• This topic has 12 voices and 25 replies.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

…from being just a website into sort of a world-wide slavic forum that would work as an organisation to enourage our gouverments to work on diplomatic missions between Slavic countries and in general inter-Slavic relations. Encouraging Slavic culture festivals and spreading our culture making people bond between eachother. Unfortuneatly Slavs and Eastern Europe have witnessed numerous destructions and wars (even intra-Slavic) and need rehabilitation and as well it's a need for most Slavic countries to work on their diplomatic relations between eachother. Do you think anything such is possible to happen or achive by mere website as Slavorum?

We're not talking here Slavorum becoming a political movement or anything, however we're talking about it more as sort of a organisation to encourage gouverments on more diplomatic engagements between our countries and more investing into schooling about Slavic heritage that we have left to world, something in those terms. Your opinions?

I'm kind of interested do you think it is possible for something like that to happen?

Anonymous

You might need a team, and organised one, and you would need to advertise the site in more places, not just the internet. And probably an official website. There's more things, but I can't think of them right now. Personally, I think an organisation like the one you're describing probably won't work that well, seeing as how the forum is going.

Anonymous
    Quote:
    You'd probably need much more money than what the site is getting now. You might need a team, and organised one, and you would need to advertise the site in more places, not just the internet. And probably an official website. There's more things, but I can't think of them right now. Personally, I think an organisation like the one you're describing probably won't work that well, seeing as how the forum is going.

Yeah, people use forums as a playground for venting and arguing with other, not something constructive ;D

Anonymous
    Quote:
    Yeah, people use forums as a playground for venting and arguing with other, not something constructive ;D

Do you know anyone (locally) who would take the time to participate in such an organisation?

Anonymous

I think if Slavorum wants to do something like that, you'll need to team up with already prominent organizations. Work as brother organizations in promotions and such. You'll need a strong internet presence with hardcore social media marketing, a website for information with a mission and goals, events, projects being done. This is where it would be great to pair up with other organizations.  You'd need branches of the Slavorum organization in various countries, those branches would work with local and non-local promotions/organizations/governments/events, etc. You'd need information in various languages.. you'd need a main website, plus local chapter websites. Each site would need be to be in the native language, English, and at least one more Slavic language at minimum.

It could be done, but it would need to be done by people who truly believe in the cause and aren't afraid to get their hands dirty with having to "knock door to door" for promotions, partnering up, and more.

Anonymous
    Quote:
    How can Slavorum transform

Stop fights between Slavs arguing on political matters mostly.

Stop racial slurs towards other ethnicities pretending the aim of this website is to preserve Slavic heritage and culture by posting images, videos and chunks of texts here and there. Maybe I am making harsh comments but that how it feels reading some topics at times. I am not a liberal leftist btw.

Add content of a high quality. If it is about folk, then it needs to be as authentic and original as possible and not something that was prepared on the marketing table. If it is about historical facts, then the sources should be provided.

Show genuine interest in Slavic heritage, culture and traditions. From what I gathered many members are more interested in discussing political matters and physical appearances of other ethnicities. There is nothing wrong discussing these subjects. However, there is a lot of it. It is only going to lead to more disagreements because forum memebers are not 'politicians' or 'anthropologists' who are placing their interests in the very subjects. In other words, we are discussing physical appearances of other ethnicities because it makes us feel better knowing we are more blond than [put your least favourite ethnicity here].

The initiatives should come from administrator and global moderators. They should be leading my example.

This is all easier said than done. It will require hard work and dedication, but eventually Slavorum will be noticed for its content on Slavic heritage, traditions and culture attracting more people. Once Slavorums attracts many people interested in preserving Slavic heritage  then we can make our voices heard. In the mean time forum members are hanging around care little if anything worthwhile is added to Slavorum including myself.

These are my two pennies worth comments.

Boris V.
    Boris V.
    Participant
    @dedushka
    Quote:

Stop racial slurs towards other ethnicities pretending the aim of this website is to preserve Slavic heritage and culture by posting images, videos and chunks of texts here and there. Maybe I am making harsh comments but that how it feels reading some topics at times. I am not a liberal leftist btw.

Add content of a high quality. If it is about folk, then it needs to be as authentic and original as possible and not something that was prepared on the marketing table. If it is about historical facts, then the sources should be provided.

Show genuine interest in Slavic heritage, culture and traditions. From what I gathered many members are more interested in discussing political matters and physical appearances of other ethnicities. There is nothing wrong discussing these subjects. However, there is a lot of it. It is only going to lead to more disagreements because forum memebers are not 'politicians' or 'anthropologists' who are placing their interests in the very subjects. In other words, we are discussing physical appearances of other ethnicities because it makes us feel better knowing we are more blond than [put your least favourite ethnicity here].

The initiatives should come from administrator and global moderators. They should be leading my example.

This is all easier said than done. It will require hard work and dedication, but eventually Slavorum will be noticed for its content on Slavic heritage, traditions and culture attracting more people. Once Slavorums attracts many people interested in preserving Slavic heritage by promoting to wider a then we can make our voices heard. In the mean time forum members are hanging around care little if anything worthwhile is added to Slavorum including myself.

Those 2 pennies are very worthwhile Sviatogor. In fact i am in favor of removing Political board completely since it's bringing nothing else but heated discussions which in turn become a magnet for extremism of all kinds. That's why we made Political boards being only accessible when a user reaches 250 posts since we don't want users to join for political discussing but interest in Slavdom and post about such things.

As far as things are going we will completely remove the political section of the forum so those that are interested in such things can find other forums to spread political ideas.

Anonymous
    Quote:
    As far as things are going we will completely remove the political section of the forum so those that are interested in such things can find other forums to spread political ideas.

Totally for 250 post limit :)

Anonymous
    Quote:

This is all easier said than done. It will require hard work and dedication, but eventually Slavorum will be noticed for its content on Slavic heritage, traditions and culture attracting more people. Once Slavorums attracts many people interested in preserving Slavic heritage  then we can make our voices heard. In the mean time forum members are hanging around care little if anything worthwhile is added to Slavorum including myself.

Beautifully said.

Boris V.
    Boris V.
    Participant
    @dedushka
    Quote:

Totally for 250 post limit :)

Truth to be told users are over-using political boards while those that are about Slavic culture and alike are very under-used so we will have to change something about that in future.

Anonymous
    Quote:
    Those 2 pennies are very worthwhile Sviatogor. In fact i am in favor of removing Political board completely since it's bringing nothing else but heated discussions which in turn become a magnet for extremism of all kinds. That's why we made Political boards being only accessible when a user reaches 250 posts since we don't want users to join for political discussing but interest in Slavdom and post about such things.

I like this. Because in the end, we all know not everyone is going to agree. Everyone has a different view, a different history, and a different concept to everything. It's always better to agree to disagree then attempt "friendly debates" because this does nothing but drive the wedge between us further. This solves nothing. As a forum, that wants to preserve heritage and culture, having a strong political section makes us vulnerable because it's our weak spot in the world as is. We'll never agree 100%. And that's okay. It's not a mandatory thing. We need to focus on what brings us together, makes us Slavs, and the beautiful culture and traditions we SHARE not what DIVIDES us.

Anonymous
    Quote:
    Truth to be told users are over-using political boards while those that are about Slavic culture and alike are very under-used so we will have to change something about that in future.

Perun, it has more to do with fact that majority of users don't know much about cultures of their own countries. I dont wish to hurt anybodies feelings, but it is fact.

Boris V.
    Boris V.
    Participant
    @dedushka
    Quote:
    Perun, it has more to do with fact that majority of users don't know much about cultures of their own countries. I dont wish to hurt anybodies feelings, but it is fact.

It is true, and that's only what we need. For them to spread info about their own culture for others to learn, and in same time for everybody to socialize and have fun.

Slavorum doesn't has to become a Slavic wikipedia, this is after all a forum for people socializing so it will stay that way but political discussions in the long run haven't added anything positive but arguing and alike.

Anonymous
    Quote:

I can agree with that.. but that's why things should focus more on culture than anything.. because even people born in their rightful cultural countries don't know their culture. That's quite sad, really. So we should be focusing on that than anything else.  Don't get me wrong, I love politics. But when attempting to come together as Slavs, it's not going to happen if we focus on political situations over culture and tradition.

Anonymous

Basing on my experience (and it's rich :D ), ladies and gentlemen, I can assure you that removal of the political section will inevitably lead to political discussions bursting out everywhere on other subforums. It's impossible to remove such things completely (and I am not sure if desirable). But every forum has its own rules so I don't object.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Slavorum

8 User(s) Online Join Server
  • ca$hbunni
  • Lucifer Morningstar
  • Glockamole
  • Fia
  • Tujev
  • Oliver (TW BLOCK)