• This topic has 7 voices and 10 replies.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

[table]
    [tr]
    [td][img height=200]http://www.hobbyspace.com/AAdmin/Images/SpaceLife/Mars/MarsOne/Settlement_1_1920x602.jpg”/>[/td]
    [td][img height=200]http://www.redorbit.com/media/uploads/2012/06/space-060412-004-617×416.jpg”/>[/td]
    [/tr]
    [/table]

Human settlement of Mars in 2023

Mars One will establish the first human settlement on Mars in 2023. A habitable settlement will be waiting for the settlers when they land. The settlement will support them while they live and work on Mars the rest of their lives. Every two years after 2023 an additional crew will arrive, such that there is a real living, growing community on Mars. Mars One has created a technical plan for this mission that is as simple as possible. For every component of the mission we have identified at least one potential supplier. Mars One invites you to join us in this next giant leap for mankind!

Mars One introduction film

Anonymous

IMHO, 2023 seems too early date, after the global economic crisis human Mars settlement won't be one of the favourite purposes for all governments and commercial organisations. Later such settlements will be possible of course, but most likely their population will speak Chinese only :)

Anonymous

Dose a Moon have any viable resources? If so Moon's settlement could happen realy fast. By the way i once watched documentary where they showed such a machine that it made water out of dust so they are planing to harvest vapour from the Moon dust and via vapour they will make water or something like that. I am not braniac so i am not sure how that works.

Anonymous
    Quote:
    Dose a Moon have any viable resources?

Moon has craploads of Helium 3, but the problem is that we don't have technologies which could utilize it :(

Anonymous

It could be abused for slave work. such settlement would be dependant on oxygen, water, food, spare parts from earth. i dont think such a settlement would become independent by merely utilizing technologies we currently have.
    Maybe it would be a penal colony.

Anyway, i dont think this is possible in 2023. we were supposed to drive flying cars in 2010…  ;D
    but space expeditions certainly have future in private business sphere.

Anonymous
    Quote:
    Moon has craploads of Helium 3, but the problem is that we don't have technologies which could utilize it :(

Aha and what could Helium 3 be used for? Also what about metals or something like oil?

Anonymous
    Quote:
    Aha and what could Helium 3 be used for? Also what about metals or something like oil?

Helium 3 in theory is THE PERFECT energy source. Just that we didn't have opportunity to experiment much with the element, let alone create technologies which could utilize it.

Anonymous

I'ld wait until the slaves break the ground on Mars and maybe terraform the planet first.

Then swoop in and buy 4000 acres.  :D  ;D

Anonymous
    Quote:
    It could be abused for slave work. such settlement would be dependant on oxygen, water, food, spare parts from earth. i dont think such a settlement would become independent by merely utilizing technologies we currently have.
    Maybe it would be a penal colony.

Anyway, i dont think this is possible in 2023. we were supposed to drive flying cars in 2010…  ;D
    but space expeditions certainly have future in private business sphere.

Considering there are too many prisoners, indeed they could use it as penal colonies.

One could use them either as prison systems, or for digging some sort of Mars ore, or as scientific facilities/villages for experimenting with life support for humans up there as we'll as human adaptation to space and other planets over years.

Anonymous
    Quote:
    One could use them either as prison systems, or for digging some sort of Mars ore, or as scientific facilities/villages for experimenting with life support for humans up there as we'll as human adaptation to space and other planets over years.

I read once that various metals made (forged) on mars would be many times stronger than those made on earth so i see wide economic possibilites. :)

Anonymous

Metal smelting on asteroids without gravitation is more interesting and easier imho.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Slavorum

10 User(s) Online Join Server
  • AphexTwin
  • Lucifer Morningstar
  • CivilixXXX
  • ca$hbunni
  • haver25
  • AcousticHLeon