• This topic has 38 voices and 109 replies.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 111 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

Do you believe is there a God? If there is something do you think it is an conscious being or just an natural phenomenon?

Anonymous

So, at first I think it's a question we can answer uncertain. Why? Because we can not know if there is a God or Gods for sure. There is no science that can tell us something about our religions. But for sure, European religions have many similarities. Why? I don't know. I think there is no God, but Gods. These Gods are all one with nature and their manifestations in the fact we can find it, or we can supposed that there are. I believe in paganism, and I say, there is no one God but Gods, in fact, Polytheism is a European belief.

Anonymous

An old man once gave me a theory of existance, " God created the world, god created man, god punished man by giving him mortal existance. In retaliation, man destroys god and his own existance."

Anonymous

I believe there is a God.  Not for the usual reasons.  I look at energy as  something that changes form but never ceases to exist.  Why would the energy in life be any different?  It isn't.  It always exists, the human body ceases to exist, but the core energy or what Christians call the Soul is eternal. 

As to multiple Gods I don't see it.  Power is a zeroe sum game.  You either have it or you don't.  If there was a God he would be Supreme, because he would not be God if he was less.  Less, not having the power or being the same as others makes you a being.  If you are a being or less than another you are not God, because if you were, then everybody else who is less could claim that he is God too, just under you.  My definition of God does not allow for inferiority or equality with other beings if he is God.  Anything claiming to be God, but having equals would probably be by definition a Meglamaniac.

Anonymous

I don't know is there is God or something similar to him, but surely there are some kinds of existence, some forces like ghosts – that's thing which connect maybe most beliefs, even most primitive ones. There are to much arguments and signs to ignore it. I think that the biggest disadvantage of Church/Christianity is isolation faithfuls from  direct connection with these "forces" and making faith collective – that weakens people's faith, separates from something important and give chance to manipulate. I would like to go one day to Belarus, there are places where people still practice Dziady, I want to know how people there think about that? How is with their faith?

Anonymous

Szczun it dosent matter if one is Christian, Atheist, Agnostic, Pagan or anything else, they are all equaly proned to manipulation. Instead in the name of Religion, rulers nowdays invade innocent countries in the name of Democracy, Freedom and in the name of war against Terrorism.

The advantage of war in the name of Democracy and Freedom is that you can convince all groups of people alike. If you would nowdays say lets fight in the name of Christianity only few would follow you, but if you would say lets fight in the name of Democracy and Freedom, you will get half the country on your feet.

People in the West are manipulated to belive that Muslims are enemy of Western Democracy, yet it was West who screwed up Middle East in the first place.

Anonymous
    Quote:
    People in the West are manipulated to belive that Muslims are enemy of Western Democracy, yet it was West who screwed up Middle East in the first place.

Yeah, the Brits drew all the current borders there AND granted the Zionists a base of operations there via the Balfour Declaration. In a sense, I am kind of happy that the Turks (both secular and religious) are entertaining the idea of Neo-Ottomanism, so long that it does not spread into Europe, but rather just cleans up the clusterf**k south of Anatolia. Slavic Europe, in particular the Southern Slavs would be key to this. A friendship and a good level of cooperation with the Turks would be good and would lessen dependents on the West, too.

Anonymous

There is some sort of greater force IMO, so in some way it is some form of "God" (greater than myself).
    But I choose not to name it as such.

Anonymous

I went to Grenada, Panama, Liberation of Kuwaite (1st Iraq), 2nd Iraq, and Afganistan, I always said the same prayer:

Christ Protect me,
    a miserable sinner,
    deserving of nothing,
    but trusting in your Grace and Love,
    and definetly yours.

Works great not even wounded, despite several close calls, always felt very confident.

I can honestly say that the red parts of the new testament (words of Christ) made me a better person, less prone to violence, more humble, better able to forgive, able to think clearly during danger, a better Son, Brother and Man.

Christ never failed me, no matter how much stupid, dangerous garbage I got myself into.

Anonymous

Yeah, the Brits drew all the current borders there AND granted the Zionists a base of operations there via the Balfour Declaration.

Sad but true.

Anyway i personaly belive there is God. However God is very broad deffinition , so it also depends on how do you imagine god.

Anonymous

My oh my, this is a very loaded question. Must be extra careful not to rub somebody the wrong way  ;) To me it's not the question is there an external entity which is in charge, but who and what am I, and how do I relate to everything I perceive and beyond. Two spiritual/religious traditions appeal to me and couple others are interesting. Gnostic Christianity was the first religious/spiritual thing that influenced me ( not surprising since I was born and raised a Catholic ). But deep down inside I felt there was something missing, not enough clarity and "God works in mysterious ways" stuff, which did not jive with me very well. Then I discovered Buddhism, and especially Theravada tradition ( the original version of Buddhism ), and it clicked the first time I read Buddhist Sutras. In Buddhism nothing is left to faith, it's watching reality as an impartial observer without interference or alteration in any way. There are other spiritual view points like Tao that have some appeal to me. In conclusion I'm spiritual no doubt but not religious. There is more to reality than what ordinary sensory perception can perceive. I wish there was non-existence after death, but I don't think we are that lucky  ;D

Anonymous

lonewolf belief in God dosent neccessarly mean you are religious per se. If someone just beliefs in higher power like God and has no defined explanation about God and so forth, that means he isnt religious.

Religion is an ORGANISED BELIEF SYSTEM where everything is defined. So that means Buddhists are religious. Sure they dont have God, however they have very defined and organised belief system such as for example reincarnation etc. I also dissagre that Buddhism isnt left to faith. Buddhism requries alot of faith in its teachings. Infact everything man dose and beliefs in, is subjected to his faith.

Anonymous

I believe in a Higher Power. It hard to define, but that is what makes it fascinating.

Anonymous

@Povhec  I don't know what your level of knowledge about Buddhism is so I can't approach it from that point of view. I agree that there are Buddhists who use faith and have religious rituals etc. That's a fact. That's similar to other organized religion. But that occurs on a beginners level. When you really get to the gist of it, you can't use faith, it's more like a determination to see it through. As you continue to practice ( meditate ) you will see your mind transform. You will no longer rely on thinking process to understand reality, you will use mindfulness. Mindfulness is non judgmental non invasive quality of the mind that does not interfere but observes other components of the mind with impartiality. You no longer see the world the way you saw it before, it transforms your mind. There is no good way to describe it, one has to experience it. Intellectual analysis will not help to understand it, the whole process is way beyond thinking process. I agree with you that what you said applies to the those who do not advance beyond the initial stage of practice ( meditation ) but not to the ones who persist beyond it. About Buddhism being religion, well it is in the ultimate kinda way, as much as it is psychology, philosophy etc. Most often they call it "Religion of wisdom". So I don't disagree with you, when looking at it from certain view point.

Anonymous

Yes i understand what you want to say. Some also say that Buddhism is is form of philosophy. My knowlage of buddhism is mostly history. But i am aware of core ideas in buddhism.

In general buddhism didnt catch on me much. However i like some of its aspects. The realy interisting "incidence" of mine was when i first read about buddhist middle way.
    It was fascinating becouse i came to same conclusions as Buddha did, three years before i knew anything about buddhism at all. Back then i tought to myself wow this is amazing. After that "incidence" i tried to meditate but i figured out it wasnt my thing. I am stll more proned to Christian values but i think buddhist middle way should be "used" by all mankind.

Buddhism is clasiffied as religion becouse majority of buddhist belong to certain organised branch of buddhism. These branches have well defined values and beliefs. Most famous example is Tibetan Buddhism. They have their own Lama and their own Tibetan canons. Other buddhists have their own canons such as Pali Canon etc.

They dont have any concept of higher power. But it must be agreed that they have some kind of belief in things like evil and good, karma etc. Generaly they also "worship" in temples for goodnes in life and to be inspired by teachings of Buddha. Some of them (not all) worship certain deities or even Buddha. But it all depends from shool to school.

The main braches can be classifed as religious becouse they have organised institutions and defined belief system.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 111 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.