• This topic has 6 voices and 8 replies.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

How Croatian Rodnovers Celebrated Jarilo

What you’re about to see is how Slavic pagans used to celebrate pagan ceremonies in honor of spring …

Read the full story here

Anonymous

buriful…

Boris V.
    Boris V.
    Participant
    @dedushka

What if, one time, one person, one day, slips and falls into the bonfire?! 😮

Anonymous

@Perun – natural selection ;D And a proper sacrifice ;D

Boris V.
    Boris V.
    Participant
    @dedushka

@GolemyGniew oh yes, the Gods would give fertile lands for few centuries after such sacrifice :D

Anonymous

It will keep the tribe fed for a coupe of days.

Anonymous

It’s good too see people celebrate Jarillo in other Slavic countries.

Jarillo celebration was fused with Christian celebration of St George known as Jur’ja in Belarus. Jur’ja was one of the most celebrated festives in people’s calendar. It is a separate subject of its own that deserves to have a research and book written about it. :) The festive in Belarus is different to that of Russia and Ukraine, where it was not celebrated to the same extent.

Anonymous

The celebration of Jur’ja (Jarilo) by people of Belarusian Polesia, which is a little different to celebrations of other regions of Belarus. There are many customs and superstitions associated with this festive, such as taking cows through morning dew, having a lunch in rye fields and many others. These customs and superstitions were related to praising God and supreme deities asking for better crops and healthier animals.

http://budzma.org/photoreport/yurya.html

Boris V.
    Boris V.
    Participant
    @dedushka

@Sviatogor you attend those ceremonies or? you should make a report on it how it looks in Belarus :)

Anonymous

I did not attend one. I am a city resident. My knowledge comes from ethnography books and reports such as the one I posted above. Polesia is an interesting ethnographic region. It was like a separate world for centuries.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Slavorum

10 User(s) Online Join Server
  • Fia
  • привет
  • 'las
  • Tujev
  • Jan Pat II
  • (o)possum tamer 🐀 (kris)