• This topic has 16 voices and 70 replies.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 71 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

Hi, these two large Slavic nations were part of the USSR, and from what I can tell, very similar in many ways. I'm just curious about how they view each other today, what the relationship is like between the two and so on. Can anyone give me a historic overview in any detail?

Anonymous

Check out Sokil and Sibiryak you will get the picture! ;) ;D

Anonymous
    Quote:
    Check out Sokil and Sibiryak you will get the picture! ;) ;D

;D ;D

Well, relations can be considered problematic. You will find a lot of material on this here.

Anonymous

What is that mainly due to, though? I'll look around for more info, but I just figured asking it straight out was best.

Anonymous
    Quote:
    What is that mainly due to, though? I'll look around for more info, but I just figured asking it straight out was best.

Ukraine didn't exactly have a nice time when occupied by the Russian Empire and later on by the Soviet Union, then there are also some disputes concerning history and the present-day problem of Russian influence keeping Ukraine from becoming a truly independent nation again.

Anonymous

According to the words of a previous Slavorum member (known, inter alia, for his highly amusing posts) – Orthodox Ukrainians are Russians in denial while Greek Catholic ones are traitors who work for the pope.

Anonymous

The reason for the GCC was simply that the orthodox in the Hapsburg lands were cut off from other large orthodox nations.  The only change that was supposed to happen was that the pope would be considered head of all Christian. People.  The GCC held their own churches,  had married priests and Rome couldn't interfere with naming bishops.  When GC moved to the USA,  Rome broke all these promises

Anonymous

I know I was just joking :D

Actually GCC played a very important role in the national revival of Ukraine, that's why I respect it as a religious organization.

Anonymous

The reason for the GCC was simply that the orthodox in the Hapsburg lands were cut off from other large orthodox nations.  The only change that was supposed to happen was that the pope would be considered head of all Christian. People.  The GCC held their own churches,  had married priests and Rome couldn't interfere with naming bishops.  When GC moved to the USA,  Rome broke all these promises

Anonymous
    Quote:
    Hi, these two large Slavic nations were part of the USSR, and from what I can tell, very similar in many ways. I'm just curious about how they view each other today, what the relationship is like between the two and so on. Can anyone give me a historic overview in any detail?

Well, this's the Soviet myth and huge exaggeration about similarity of our nations like we're the same people devided by angry invisible enemy. As it was said in previous posts there are serious problems in relationship of Ukraine and Russia, especially as we have hostility between the two nations at the household level. For obvious reasons, I will not give here Russian proverbs of the Ukrainian national character, I'm sure, they also have something against us. In general words, relations between Russia and Ukraine look like divorce of alcoholic and his unsatisfied wife. While we have internal problems and genocide of Russian nation, Ukraine probably has something similar and in all their fails we are guilty ::) As the result – almost completely anti-Russian direction of Ukrainian nationalism, different funny attemps of cave revisionism, alternative history, discrimination against Russians in Ukraine ect.

P.S. This's my personal opinion, I don't pretend to total objectivity, my hope, this post doesn't provoke anyone for thoughtless messages ;D

Anonymous

I didn't take the GCC comment as an insult.  I just find it funny how argumentative us Slavs can be when it comes to religion.  Most of the time there was a political reality that caused people to be one faith or another.  I once had a date with a Russian girl who called me a traitor for being brought up GCC.  I told her we have no choice where are moms dragged us to worship as kids. 

Anonymous
    Quote:
    Well, this's the Soviet myth and huge exaggeration about similarity of our nations like we're the same people devided by angry invisible enemy. As it was said in previous posts there are serious problems in relationship of Ukraine and Russia, especially as we have hostility between the two nations at the household level. For obvious reasons, I will not give here Russian proverbs of the Ukrainian national character, I'm sure, they also have something against us. In general words, relations between Russia and Ukraine look like divorce of alcoholic and his unsatisfied wife. While we have internal problems and genocide of Russian nation, Ukraine probably has something similar and in all their fails we are guilty ::) As the result – almost completely anti-Russian direction of Ukrainian nationalism, different funny attemps of cave revisionism, alternative history, discrimination against Russians in Ukraine ect.

P.S. This's my personal opinion, I don't pretend to total objectivity, my hope, this post doesn't provoke anyone for thoughtless messages ;D

I always saw this as mother and problematic teen daughter relation  ;D

Anonymous
    Quote:
    I always saw this as mother and problematic teen daughter relation  ;D

daughter 😮 is Ukraine in something smaller than Russia? 😮 :D you'll be blamed in disgusting imperial Russian propaganda ;)

Anonymous
    Quote:
    daughter 😮 is Ukraine in something smaller than Russia? 😮 :D you'll be blamed in disgusting imperial Russian propaganda ;)

As far as I could understand, Soviet Era gave your two countries greatest achievement in every field(except literature which developed better in Imperial), especially technological. In Imperial Russia you had collected many engineers and scientists in St. Peterburg but you've done nothing practical, just theoretical. Thus for I like your Soviet era the most  ;D

Anonymous
    Quote:
    As far as I could understand, Soviet Era gave your two countries greatest achievement in every field(except literature which developed better in Imperial), especially technological. In Imperial Russia you had collected many engineers and scientists in St. Peterburg but you've done nothing practical, just theoretical. Thus for I like your Soviet era the most  ;D

Very dangerous comment on this subforum :D

Some practical achievements in the Empire existed but they had much smaller scale than during the industrialization. However, we should not forget that industrialization was carried out with the help of western engineers and Russian blood.

update: "hadn't" in this message was misprint

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 71 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Slavorum

7 User(s) Online Join Server
  • Tujev
  • Lucifer Morningstar
  • slovborg
  • Oliver (TW BLOCK)
  • Glockamole
  • ca$hbunni