• This topic has 6 voices and 10 replies.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

Like the title says. This thread will be deleted over time.

Anonymous

Around 40 000-50 000 American dollars.

Anonymous

35K to 80K base salary ~ it depends on the Trade and the location (jobs pay more in New York and North Dakota than in Texas).

Anonymous

Also depends on your trade.  Electricians and plumbing do very well, especially if you get in the union.  Same with iron workers and welders. 

Anonymous

The more extreme example would be the self-employed Welders with a Welding Truck, they can make like 200K – 300K a year self-employed with a specialized Welding Truck in North Dakota, Alaska, et cetera. 

I guess the things people would do for money, I couldn't be made to weld for hours on end.

Anonymous

So all prices you guys mention is per year right?

Anonymous
    Quote:
    So all prices you guys mention is per year right?

For a Tradesmen.
    General Labourers / Hired Hands only make between minimum wage to $15-$18 bucks a hour.  I've noticed that you don't see many immigrants working in that sort of job (it's mostly meant for Highschool dropouts, Convicts, et cetera).

A lot of immigrants  from Eastern Europe come here to work in Agricultural.  My cousins (from Europe) work on my cousins' Pork Farm and they get all their room and board covered and take home $20K in Cash, which is more than they would make if they were in construction.

Anonymous

For general labor, you will also be competing with immigrants that are standing out front of home repair stores. They are basically hired for a day's job and if not, they sit all day without pay.  Air conditioning and heating also isn't a bad field either.

Anonymous

There's other options too.  Like if you'r efeeling confident about your English skills and Physics and can spend two years on School, you can become a Petroleum Technician or a Chemical Technician and have better job security and make some really good money too.

Anonymous
    Quote:
    35K to 80K base salary ~ it depends on the Trade and the location (jobs pay more in New York and North Dakota than in Texas).

As someone from Texas, I have to say something. (Kanadets isn't wrong in anyway) You simply have to take into account the cost of living in New York. I believe the cost of living would be similar in N. Dakota and Texas, but N. Dakota is experiencing an oil "boom" right now, and the state has been asking for workers of all types to come and assist. I know a few guys in my area who lived there for a few months; though, I'm sure, you could get permanent residence with a different company.

Texas definitely treats many of its skilled workers right. My best friend is an electrician. He's not even a "journeyman" as of yet, and he made roughly $54,000 last year. Most laborers/craftsmen get paid by the job or hour. My friend got paid around $24/hr when he worked as an electrician at a plastics plant nearby. Now, when you consider overtime, which was often, that's quite a bit of money. His father, on the other hand, has been an electrician for years, and has built up a decent business in our small town and the surrounding areas. He makes about $6,000 per house (simply wiring it up), and does multiple houses at time, and his business is fairly consistent. We also live in an area where the cost of living is low. Rent is cheap, everything is close by which doesn't make gas prices a huge issue, and electricity is fairly priced…cable/internet companies are doing a pretty good job of screwing everyone right now, but they will continue to do that until google fiber can get a firm foothold. So you have to weigh your paycheck with the cost, which you know (it's common sense). From what I've read, New York has a fairly high cost of living across the state, whereas Texas is only higher in the bigger cities.

I hope I gave you some idea with $/hr/job segment. I don't know what kind of construction you're involved in, but I know most plastic/metal plants in my area pay general maintenance (I would just like to emphasize when I say MAINTENANCE. These guys rebuild broken fences, and paint things. If you are smart enough to do that, then you should look into a craft trade.) about $21/hr for their work.

Anonymous

In this state (Minnesota), it depends on the job. You get paid for the "job" you do, not per hour/month. And the pay is agreed upon before you sign each project contract. Pay also depends on who hires your company (private pays better than state, corporations pay more than small business owners, etc…). The more detailed and obscure the work being done, the more demand, the more compensation you can request. Just like everything else.

It will earn you a living wage, but they will work your body into the ground before you're 35 to where you'll be sore for the rest of your life and may well require physical therapy and/or surgery.

Average monthly income, between $1500 and $2500.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Slavorum

5 User(s) Online Join Server
  • Drizzt
  • LCaine
  • Shnickstara89
  • Petko (the pet store)
  • ☭Lil Commie☭