs have the least disputes between each other. South Slavs would join naturally, because Czechs have sympathies for Slovenes and I think there wouldn't be any problem for them to join. Then Croatia, Montenegro etc… In the third round Eastern Slavs would join, maybe surprisingly, I would start with Belarus. Then Ukraine and Russia in the end. East Slavic countries are simply too big, moreover, we like it or not, Russia leads an imperialistic policy few centuries. I'm not finding a fault with it, it's pretty understandable as Russia is the biggest country in the world. But before this all we would have to discuss very looong time about it all.

Just a hypothesis, reality is different though…

Anonymous
    Quote:
    Can you imagine all of those quarrels in one pan-Slavic country? I prefer a kind of free union and I would start from the Western Slavic countries through the Balkan and in the end Eastern Slavic countries would join the union. Reason? West Slavs have the least disputes between each other. South Slavs would join naturally, because Czechs have sympathies for Slovenes and I think there wouldn't be any problem for them to join. Then Croatia, Montenegro etc… In the third round Eastern Slavs would join, maybe surprisingly, I would start with Belarus. Then Ukraine and Russia in the end. East Slavic countries are simply too big, moreover, we like it or not, Russia leads an imperialistic policy few centuries. I'm not finding a fault with it, it's pretty understandable as Russia is the biggest country in the world. But before this all we would have to discuss very looong time about it all.

Just a hypothesis, reality is different though…

I like you thinking though I'd be more for a form of federation. The order of joining you mentioned but I believe Ukraine would join faster than Belarus. But I think the Russians and Serbs could stop the whole thing…

Anonymous

We do not need no common state. Why? Russian governments were rarely seen with rudiments of sanity, so yes, political union is absurd as the balance will definitely shift. The only thing we need – is visa cancellation and some special offers for travelling within Slavic countries to raise people's interest. For people to spend holidays, for example in Croatia, not Turkey (in Russia – tour to Turkey is about 200 euros, to Cro – from 600 euros), or to ski in Slovakia not France or whatever. That's all. Slavic Union just like EU is more acceptable I think. But another thing is that no matter how much we want it, it will not be possible until it is profitable to financial "elite". The concept of the EU was profitable for the capital, so it appeared. Do not know how the idea of the SU will match as it is obviously a EU rival and everything will be done for it not to appear. Finally, again the Americans will arrive, looking for oil…

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 68 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Slavorum

6 User(s) Online Join Server
  • LCaine
  • ☭Lil Commie☭
  • Shnickstara89
  • ▽eurus▽
  • Drizzt
  • Petko (the pet store)