• This topic has 4 voices and 4 replies.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

Interactive Map of Heavy Metal Bands by Country per Capita

Where are heavy metal bands the most dense when compared against a country’s total population?  The original static map (click on link above to view map) was created by Reddit user depo_s who took the listing of bands by country from the Encyclopaedia Metallum and calculated the number of bands per 100,000 people using numbers from the CIA World Factbook.

The nordic areas seem to rule in terms of the highest proportion of heavy metal bands to residents.  Finland leads the list of countries by far with 53.2 heavy metal bands per 100,000 residents.  Sweden is the second most dense country with 37.14 metal bands per 100,000 residents.  Interestingly, the Encyclopaedia Metallum lists Svalbard, an archipelago that makes up the northern part of Norway as its own country.  With only one band but also only 1,970 residents, it ranks as the second densest listing.  With the fourth place ranking, Liechtenstein with 27.24 bands per 100,000 residents was the only non nordic placement in the top five list.  Finally, Norway, was listed as the fifth densest with 26.99 bands per 100,000.  Adjusting for Svalbard didn’t have much impact on that proportion.

The second page of the article shows a table of the metal bands per 100,000 people, number of bands, and total population by country for each country with data about heavy metal bands.

In honor of Finland taking #1, Omnium Gathering…
    Omnium Gatherum – New World Shadows (video & lyrics)

Anonymous

I don't know how many metal bands we have in SLO since i am not really metalhead altho i actually do lisen to some metal. :D But i'd say metalheads are quite normal sight in SLO. Thow tbh metalheads in SLO often really don't dress in any distinguishable way. Except maybe hair style but even that depends. The map for Eurpean countries kinda looks right imo. :)

Anonymous
    Quote:
    I don't know how many metal bands we have in SLO since i am not really metalhead altho i actually do lisen to some metal. :D But i'd say metalheads are quite normal sight in SLO. Thow tbh metalheads in SLO often really don't dress in any distinguishable way. Except maybe hair style but even that depends. The map for Eurpean countries kinda looks right imo. :)

I'm not a metal head, either.  ;D But, I came across this researching something else and thought some here might find it interesting. A Finnish dude on a random metal head board recommended the video I posted, as I know of none.  :P

Anonymous

I thought Sweden would be on the top of the list. But… there are metal bands in Saudi Arabia? :D Damn, need to hear metal song in Arabic language :p

Anonymous

Well, most scandinavian metal is not really metal imo.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Slavorum

5 User(s) Online Join Server
  • Glockamole
  • TypowaPolskaKobieta
  • kony97
  • haver25
  • Tujev