• This topic has 11 voices and 14 replies.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

If any of you have any clue from which army and century this weapon is supposed to be please help.

[img width=820 height=615]http://mmc.bolha.com/1/image/177494/178786/Sablja-mec_53fb98473a7ed.jpg” />

Anonymous

Haha funny i have the same at home however mine is in worse condition.

It is from Kingdom of Serbs, Croats and Slovenes (SHS). My grand-grandfather had a officer dagger and a parade officer sword (that same one).

I think this one is for infantry (land troops) officers. Naval ones are the most rare as we had much smaller Naval force compared to infantry so naval swords and daggers can be found in Dalmatia and they are much more expensive due to rarity.

Anonymous

I think its Excalibur ;D

Anonymous
    Quote:
    Haha funny i have the same at home however mine is in worse condition.

It is from Kingdom of Serbs, Croats and Slovenes (SHS). My grand-grandfather had a officer dagger and a parade officer sword (that same one).

I think this one is for infantry (land troops) officers. Naval ones are the most rare as we had much smaller Naval force compared to infantry so naval swords and daggers can be found in Dalmatia and they are much more expensive due to rarity.

Cool. Thanks mate. :D Ok so naval's are rare. What about these land swords are they rare generaly in "sword world" and how much are they supposed to cost on the market?

Quote:
    I think its Excalibur ;D

Excalib huh. Damit. ;D

Anonymous

I found this photo, sword from 1920. Beautiful coat of arms.

Anonymous
    Quote:
    What about these land swords are they rare generaly in "sword world" and how much are they supposed to cost on the market?

You can swindle someone to get at most 50€. I wouldn't say that they have a big material value.

Anonymous
    Quote:
    Cool. Thanks mate. :D Ok so naval's are rare. What about these land swords are they rare generaly in "sword world" and how much are they supposed to cost on the market?

I have a dagger that is in perfect condition, same as this one (pic is from google)

I could ask for it maybe 500 euro…but since it's a family heirloom i ain't selling it.

This for example is a navy dagger:

and i think people sell it even up to 1000 euro if not more.

As for swords i have no idea…but Naval swords again will have much bigger value than infantry swords just because the amount of how many were produced. 

Actually my sword looks like this:
    [img width=820 height=615]http://www.eu-militaria.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/010-980×735.jpg” />

thus i'd say you have a sword from SHS but from some other military ranks.

Shaokang might be right, it might be Excalibur

Anonymous

Are you selling it Povhec? I can see in url link that is from classified advertising page Bolha? :D

Anonymous

Cheereo there, matey! Excuse me, I couldn't respond faster …
    Sorry but Pentaz is wrong ( :P ), it's not a SHS officer's sword. The SHS swords (which was modified into SFR Yugoslav swords simply by cutting out the eagle and švajsing on a commy star) have a slightly curved blade while Povhec's is rather completely straight. Also, the arm guard and handle is completely different, no way is that the same thing.

When I first saw this I noticed the comletly brass handle and it seemed quite short (how long is it anyway?) so my first thought was a short infantry sword from the early or mid 1800s. But the scabard is all made of iron and looks like a cavalry or officer's scabard. I doubt it's a cavalry sword because most are curved. Cuirassier swords are however straight, but no way that handle is from a cuirassier sword. If I hadn't seen the scabard I'd say it's possible to be a sword bayonet, those had quite similar handles and were completely straight aswell. I also doubt there is any mounting mechanism on the other, unseen side of the handle, is there? Perhaps it's a pirate sword. :D

As you can see I can write lots and lots but in the end it's all for nothing, I have less than a clue on this …

Vem pa, kje ti lah pomagajo. Obstaja en dobr forum, reče se mu Wehrmacht-odlikovanja, je slovenski in pjebi tam res vejo velik. Sicer so v glavnem specializirani na vojaške medalje/odličja, ampak večina jih zbira še čelade, razna vojaška pokrivala in pitaj boga ka vse ne. Tud meče, bodala in bajonete. Je tut dost južnih sosedov (in nesosedov) zram. Tu ti dam link, pa če češ se registriri pa vpraši, čis zna bit, da bi ti gdo lah povedo ka za'no čudo maš doma.
    (če kerga na PS vprašaš ti tut kako ceno povejo, sicer se kr v temah neradi menjo o gnarju) Ma pa zarustano nožnco, kar bo zihr mal zbil ceno. Glede pucanja – prvo vpraši ene par ludi če je vredo pucat, ker nektere stvari dobesedno uničiš  s pucajem in so pol sam še za bek fuknat. Pa en bo reko tak, drug drugač. Sej boš vido.
    http://www.wehrmacht-odlikovanja.com/forum/forum.php

Anonymous

I think it's a cutlass or a sabre.

Anonymous

I think that is a definitely cavalry sabre from time of WW 1. But i`m not sure from which country…

Anonymous
    Quote:
    I think it's a cutlass or a sabre.

Aren't both usually curved? IIRC the main difference between a sword and sabre is that a sword is straight and a sabre curved. But there are curved swords aswell. Another difference is the armguard. Povhec's has a guard that looks like a sabre armguard, not that typical for swords. But it just looks odd, no idea what it really is …

Quote:
    I think that is a definitely cavalry sabre from time of WW 1. But i`m not sure from which country…

The scabard makes me think the same but what type of cavalry would use such swords? I checked and it very probably isn't Austrian. A "problem" is that it is from Gorenjska. Those guys had everything passing through, so it could be Austrian, French, Italian, German, Serbian, Royal Yugoslavian, even Russian …

Btw, what about firefighters, railway officials, gendarmes and similar? Those had swords too, afaik.

Anonymous

Maybe this site can help you http://oldswords.com/antiqueswords.php

Anonymous

Any cavalry from that time used simmilar swords as basic equipment
    In fact i think that this is a cutlass…  And on other hand it could be anavy sword. Now, ivery intrigued with this sword :D

Anonymous

Here's a sword with a similar handle but the blade looks much thinner. It's Austro-Hungarian so that'd be your best bet where to look. I don't have enough knowledge about swords to assist any further so I'm out :D

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.