• This topic has 58 replies, 24 voices, and was last updated 2 years ago by  Anonymous.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 59 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

what would you do to make things right with your Slavic neighbor countries? would you change anything at all, some happenings, battles, political thoughts in country or anything?

Anonymous
    Quote:
    what would you do to make things right with your Slavic neighbor countries? would you change anything at all, some happenings, battles, political thoughts in country or anything?

not a thing- because we would all repeat the same damn things over and over again. Something that I noted mostly with serbs, but I argue this as a pan-slavic trait as well, that they lived in like anarcho like communes- they can never stay together, yet never apart, and can never be truely ruled, yet manage to to self regulate.

We are much more communal and less individualistic than western europeans, however- not organized. Organization and leading and ruling slavs- again something historically noted to not happen or be possible… you can point out pockets in history where one slavic nation ( which is relatively modern anyway) admiring, loooking up to and being influenced by other nation(s) but that is all.

Anonymous
    Quote:
    creating an international movement Panslavic concrete .

then everything will come naturally later

lol, how awesome that would be, but in that scenario I foresee them breaking up into even smaller countries after. I also find these posts about " the most slavic faces or countries" while a bit interesting- also disturbing at the same time. It's reminiscent of some nazi stuff and untermensch. You take these things to it's to the logical conclusions- and yeah. We have a lot to learn from history… that said…

I think what would also be beneficial for us slavs NOW, is to gain sources older than 300 years old before certain western academia confusing scripts- from brick and mortar institutions and real books- because a lot of what I found on the internet and from school 10-15 years ago, and even things I learned from my family, no longer appears on search engines! and information is misinterpreted and diluted. I find a lot of people here arguing about slavic history that I know to be much different from what I learned, and it's a shame. I actually don't even jump in to correct things because It would be hard to back up with internet sources (or lack thereof) for one, and for two often people are not open to it and are basing what they think of slavic history off of … well fantasy.

Anonymous

I honestly blame google and wikipedia 😡

Anonymous

Would have stopped the Ottomans at the Battle of Maritsa.

Anonymous

Would have stopped the 4th crusade from looting Constantinople.  That might have stopped the Turks in 1453 and saved the  Balkans from occupation

Anonymous

Would have stopped the Ottomans at the Battle of Maritsa.

amen to that!

Anonymous
    Quote:
    I also find these posts about " the most slavic faces or countries" while a bit interesting- also disturbing at the same time. It's reminiscent of some nazi stuff and untermensch.

Well I think both nazi and feminazi stuff are equally disturbing.

Just sayin'…

Anonymous
    Quote:
    I also find these posts about " the most slavic faces or countries" while a bit interesting- also disturbing at the same time. It's reminiscent of some nazi stuff and untermensch. You take these things to it's to the logical conclusions- and yeah. We have a lot to learn from history… that said…

IMHO this is the result of multiculturalism and globalisation imposed upon Europeans. Europeans don’t like seeing their countries changing rapidly. The societies are overwhelmed with the influx of foreigners and we are seeing negative sentiments among people with far right parties gaining a lot of support. The societies of European countries are not anything like the society of the new world.

I think what would also be beneficial for us slavs NOW, is to gain sources older than 300 years old before certain western academia confusing scripts- from brick and mortar institutions and real books- because a lot of what I found on the internet and from school 10-15 years ago, and even things I learned from my family, no longer appears on search engines! and information is misinterpreted and diluted. I find a lot of people here arguing about slavic history that I know to be much different from what I learned, and it's a shame. I actually don't even jump in to correct things because It would be hard to back up with internet sources (or lack thereof) for one, and for two often people are not open to it and are basing what they think of slavic history off of … well fantasy.

Old Slavic manuscripts and any  accounts of Slavs written by Greeks, Persians, Romans or Arabs from 1,000-1,200 years ago is already on the Internet. Authority books which could only have been obtained through the libraries in the past are now put on the Internet. Any archeological artifacts found would be photographed and put on the Internet. It’s not always in English, however, but it’s available to general public. 

About the foreign literature. I found many foreign sources published in English on Slavic history and general Slavic studies inaccurate. The literature published in the West is often the direct translation of works published in Eastern Europe and some of these translations are also inaccurate. There are books and articles written for western readers with primary sources obtained from east European literature. There is a small number of known historians migrated to the west publishing quality books on the subject.
    I should also mention there is also a new generation of historians in Eastern Europe presenting their new ideas or should I write fantasies to the readers trying to make some money. Neither western sources nor the sources written by pseudo-historians are adding anything valuable to the body of knowledge.
    I looked through Slavonic studies journal published in America once. The information in the journal is one sided. The articles are written for American audience with information already known by many people in Eastern Europe. Also, there are few editors and authors in the the journal who have Slavic surnames, I don’t have anything against it but what are the credentials of these people? The western audience does not have the genuine interest to the extent Slavs do and that’s why most and important works are published in Eastern Europe for local audiences.
    Archeological artifacts, archives, museums, the cities, the people themselves are living in Eastern Europe. I decided a long time ago to read primary sources only. There are excellent examples from Russia and Poland with historians cooperating and sharing their knowledge on the subject.

Anonymous
    Quote:
    IMHO this is the result of multiculturalism and globalisation imposed upon Europeans. Europeans don’t like seeing their countries changing rapidly. The societies are overwhelmed with the influx of foreigners and we are seeing negative sentiments among people with far right parties gaining a lot of support. The societies of European countries are not anything like the society of the new world.

what does this has to do with "I'm more blond and straight nosed and more slavic than you" or " this is more slavic because of this feature" have to do with multiculturalism – which is ironically a misnomer in the term of the word…as europe was always "multiculturual"

I agree that these problems will push more people to the right… a lot of the "whiteness theories" taht was pumped out of left wing academics in the 80s int eh us and UK- and being that perpetuated to forgeiners feeling entitled to this claim- who have no ancestry in slavery as immigrants in europe ( unlike blacks for example in america) and the fact the they are taking advantage of the history and misfortunes of african americans that don't belong to them ( many look down on african americans too)… is ridiculous and the left turns a blind eye to the obvious… but really, I don't see that having anything to do with this "im more slavic than you" crud.

Anonymous
    Quote:
    what does this has to do with "I'm more blond and straight nosed and more slavic than you" or " this is more slavic because of this feature" have to do with multiculturalism – which is ironically a misnomer in the term of the word…as europe was always "multiculturual"

On the face of it may look that it does not have to do with anything. However, the reason why people are looking at their appearances or their religion as it often was the case in the past, is differntiating themselves from the others is because they want to preserve their cultural identity and the heritage. The same people would also argue with ethnical groups or people belonging to different religion. 

Multicultural Europe? I would say many European countries had homogeneous societies until recently. If there were contacts between European nations in the past they would often end up bloody.

Anonymous

I'd somehow manage to make Slovenia that big and stay so big.

Anonymous
    Quote:
    Well, I suppose it would be rather strange for Slavs to adopt, say, black nationalism.
    Blacks deserve respect at least because they protected us in WWII!!! (c) (A real comment from some forum)
    Yes, desire to protect Slavs from intruders. Before they were Germans, now Africans and Asians.

did I say or talk about slavic nationalism? I mean, I already even mentioned supprtive of nationalism. (of one's own actual nations)

Who is talking about blacks either? again, bringing up things I don't say.

Anonymous

Mohammed -> stillbirth.

Anonymous
    Quote:
    Them being white like us doesn't stop them from demonising Slavs, and attacking various Slavic nations.

Putin's being a Russian doesn't prevent him from treating Russians as slaves and destroying Russia itself. It's not the problem of the whole nation but rather its political elites. I really doubt that ordinary, say, Scandinavians have something against Slavs.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 59 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Slavorum

13 User(s) Online Join Server
  • haver25
  • Glockamole
  • jorgos
  • GOGA
  • кошка
  • kony97