• This topic has 18 voices and 56 replies.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 57 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

I've always been very interested in religion in general. I can't say I'm a true Christian though. I would like to be, but even as a child "accepting Jesus" felt like an empty gesture. I felt like I didn't experience what I was meant to. I can only say that I'm "agnostic," with a tendency toward Christianity (Mainly because that's how I was raised. Protestant and Catholic private schools.)

My ancestors identified as "Bohemian," but due to my great-grandmother's dark features (and my grandfather's and father's features) I believe my ancestors had emigrated from the Balkan Slavic peoples.

I've recently experienced an "identity crisis" of sorts. Lately, my main problem has been: WHY IS MY FAMILY'S GOD, THE GOD OF THE J*WS?! (I'm not racist/bigoted. I think J*wish women are some of the most attractive I've seen!) That just blows my mind! I understand that history is written by the victor, and Christianity has been the "victor" in Europe for the most part. But still…I want to know if there is a way to fuse the two. Is there a way to be a Christian without "submitting" to a J*wish god? Even though I'm American, I know I'm Slavic; and, if I knew a remnant of any Slavic language, I would leave my life behind for a Slavic nation. I don't want to "find my roots;" I need to. How does a Slav reconcile worshiping what would be to him a "pagan" god? (That's sometimes how I've thought of Christianity…no offense to anyone.) I hope others can answer my questions! Thanks for reading!

(If there is already a thread on this, please merge my post with that one! Thanks mods!)

Anonymous

God chose the nation of Israel to be the people through whom Jesus Christ would be born—the Savior from sin and death (John 3:16). God first promised the Messiah after Adam and Eve’s fall into sin (Genesis chapter 3). God later confirmed that the Messiah would come from the line of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob (Genesis 12:1-3). Jesus Christ is the ultimate reason why God chose Israel to be His special people. God did not need to have a chosen people, but He decided to do it that way. Jesus had to come from some nation of people, and God chose Israel.

However, God’s reason for choosing the nation of Israel was not solely for the purpose of producing the Messiah. God’s desire for Israel was that they would go and teach others about Him. Israel was to be a nation of priests, prophets, and missionaries to the world. God’s intent was for Israel to be a distinct people, a nation who pointed others towards God and His promised provision of a Redeemer, Messiah, and Savior. For the most part, Israel failed in this task. However, God’s ultimate purpose for Israel—that of bringing the Messiah into the world—was fulfilled perfectly in the Person of Jesus Christ.

This is the Truth.

Anonymous

😮 hmm welcome davyd. we all thank you for your homily.  :-X

as for op: there is no jewish and nonjewish god, there is only one God.
    people who believe in IC XC as son of only God are called christians. if you dont believe, you arent christian. its simple as that.

Anonymous
    Quote:
    😮 hmm welcome davyd. we all thank you for your homily.  :-X

as for op: there is no ***ish and non***ish god, there is only one God.
    people who believe in IC XC as son of only God are called christians. if you dont believe, you arent christian. its simple as that.

I disagree with your reasoning. If you look at archaeological evidence, the ***ish religion (then subsequent Christianity) was initially a polytheistic religion based around Canaanite culture. There have been discoveries of shrines Ba'al in ***ish temples ALONGSIDE artifacts that indicate normal ***ish worship. They have found carvings that mention "Yahweh and HIS Astarte," as though Astarte was his wife. So, there was an entire pantheon of Canaanite gods, which Yahweh was only a part of.

Let me ask a simpler question. Catholic or Orthodoxy? What is more suited to our cultures?

Anonymous

no, hebrews believed in one god, generally, but parts of them split and strayed into idolatry. thats from where those findings originate.
    differences between catholicism and orthodoxy are mostly formal and ritualist, + different approach in teaching the same thing. in different words. as a catholic i can say i believe in what orthodox church teaches. i mean, core things of faith.
    anyway putting culture, form or rite before faith in one God is idolatry in my opinion.

Anonymous
    Quote:
    anyway putting culture, form or rite before faith in one God is idolatry in my opinion.

Nicely said, I agree with you.

Anonymous

Why does it even matter if we're Christian, Jewish, Muslim, etc, We all, actually, believe in the SAME GOD! Believing in God is what matters, he unites most religions.

Anonymous
    Quote:
    Why does it even matter if we're Christian, ***ish, ******, etc, We all, actually, believe in the SAME GOD! Believing in God is what matters, he unites most religions.

Then why do the majority of religious practitioners disagree with that view? If we all believe in the same God, then why do so many people fight? Why do so many people get offended? I do believe in a Creator, and in Jesus, but I believe that it's a story that's much older than the most current version we have. Something ancient that happened long ago that it's retold and retold and retold, but the story is the same. Sacrifice for man's sins. But if I were to write that, proclaim it from the rooftops, I'd get stoned.

I'm not trying to disprove what you're saying Hobotnica, I agree. I'm asking more into it. If we all believe in the same Creator, why can't we call him by our culture's ancient name without being called a heathen? Because, if you believe what you said, then if I called God, Svarog, and Jesus, Perun, but believed to my very soul they were the same men…is that wrong?

Anonymous
    Quote:
    Then why do the majority of religious practitioners disagree with that view? If we all believe in the same God, then why do so many people fight?

Money, resources, territory, power you name it, we fought for it. Just with different excuses.

Anonymous
    Quote:
    Money, resources, territory, power you name it, we fought for it. Just with different excuses.

And that has fostered a hatred that persists today simply by naming a different belief system?

Anonymous
    Quote:
    Then why do the majority of religious practitioners disagree with that view? If we all believe in the same God, then why do so many people fight? Why do so many people get offended? I do believe in a Creator, and in Jesus, but I believe that it's a story that's much older than the most current version we have. Something ancient that happened long ago that it's retold and retold and retold, but the story is the same. Sacrifice for man's sins. But if I were to write that, proclaim it from the rooftops, I'd get stoned.

I'm not trying to disprove what you're saying Hobotnica, I agree. I'm asking more into it. If we all believe in the same Creator, why can't we call him by our culture's ancient name without being called a heathen? Because, if you believe what you said, then if I called God, Svarog, and Jesus, Perun, but believed to my very soul they were the same men…is that wrong?

Different names do not mean different people. We have many names for Jesus and God because there were many interpretations in different cultures. An what you said about not being able to call them by ancient names without being called a heathen, you can name them whatever you want, If you name God Svarog, I wouldn't call you a heathen, it's the same God with a different name , it's not my problem if other people don't understand that calling the Creator by an ancient name doesn't make you heathen. Svarog is a unique interpretation of the Creator. Just like Allah and all the other names. The same thing with a different name. The point of Creator is that he cannot be truly named. You can call him however you want, but he has no name. Because what can be named is not eternal (words of Lao tzu).

Anonymous
    Quote:
    And that has fostered a hatred that persists today simply by naming a different belief system?

It's basic psychology, you start hating the most prominent identification of your oppressing party religion, culture, clothing in some cases etc.

Anonymous

no, the god worshipped by ******s isnt the one God. they dont accept IX XC as God

Quote:
    then why do so many people fight? Why do so many people get offended?

because of pride, anger, greed etc.

I do believe in a Creator, and in Jesus, but I believe that it's a story that's much older than the most current version we have. Something ancient that happened long ago that it's retold and retold and retold, but the story is the same. Sacrifice for man's sins………if I called God, Svarog, and Jesus, Perun, but believed to my very soul they were the same men…is that wrong?

yes. youre forgetting the fact that Jesus is a real person, who really lived about 2000 years ago. thats first. secondly, youre relativizing what IC XC taught. there is no teaching of perun. for ancient slavs it was the guy who sent lightnings from cloud.

If we all believe in the same Creator, why can't we call him by our culture's ancient name…?

and what was the name, hm? Creator doesnt have many names, he has got only 1 name. Yhvh. The one God has nothing to do with svarog or other pagan idols.

edit: Allah isnt a name, its just arabic word for "god". compare with hebrew "el" (i think)

Anonymous
    Quote:
    Why does it even matter if we're Christian, ***ish, ******, etc, We all, actually, believe in the SAME GOD! Believing in God is what matters, he unites most religions.

Abrahamic religions all worship the same god. That is; the one of the Jewish people.

Every culture has their own set of gods, or just one, as it is in this case.
    They are not talking about the same deity.
    Many deities were just personifications of nature, as it was for many cultures throughout Europe. I don't think they would have worshipped these gods, but rather highly respected them. But that's beside the point.

Although Abrahamic religions have been accepted as the "main three", it was not always so.
    There is a great diversity of deities and cultures.
    Why should everybody follow the Hebrew one? It's foreign, and does not mean anything to most of us on an ancestral level.

When you say "most religions", you do not actually mean MOST religions, but rather the main three that have been forced upon us.

The other 20 or so "major religions", and dozens of smaller ones, are not related in any way shape or form to the main three, apart from the branches of Satanism, but those are still in essence Abrahamic.

Anonymous
    Quote:
    Abrahamic religions all worship the same god. That is; the one of the ***ish people.

Every culture has their own set of gods, or just one, as it is in this case.
    They are not talking about the same deity.
    Many deities were just personifications of nature, as it was for many cultures throughout Europe. I don't think they would have worshipped these gods, but rather highly respected them. But that's beside the point.

Although Abrahamic religions have been accepted as the "main three", it was not always so.
    There is a great diversity of deities and cultures.
    Why should everybody follow the Hebrew one? It's foreign, and does not mean anything to most of us on an ancestral level.

When you say "most religions", you do not actually mean MOST religions, but rather the main three that have been forced upon us.

The other 20 or so "major religions", and dozens of smaller ones, are not related in any way shape or form to the main three, apart from the branches of Satanism, but those are still in essence Abrahamic.

F***ing THANK YOU!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 57 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Slavorum

9 User(s) Online Join Server
  • Родни Никотин ☭
  • БЕЗНОГNМ
  • Lyutenitsa
  • Drizzt
  • 'las
  • Piachu