Viewing 14 posts - 46 through 59 (of 59 total)
  • Author

Anonymous
    Quote:
    Lol 95% of cars in the USA have an automatic.  I don't know anyone with one. No places will even rent one here.

I think Slovaks find automatic one too much untrustable. You never know when something may fail. When you're the one who failed, then you can at least blame yourself ;)

Anonymous

I think that in Poland there're two or three reasons. First is that AFAIK the manual cars are cheaper, second is that there's common belief that automatic car uses much more fuel and the transmission is less effective than manual one. The third is that there is still quite common thinking "automatic transmission is for women and Americans, true Slavic mannish drivers should know how to use manual" (no offence meant).

By the way (:D, again no offence meant :D) :

Anonymous
    Quote:

Lol this made my day XD

Anonymous
    Quote:
    I think that in Poland there're two or three reasons. First is that AFAIK the manual cars are cheaper, second is that there's common belief that automatic car uses much more fuel and the transmission is less effective than manual one. The third is that there is still quite common thinking "automatic transmission is for women and Americans, true Slavic mannish drivers should know how to use manual" (no offence meant).

By the way (:D, again no offence meant :D) :

Guess I'm renting a stick shift and learning on it there.  Most cars here don't even offer a stick anymore .  My Subaru has an auto that u can shift but uses no clutch its all computerized

Anonymous

i'd give kievan rus' a detalied chart of how to make an AK-47

Anonymous

I think if we changed anything in histor we would probably prevent our births, since you are practicly related to everyone in your nation.

Anonymous
    Quote:
    I think if we changed anything in histor we would probably prevent our births, since you are practicly related to everyone in your nation.

I think that's a question for large scale debate. If we change past whether we'll make another alternative future or are we going to reshape only possible future where we are born :D

Anonymous

it would have to be alternative future, becouse if I change history and don't get born,  then there's no one to change it when the time comes to do so (to travel back in time and change history) and history doesn't get changed.
    I hope you could understand what I'm trying to say.

Anonymous
    Quote:
    it would have to be alternative future, becouse if I change history and don't get born,  then there's no one to change it when the time comes to do so (to travel back in time and change history) and history doesn't get changed.

It's a paradox as by your theory you still weren't born in the end – if I got it the right way?  :)

Anonymous

yes

Anonymous
    Quote:
    yes

A black hole would be created.  ;) ;D

Anonymous
    Quote:

Not necessarily. You don't know which events chains other events. Maybe the event you change doesn't change the event of your birth, or perhaps it does effect some details. For example, if the Lincoln wasn't president that might not change your birth, but for example if WW1 never happened that might you could have been Austro-Hungarian citizen for example or perhaps you wouldn't be born ;D

Anonymous
    Quote:
    Not necessarily. You don't know which events chains other events. Maybe the event you change doesn't change the event of your birth, or perhaps it does effect some details. For example, if the Lincoln wasn't president that might not change your birth, but for example if WW1 never happened that might you could have been Austro-Hungarian citizen for example or perhaps you wouldn't be born ;D

yes, that is true.
    but who would change events that doesn't influance themselves. If Lincoln wasn't a president, it wouldn't effect my birth, but I wouldn't change that since I'm not Amercian or black slave or some Southern Red-neck (no-offence to anyone). But if WW1 never happened I probably wouldn't be born, becose there would be no Kingdom of Yugoslavia and later SFRJ, so my mother's family wouldn't come from Bosnia to Serbia and my mother wouldn't meet my father.

Anonymous

I would make a bigger resistance to the introduction of Christianity and of course, Ottoman advance. Without those two, Slavs would have played a bigger part in the world history.

Viewing 14 posts - 46 through 59 (of 59 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Slavorum

2 User(s) Online Join Server
  • AphexTwin
  • Tujev