• This topic has 8 voices and 17 replies.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

Anonymous

Was Russian language taught as a required subject before 1989?

Anonymous

But why? Are there many Gazprom representative offices? ;D

Anonymous

mie dolzhnie uchim ruski yaziek, I think this is great! All slavs should learn Russian as our second language!

Anonymous

I'm trying to learn Russian.  No one to practice it that I'm friends with.  But i would think it would make sense for it to be the common second language of eastern Europe

Anonymous
    Quote:

Yes, it was and that's why many older people don't like it. But the time has changed.

Quote:
    But why? Are there many Gazprom representative offices? ;D

People choose Russian because of two main reasons – Russian culture and higher chance for better carrier. This year a lot of students at high schools chose Russian for their school-leaving examination which makes it the third most sought language after English and German.

I'm planning to learn Russian again.  :)

Anonymous

Spasibo!  Dakujem vam?

Anonymous
    Quote:

As far as I know the language was compulsory in Czechoslovakia and Poland but from what I was told many students did not take the lessons seriously. It was similar situation in schools of former republics where local languages were compulsory subjects in schools but students did not want to learn them.

Many Poles of older generation are fluent in Russian or can understand it well. Barbara Brylska and Edyta Piecha ( signers). Jerzy Hoffman (the director of 'Ogniem i mieczem' movie) and  Michał Żebrowski (actor).

Jaroslav Hašek was Czech knew Russian well but that was a long time ago.

Anonymous
    Quote:
    mie dolzhnie uchim ruski yaziek, I think this is great! All slavs should learn Russian as our second language!

Если все славяне должны учить русский, почему ты не выучил его?
    Correct sentence would be:
    Мы должны учить русский язык. (transliteration: My dolzhny uchit' russkiy yazyk).

Anonymous
    Quote:
    As far as I know the language was compulsory in Czechoslovakia and Poland but from what I was told many students did not take the lessons seriously. It was similar situation in schools of former republics where local languages were compulsory subjects in schools but students did not want to learn them.

I don't know who said this to you, but everyone needed to take it seriously because if they didn't pass Russian as a normal, though obligatory subject, they couldn't continue in the next class. It was the same with any other subject. Nowadays English is obligatory at Slovakia's elementary schools. I don't see any difference. As for me, I hated English at high school, I liked German more.

Anonymous

Well, I'm glad to see that Russian language still has popularity in Slavic countries, I'll be even more happy if this skill will be usefull for language speakers. However, we don't want to insult sacred feelings of some members this site ;D Nobody is obligated to learn our language, just you're welcome :)

Anonymous
    Quote:
    I don't know who said this to you, but everyone needed to take it seriously because if they didn't pass Russian as a normal, though obligatory subject, they couldn't continue in the next class. It was the same with any other subject. Nowadays English is obligatory at Slovakia's elementary schools. I don't see any difference. As for me, I hated English at high school, I liked German more.

My acquaintance  from Warsaw told me this and he speaks Russian well. I guess it could depend on a particular school.

Anonymous
    Quote:
    My Polish friend from Warsaw told me this and he speaks Russian well. I guess it could depend on a school.

I see. I'm not acquainted with the situation in Poland, a lot of things were different here and there back to the time.

Anonymous
    Quote:
    I see. I'm not acquainted with the situation in Poland, a lot of things were different here and there back to the time.

Things are not the same in different schools, let alone in different countries.
    Maybe he exaggerated  for one reason or the other. I don’t know. Prelja may have something to say how it was in Poland. If in Slovakia people learned the language properly, then we should have many older generation Slovaks speaking or understanding Russian well. :)

Anonymous
    Quote:
    Things are not the same in different schools, let alone in different countries.
    Maybe he exaggerated  for one reason or the other. I don’t know. Prelja may have something to say how it was in Poland. If in Slovakia people learned the language properly, then we should have many older generation Slovaks speaking or understanding Russian well. :)

Konechno. The other thing is that people forget any language with time not practicing it. But as far as I know, those who learned it once, are still able to read, say and understand common words and phrases.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Slavorum

7 User(s) Online Join Server
  • ca$hbunni
  • slovborg
  • kony97
  • Lucifer Morningstar
  • Tujev
  • Oliver (TW BLOCK)