• This topic has 9 voices and 29 replies.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 30 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #343514

    Anonymous

    Not sure if this topic exists here or not but I haven't seen it so I decided to open one. I wasn't sure if this should go in the lounge or here but Ill leave that up to the administration.

    Anyway any hunters on here??

    Here in my neck of the woods we have moose, bear, deer, wolves, and coyotes and bunch of other small game and birds. Archery, muzzleloader and rifle/crossbow are the seasons.

    Im particularly interested to here what game animals you have in Europe and seasons.

    I will try and get some photos posted up to.

    #386280

    Anonymous

    Do you like to be a hunter? There are such  nice animals! It would be sad if someone will hunt on them :(
    Please , don't kill the animals
    image it is pretty, isn't it?

    #386281

    Anonymous

    Plenty of game here too for hunters. Mostly deer and rabbits, but also lots of wild boars (they're practically overwhelming, causing trouble on roads)

    I have only a humble air gun, so I can't do much with it, but still it can kill rabbits (with a good headshot from smtn like 40 meters).
    But I don't go actively hunting.

    Would definitely love to own a crossbow.

    #386282

    Anonymous
    Quote:
    Do you like to be a hunter? There are such  nice animals! It would be sad if someone will hunt on them :(
    Please , don't kill the animals

    Yes I find this business very cruel if people have not purpose to get a food.

    #386283

    Anonymous
    Quote:
    Yes I find this business very cruel if people have not purpose to get a food.

    Yes and no it depends.

    Venison and moose meat is delicious tastes a lot better than beef and much healthier for you to low in fat, cholesteral etc… Black bear tastes ok- goulash made from it is actually pretty good can also make a roast, sausages etc… but goulash from one is by far the best IMO.

    Wolves and coyotes I don't eat them and I don't know of anyone that does. But coyotes are a pest here overpopulated and they wreak havoc with farmers and also with young deer bringing down the deer population. Wolves we only ever got one very difficult animal to hunt and yearly only get 2 tags per person, trappers have limitless though. But they kill moose which is a food animal and you gotta manage wolves in order to maintain a healthy moose population. 

    #386284

    Anonymous

    Well, I forgot about overpopulated animals, in my area they don't exist. I agree it's important reason to eliminate the dangerous predators. 

    #386285

    Anonymous
    Quote:
    Plenty of game here too for hunters. Mostly deer and rabbits, but also lots of wild boars (they're practically overwhelming, causing trouble on roads)

    I have only a humble air gun, so I can't do much with it, but still it can kill rabbits (with a good headshot from smtn like 40 meters).
    But I don't go actively hunting.

    Would definitely love to own a crossbow.

    Deer as in roe deer or srndac?? Theyre really small if Im not mistaken compared to whitetail at least which can get up to 100-150 kilos easy. Wild boar don't have to many here mostly to the south and even to the west of where im at.

    Rabbits not really a big fan of them too need a well trained dog and hours upon hours of walking around more so a fan of big game personally. But you could definately use a firearm upgrade LOL

    Crossbows yeah they're sweet and no permit to own one.

    #386286

    Anonymous

    I plan on getting myself a bow (modern ones) as this one:
    <img alt="image" src="http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/OTQ1WDk0NQ==/$(KGrHqRHJFcE-mNhuB9WBPyNVHDV(w~~60_12.JPG” />

    as for crossbows, you can get one over e-bay:

    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Monster-Pac-Press-Archery-Bow-Crossbow-Press-/380449655537?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item5894910af1#ht_910wt_1185

    #386287

    Anonymous

    I dont hunt but i have eaten vension with kruhovi cmoki several times. They are great but can easly be substituted with lamb or mutton.

    #386288

    Anonymous
    Quote:
    Yes and no it depends.

    Venison and moose meat is delicious tastes a lot better than beef and much healthier for you to low in fat, cholesteral etc… Black bear tastes ok- goulash made from it is actually pretty good can also make a roast, sausages etc… but goulash from one is by far the best IMO.

    Wolves and coyotes I don't eat them and I don't know of anyone that does. But coyotes are a pest here overpopulated and they wreak havoc with farmers and also with young deer bringing down the deer population. Wolves we only ever got one very difficult animal to hunt and yearly only get 2 tags per person, trappers have limitless though. But they kill moose which is a food animal and you gotta manage wolves in order to maintain a healthy moose population.

    I guess you live in USA or Canada becouse there are no black bears in Europe. Also i wonder what is you ethnicy since bear eating is not known to me elswere than Slovenia. Foreginers are quite shocked folks down here eat them. :)

    #386289

    Anonymous
    Quote:
    I dont hunt but i have eaten vension with kruhovi cmoki several times. They are great but can easly be substituted with lamb or mutton.

    I don't know what you mean by cmoki but here in Istra we have "njoki" which we eat with wild animal meat and sauce (mainly deers). It's delicious –

    image

    Quote:
    I guess you live in USA or Canada becouse there are no black bears in Europe.

    Nor are there coyotes.

    #386290

    Anonymous
    Quote:
    I don't know what you mean by cmoki but here in Istra we have "njoki" which we eat with wild animal meat and sauce (mainly deers). It's delicious –

    image

    Nor are there coyotes.

    A njoki we have them njoki too. Cmok is a different thing. There two kinds of cmoki (also called knedli), fruit cmoki or bread cmoki;

    Sadni cmoki;

    image

    Kruhovi cmoki;

    image

    #386291

    Anonymous
    Quote:
    I guess you live in USA or Canada becouse there are no black bears in Europe. Also i wonder what is you ethnicy since bear eating is not known to me elswere than Slovenia. Foreginers are quite shocked folks down here eat them. :)

    I know Serbs and Russians also eat bear's meat. Probably other Slavs to.

    #386292

    Anonymous
    Quote:
    I know Serbs and Russians alos eat bear's meat. Probably other Slavs to.

    Ah i see. :D

    #386293

    Anonymous
    Quote:
    Ah i see. :D

    Well it is highly ilegal now ;D

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 30 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Slavorum

11 User(s) Online Join Server
  • Lyutenitsa Retriever
  • AcousticHLeon
  • Oliver
  • AphexTwin
  • Tujev
  • Apollo3994