• This topic has 9 voices and 14 replies.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

Animated history of Poland form 800-2010. The movie was made by famous Polish master of contemporary animation Tomasz Bagiński on the occasion of Polish participation in EXPO 2010 in Shanghai.

PARP: Animowana "Historia Polski"

Fair motion picture circumscribing Warsaw in 1945

German destroyers paid special attention to historical monuments, Polish national archives and places of interest: nothing was to be left of what used to be a city. By January 1945 85% of the buildings were destroyed, 25% as a result of the Warsaw Uprising, 35% as the systematic German actions after the Uprising, the rest as a result of the earlier Warsaw Ghetto Uprising, 15 % and other combat including the September 1939 campaign (10%).

Warszawa w 1944 3D, Warsaw 1944 3D

"City of ruins", the world's first digital reconstruction of a city destroyed during the Second World War, is presented in the Warsaw Uprising Museum from 1st August 2010. The production of the film was entrusted to Platige Image. For 2 years, over 30-people team of graphic artists worked on the film.

The film "City of ruins" is over-five-minutes’ long simulation of the flight of a Liberator plane over the destroyed Warsaw of 1945. The image suggestively conveys the horror and the scale of destruction of the capital city after the Second World War.

If you have not seen it with your own eyes, isolated photos from the time of the war will not convey it. It is only the film that truly reveals what Warsaw looked like just after the war had ended and from what kind of ruins it was raised.

The production of the project was supervised by Piotr Śliwowski (project manager, the Warsaw Rising Museum), Michał Gryn (CG Supervisor, PI) and Damian Nenow (director, PI).

MIASTO RUIN FULL HD – 6 min 49 sek slideshowvideo

Trailer  made on the occasion of 600 anniversary of The Battle of Grunwald or 1st Battle of Tannenberg fought on 15 July 1410, during the Polish–Lithuanian–Teutonic War. Trailer was made by Platige Image under supervision of Tomasz Bagiński.

Grunwald 1410 – 2010, walka 600. – lecia (90 s.)

Anonymous

That animation of ruined Warsaw moved me.

Anonymous
    Quote:
    That animation of ruined Warsaw moved me.

That why this film was made for. The is very limited knowledge, especially among young people, how Warsaw looked like after war. Polish people learn about this at school, but when it is visualised, it generate different emotions. Thanks for your sincere interest.

Anonymous
    Quote:
    sincere interest.

= polonophilia  :)

Anonymous

This Grunwald trailer rocks!

Anonymous

Uff that Grunwald trailer is awesome :D

Is there going to be some longer video/movie of that, or was it just that trailer?

Anonymous
    Quote:
    Uff that Grunwald trailer is awesome :D

Is there going to be some longer video/movie of that, or was it just that trailer?

There is only trailer. Full version of film was made for 600th anniversary of Grunwald battle (15.07.2011). I will submit broader version if it occurs in net. :)

I just found another one:

[flash=200,200]http://vodpod.com/watch/3868092-trailer-the-battle-of-grunwald-by-tomasz-bagiski[/flash]

Anonymous

Nice videos, Prelja. I remember my father played me that ruined Warsaw video. I truly hate Nazis for what they did to our beloved capital. It was once one of most beautiful cities in Central and Eastern Europe (Paris of the East), now it is just scarred. Here are some old pictures:

I saw that Grunwald trailer not long ago, but what exactly is it? Is it going to be animated reconstruction of battle? Or perhaps part of long promised remake of Krzyżacy that was meant to be made already some years ago? ;) I heard Agnieszka Holland was supposed to do one but I am very happy she is not. :D

Anonymous
    Quote:
    I saw that Grunwald trailer not long ago, but what exactly is it? Is it going to be animated reconstruction of battle? Or perhaps part of long promised remake of Krzyżacy that was meant to be made already some years ago? ;) I heard Agnieszka Holland was supposed to do one but I am very happy she is not. :D

Very nice pictures Wilkołak. Pre-war Warsaw was really a beautiful place. :'(

Re Grunwald battle movie. Bagiński makes short movies, so I don’t think that this one will be long. The first full length feature film by him will be Hardcore44 abound the Warsaw Uprising. I haven’t seen Grunwald movie except trailer and I wonder where this film is shown. Maybe it is distributed through Polish cinemas and shown before selected feature films as The Cathedral was, or was made to be shown in the same way on international film festivals and contests.

I heard about Angieszka Holland project and I think the same. ATM no contemporary version of the movie would be better than Aleksander Ford’s super production from 1960, which was remastered, digitalised and this is enough for now.  :)

Anonymous
    Quote:
    Re Grunwald battle movie. Bagiński makes short movies, so I don’t think that this one will be long. The first full length feature film by him will be Hardcore44 abound the Warsaw Uprising. I haven’t seen Grunwald movie except trailer and I wonder where this film is shown. Maybe it is distributed through Polish cinemas and shown before selected feature films as The Cathedral was, or was made to be shown in the same way on international film festivals and contests.

I am sure they will be available for download somewhere, which I probably will, because this work looks impressive.

I heard about Angieszka Holland project and I think the same. ATM no contemporary version of the movie would be better than Aleksander Ford’s super production from 1960, which was remastered, digitalised and this is enough for now.  :)

Unless maybe Jerzy Hoffman was to make it. He also has talent for same kind of believable climate that made Ford original so great! I cannot wait to see his Bitwa Warszawska 1920.

Anonymous
    Quote:
    Jerzy Hoffman

Ashkenazim?

Anonymous
    Quote:
    Ashkenazim?

Unfortunately, yes, he is jewish. On other hand, as far as his directing skills go, they are good and never have I seen any political motif (zionist) behind his work (unlike paedophile "Polański" – real surname Liebling).

Ford who made Krzyżacy was also jewish, but same thing as Hoffman: no zionist political motif, talented director and all movies appear to be very Pro-Polish. I guess their upbringing was Polish and not jewish, despite origins.

Anonymous

Visual Presentation on the Founding of Poland and its Early History
    Polish Medieval Project

Anonymous

Dziękuję Prelja for the link to the history movie.  :) Too many Pol-Ams don't learn enough about Polish history and I think that movie is a great overview for an Amerykan to start.

Anonymous
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Slavorum

5 User(s) Online Join Server
  • (o)possum tamer 🐀 (kris)
  • Tujev
  • Nexius
  • kony97
  • Nefario