• This topic has 14 voices and 42 replies.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 43 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

When I hear people who are speaking east, or south-slavic languages, it sounds very beautiful to me. [especially I adore sound of serbo-croatian :)]. But when I hear west slavic language -Czech, I don't have such impression.

So I have a question to other Slavs- what do You think about sound of polish language? ;)

And if You don't have this information in your profile- write, which group of sl.lang. [west, east,south] is your native, please.

Anonymous
    Quote:
    When I hear people who are speaking east, or south-slavic languages, it sounds very beautiful to me. [especially I adore sound of serbo-croatian :)]. But when I hear west slavic language -Czech, I don't have such impression.

So I have a question to other Slavs- what do You think about sound of polish language? ;)

And if You don't have this information in your profile- write, which group of sl.lang. [west, east,south] is your native, please.

"Pšek" is the term eastern Slavs have for Poles which comes from the fact we hear a lot of «pš…» in Polish speech. The term maybe considered pejorative by some, but it's not that bad.

South Slavic and Czech often have missing vowels in recognisable words. A word with 4-5 consonant in a row doesn’t sound good.  So, east Slavic languages are most pleasant I'd say. Among east Slavic languages probably the Belarusian has pleasant sound. Although, some say it's Ukrainian.

Anonymous

It kinda sounds like they're speaking with their mouths almost closed and trying to force words through their teeth. It also sometimes sounds like they speak in bursts of a few words at a time. Still pleasant as any other Slavic language though.

Anonymous

They sound as if their lips got stuck to their teeth while speaking.All in all Polish language sounds slightly weird to me,but it's still a cool language.

Anonymous
    Quote:

Other than English , I speak Croatian.  So from my perspective Polish sounds nice but I agree with Svevlad. It sounds like people are speaking ( Insert Slavic Language) with their mouths full. And Polish sound like they talk really fast. Croatian , at least from my area, is much slower and easy on the sounds. I would like to hear a song or a speech that's in slower spoken Polish :D.

Anonymous
    Quote:
    "Pšek" is the term eastern Slavs have for Poles which comes from the fact we hear a lot of «pš…» in Polish speech. The term maybe considered pejorative by some, but it's not that bad.

Yes, I've heard about it.

My history teacher once said, that she was talking about polish language with her friend (I don't remember from which Slavic country), and this friend said "it's strange, that as such beautiful thing as >>moon<< has such ugly, wheezing name in polish (>>księżyc<<) 😡

Xekoslav hmmm… I think it depends of personal habits of each polish-speaking person. There are some slowly-speaking, and some faster-speaking :-P but maybe You should listen some polish blues-bands, there singers are singing in laid-back style… :-)

Anonymous

For those who are not familiar with the sound of Polish language I give a great song. It is about Sergey Yesenin, Russian poet.

Epitafium dla Sergiusza Jesienina – Przemysław Gintrowski

Anonymous
    Quote:
    Yes, I've heard about it.

My history teacher once said, that she was talking about polish language with her friend (I don't remember from which Slavic country), and this friend said "it's strange, that as such beautiful thing as >>moon<< has such ugly, wheezing name in polish (>>księżyc<<) 😡

Xekoslav hmmm… I think it depends of personal habits of each polish-speaking person. There are some slowly-speaking, and some faster-speaking :-P but maybe You should listen some polish blues-bands, there singers are singing in laid-back style… :-)

Link some recommendations :D

Anonymous

I've tried to find some songs with possibly slowly flowing lyrics. Here you are:
    Harlem – Piąta trzydzieści
    Turbo – Lęk
    or maybe…
    Leśne Licho – Pani Jeziora

or..
    Closterkeller – Matka [Aurum – 2009] 
    Closterkeller – Zaklęta w marmur

What do you think about? Not about songs (they were chosen not for their esthetic values, but only lyrics) but language :-P Is it "edible"? :D

Anonymous

Mokosz,  I love it.  I like the classic rock ( ballad – rock genre) and though I don't understand all the words it sounds like Croatian music :D.  Some of these songs sound epic.  Thanks for the links.

Anonymous

To me Polish sounds very specific compared to other Slavic tounges. So far i have never mistaken Polish with other Slavic language tbh altho i don't have any contacts with it. Nice or not, now thats very subjective and depends on from which point you mean. To me it sounds nice. I'd agree with east slavs bout term Pšek. Its that "pš'čzš'pščšcz" very caratheristic for Polish imo. :D

Anonymous

I like "Pani Jeziora" but in case of music of course, not language which is natural for me. Speaking about Turbo I like "Dorosłe Dzieci" – great song, with amazing lyrics.

Turbo – Dorosłe dzieci

Anonymous

Thanks for all opinion, anyone else? :)

Dorosłe dzieci to absolutna klasyka, ale tak już mi się osłuchała, że nie mogę patrzeć nawet na ten tytuł… :D

Here I post some other examples, if someone needs more to rate the language..  :)
    9. Dżem i Tadeusz Nalepa – Hołd Album Numero Uno 1988r..wmv

More dynamic song, but lyrics are still clear…
    Oni zaraz przyjdą tu – Tadeusz Nalepa

Have a nice day ;)

Anonymous

I rate Polish high. It goes good with my own language. 

Evidence :

Goran Karan i Jacek Silski – Pokochaj mnie (Ostani) █▬█ █ ▀█▀

Anonymous

I must admit that  sometimes Polish sounds strange and unlike other Slavic languages ​​less understandable, but nevertheless it is a Slavic language and  I like it.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 43 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Slavorum

9 User(s) Online Join Server
  • jorgos
  • Tujev
  • Fia
  • Oliver (TW BLOCK)
  • Jyxia
  • slovborg