• This topic has 4 voices and 3 replies.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

I think that in future Visegrád group should be enlarged by joining of Ukraine, Baltic states, all ex-Yu states, Bulgaria, Romania, Belarus, Moldova and Austria. Another possible additional member could be Greece. As far Russia goes it should be very close associate. Why not Russia? For Russia's sake itself and for sake of Visegrád too. Russia is to big and Russia being part of this group would be sensitive political point for both sides. Russia would feel its influence isn't sufficient considering its size, natural resources and importance in this world while other would feel threatened by Russian hegemony. Such situation would only cause serious division among us all.

So what do you folks think? :D

Anonymous

You forgot Slovenia and Croatia. They should be for sure part of it at first.

Anonymous
    Quote:
    You forgot Slovenia and Croatia. They should be for sure part of it at first.

Quote:
    (…) all ex-Yu states (…)

Anonymous
    Quote:
    I think that in future Visegrád group should be enlarged by joining of Ukraine, Baltic states, all ex-Yu states, Bulgaria, Romania, Belarus, Moldova and Austria. Another possible additional member could be Greece. As far Russia goes it should be very close associate.

Honestly I dont see any benefit for Serbia, BiH and Montenegro to join that group (nor acctually for most of states you mentioned). I am not against Visegrad Group, in any sense, just I dont feel it would help Serbia in it's strategic goals. Primarily I mean on Kosovo, Poland and Czech Republic recognised Kosovo, (I am not blaiming people, to be sure), but most of members you mentioned recognised, and what support we would expect from them?

Quote:
    Why not Russia? For Russia's sake itself and for sake of Visegrád too. Russia is to big and Russia being part of this group would be sensitive political point for both sides. Russia would feel its influence isn't sufficient considering its size, natural resources and importance in this world while other would feel threatened by Russian hegemony. Such situation would only cause serious division among us all.

Well countrary situation would be factual division between us.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.