• This topic has 4 voices and 4 replies.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

I'm no professional but I do love working with genealogy on the side. If you need something, especially from ancestry.com please let me know. I'll do what I can to help.

If you were born in the US/UK and looking to trace roots, I can probably guide you in some decent directions.

Anonymous

What kind of info do you need to help me find where my ancestors are from?

Anonymous
    Quote:

You surname I guess. :)

This is what I found:

[li]FIALA was a Ukrainian name for someone who made and sold goblets. It was also a Czechoslovakian name derived from the word FIALKA (a violet – the flower). This may have given rise to the surname in various possible ways; as a nickname for a shy, delicate person; as a topographic name for someone who lived where violets grew, or in a town at a house which was distinguished with the sign of a bunch of violets. The name is also spelt FIALKA, FIALEK and FIJAKKOWSKI.[/li]

Anonymous
    Quote:

Well it depends on how far back you're trying to go exactly and what you know already. PM me.

Anonymous

Hi I'm new, and I recently found out that our family may have come from Galicia/Galych/Halych. There is a chance  that we're Ruthenian, yet our surname appears not to be of Slavic origin.
    My last name is: Detrojan
    First name: Alexander (As an side, all first born males in our family are always named Alexander)
    A friend of mine from Serbia says that my name sounds somewhat Serbian, and he thinks it may have been changed from Trojanovich, or Trojanovic.
    Also before my father died he had a large stroke, and then was only able to speak in Russian, which we didn't even know he could speak!
    Anyway, it is a big mystery to us, and I would greatly appreciate any thoughts or help you could provide.
    Thank you.
    Alex

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Slavorum

13 User(s) Online Join Server
  • haver25
  • Asafar ⵣⴰⴽⴰⵔⵉⴰ ⴰⵙⴰⴼⴰⵔ
  • Lucifer Morningstar
  • GOGA
  • kony97
  • Tujev