Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 76 total)
  • Author
    Boris V.
    Boris V.
    Participant
    @dedushka

WELCOME to the new forum people! 🙂

NEW FORUM:

New forum, can be accessed on https://www.slavorum.org/community/ url. We are doing a fresh start, no point in transferring all topics and replies from the old one. As for the layout there will be more changes, it’ll look just as good as this one only it will be better.

OLD FORUM:
    Old forum can still be accessed on https://www.slavorum.org/forum/ url. Old topics and replies will be saved and left as they are on their URL’s – permanently. All threads will be saved and left as they are on same url. Just old forum will be closed/locked for new posts or registrations etc.

YOUR FAVORITE THREADS:

I recommend you re-open your favorite threads on the new forum and just continue them there.

YOUR HARD EARNED REWARDS AND BADGES:

I will manually add you rewards badges, for all of you old members so you are not doing a fresh start but in fact you’ll start with your badges and all. Just message me on the new forum and i’ll set it up as soon as i can.

IMPROVEMENTS OF NEW FORUM OVER THE OLD ONE:

1) You get Badge rewards for comments, views, logins, votes and bazzilion other things…
    2) Ranks, with chance to get to moderator position thanks to the points and badges above.
    3) Unified profile, you can now comment on articles with your profile, start new forum topics or even write articles for the front page (if they get approved).
    4) Chance to add people as friends, update your profile pic, update your profile cover pic, message your friends.

In addition:

1) We’re working on forum design, will get better
    2) We improved our servers, it’s all going to be even faster than now.
    3) We’ll be pushing an smartphone app (iOS and Android) for Slavorum, you’ll need the other main profile account for that

Benefits:

– Fully Integrated website user interface, use whole website with one account.
    – You can publish articles on front page with one single forum account.
    – Social networking (Fully developed profiles, adding friends, messages, getting badges, groups)

P.S. – all is still in development, it will get better. Feel free to leave comments and opinions here. Please be patient, it’s not a big deal and it will be good with time. If this stresses you too much i am very sorry. 🙁

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

TROUBLESHOOTING:

Common problems that might occur as some members have noted.

1) If by mistake Importer created two accounts for you, it might make an error, in that case please contact me over the mail with details (mail written below).

2) When you log in on the front page or new forum after the login it might not look as if you’re logged in. This is because of your browsers cache, when you log in and this happens just click “refresh” or CTRL+F5 🙂

3) You might not open the front page like Gaius? It could be do to your SSL firewall or anti-virus over-sensitivity, check the button next to the url and allow to visit the website.

3) There might be some other unknown mistakes, errors as anywhere else so in case you can’t log-in send mail: [email protected]

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

TUTORIAL ABOUT NEW FORUM:

Front page – it is a list of latest topics from all categories.

Forum categories – You can enter them in the sidebar:
    https://www.slavorum.org/forum/uploads/editor/xm/z3jzf6cqg271.png

Your new profiles:
    new forum

How to start a forum topic
    1) Navigate to a category in which you’d like to start a topic.
    2) When you enter the category you will see this:
    new forum

If you have more questions ask up, also this is a thread where you can ask for options so when i do some forum developing i could remember to include them 🙂

REPORT ALL BUGS YOU HAVE IN THIS THREAD, WITH POSSIBLE SCREENSHOTS 🙂

Kapitán Denis
    Participant
    @kapitan-denis

Where are those reactions like LOL, WTF, Insightful and Awesome?

Boris V.
    Boris V.
    Participant
    @dedushka

@”Kapitán Denis” they will be back, and much more 🙂

Srdceleva
    Participant
    @srdceleva

How long will the old forum still be around?

Boris V.
    Boris V.
    Participant
    @dedushka

@srdceleva not for too long, i’d suggest people start getting over here and starting their favorite topics here. Basically we’re just letting people adjust a bit while i do necessary fixes and tweaks and then we put the key into the old one 🙂

NikeBG
    Participant
    @nikebg

I think the question was more along the lines of “How long will the forum (and its threads) be online, available for viewing?”. Otherwise, the old one’s already locked now.

Boris V.
    Boris V.
    Participant
    @dedushka

@NikeBG i think i’ll let it be online permanently, people wrote there for a reason so no way we would destroy that. It will just be locked and we’ll continue everything over here 🙂

NikeBG
    Participant
    @nikebg

Ah, that sounds great!
    Just a few weeks ago I was reminded of the first forums I had been a part of some 15 years ago, with some of the friendships created there lasting to this day, unlike several of those forums themselves, which are now gone without a trace (except for a book-sized forum story we wrote back then and which I recently re-discovered saved on my computer)… Anyway, the point is, it sucks to lose information, so it really is great we won’t have to do so here! 🙂

Vanya
    Participant
    @gaiuscoriolanus

Knock, knock!

I managed to appear here, but by different methods than proposed on the old forum. Hopefully it will not be temporary.

But I can’t log in to the old forum and inform about this. For some reason my password suddenly stopped working (I got logged out without me logging out).

Boris V.
    Boris V.
    Participant
    @dedushka

@GaiusCoriolanus glad you made it man! 🙂 Yeah old forum got locked up, we’ll continue to discuss and talk over here 🙂 feel free to share your method how you solved it!

Vanya
    Participant
    @gaiuscoriolanus

The method is far from perfect. Right now forum looks like this while writing:

No Title

No Description

I barely see the forum. Instead of emojis and other icons I have squares.

The antivirus was definitely not the source of my problem. But I still couldn’t enable this green icon before the website. So I had to use some proxy link before and then add the link to the forum. It works but barely.

Kapitán Denis
    Participant
    @kapitan-denis

@GaiusCoriolanus Is your system date and time in BIOS set right? I’ve had a problem with SSL certificates before and I found out this was the problem.

@perun What is the “tags” field down here good for? Also, what happens if I click on the “Reply” button next to a post? Does it notify the author of that post that someone replied to him or what’s the functionality behind it? I noticed it adds a variable called “bbp_reply_to” to the GET request data.

Vanya
    Participant
    @gaiuscoriolanus

Yes, my date is fine. The problem exists for about a year, I would surely notice something being not right with date and time. 😉

Boris V.
    Boris V.
    Participant
    @dedushka

@Vanya If you are getting an SSL certificate error, “unable to establish a secure connection” error, or “cannot connect to the real site” error for some HTTPS websites only, and you’re running Windows XP, and you get the problems on Chrome and IE browser, then you most likely don’t have XP Service Pack 3.

If the website uses SHA-256 SSL certificates, this wasn’t supported in XP until SP3. See http://support.microsoft.com/kb/322389

You will need to install SP3 to access these websites from Chrome and IE browser on WinXP.

The reason it works in Firefox is because Firefox has its own certificate verification library, but Chrome and IE use Windows for certificate verification.
    So SHA-256 certificates will work in Firefox on any version of XP, but IE and Chrome will need XP SP3. The only way for Chrome on XP is upgrade to SP3.

If you are on a Windows XP computer, please make sure that you have updated your Windows root certificate, by following these steps (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/931125). After you have updated, check if the issue still occurs.

If you already have WinXP Service Pack 3 installed, you may also need to download and install the most recent Root Certificates update from Microsoft:

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=42092

For “chrome” Follow these steps here (http://code.google.com/p/chromium/issues/detail?id=114709#c1) to get more details about the certificate information.

Srdceleva
    Participant
    @srdceleva

any time frame when the app will be done for android? Im very active on my phone, Im pumped about the new app 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 76 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Slavorum

5 User(s) Online Join Server
  • Petko (the pet store)
  • Shnickstara89
  • ☭Lil Commie☭
  • Drizzt
  • LCaine