• This topic has 9 voices and 23 replies.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

Croatia imo will soon be like Greece, we'll see people rioting and destroying the cities soon. Gouverment is threatening with lower salaries, getting rid of workers, higher taxes, food prices have tripled…in general Croatia is a sinking boat.

How about your country?

Anonymous

Nope, we're going pretty well and we have the Chinese to thank.

Anonymous
    Quote:

In Australia?

Anonymous

Nope,
    we got more jobs than a Mafia hitman in my region.  We've brought over several relatives from Ukraine and are in the process of getting more.

There's no recession.  Most of Canada and Australia is doing well.  Countries like Spain have always been a dog's breakfast.  America's unemployment (once you take out Afro-Americans), probably isn't that bad either.  I heard in Dakota it's just like Alberta, any able man who's not mentally retarded can earn big bucks.

People who complain there are no 'jobs' are usually young adults who only want to work in retail part time for $10 a hour.  If you're a strong man without work experience, you can get $15-$25 (and even more if your willing to work in the oil sands or on a farm with a lot of labour work).  A Slav wth the right papers, no experience and good English skills can get a $90,000+ wage no problem on the Oil Sands.  However, Eastern Europeans don't really know about that and subsequently our companies sometimes have to hire Africans or whoever can fill the work gap.

My friend owns a farm and by law (before hiring foreign workers) they have to advertise on Craigslist and the internet.  The only people who respond to his job are usually from Quebec (a region which is economically not doing so well) and these workers all say they only want to pick fruit, no labour whatsoever… Brats from Quebec..!..  therefore my friend brings in workers from Mexico and Eastern Europe.  I often have to act as his translator on hs farm.

Anonymous
    Quote:
    In Australia?

Chinese people in Australia, or the economic situation in Australia?

Anonymous
    Quote:
    Chinese people in Australia, or the economic situation in Australia?

Economic situation in Australia. You were talking about Australia yeah?

@Kandetes, according to what you said that what you earn in Canada in 3-4 days is a monthly wage here.

Anonymous

Yeah, low salaries, high prices and taxes, unemployment, educated emmigrants, all the same here, but politicians make things much worse by their decisions. But I doubt we Slovaks will be rioting and destroying our cities, we're not of this character, we rather suffer.. and that's too bad. If Croats or any other Slavs will be rioting, I will be nothing, but envious.  :-

Anonymous
    Quote:

Of course. There's no way Bosnia could be doing better than it's neighbours.

Anonymous
    Quote:
    Yeah, low salaries, high prices and taxes, unemployment, educated emmigrants, all the same here, but politicians make things much worse by their decisions. But I doubt we Slovaks will be rioting and destroying our cities, we're not of this character, we rather suffer.. and that's too bad. If Croats or any other Slavs will be rioting, I will be nothing, but envious.  :-

We're in Croatia the same way, when was the last time you heard Croats rioting about anything? I think Croats, Slovenes, Slovaks and Czech are either to obedient, too calm or something is very wrong with us in general…politicians could make people literally starve and yet i have a feeling people would still just sit there and do nothing…

Anonymous
    Quote:

@Kandetes, according to what you said that what you earn in Canada in 3-4 days is a monthly wage here.

Pretty much.  My Eastern European relatives are "Doctors" and educated people and they receive a "good living wage" of $600 bucks each.  I think they pull in a little more than $10,000 a year and that's effectively Middle Class for them.

They come to Canada, live in the oil sand Dormitory or rent free on a farm and they can take in a multiplication of a middle class wage without any effort.  That's why they come over here, it's simple math of being a Doctor and pulling $5000ish or $90,000 as a labour man.

There's an ethical issue though, should the best minds of Eastern Europe do the dirty work here?

Anonymous
    Quote:

Your politicians made that choice.  Joining the E.U. and whatever, led to Eastern European countries being hit by a price bubble.  The prices for me were cheap by Canadian standards but the wages you guys pull, I have no idea how you ever survive or have fun.

Anonymous
    Quote:
    Pretty much.  My Eastern European relatives are "Doctors" and educated people and they receive a "good living wage" of $600 bucks each.  I think they pull in a little more than $10,000 a year and that's effectively Middle Class for them.

They come to Canada, live in the oil sand Dormitory or rent free on a farm and they can take in a multiplication of a middle class wage without any effort.  That's why they come over here, it's simple math of being a Doctor and pulling $5000ish or $90,000 as a labour man.

There's an ethical issue though, should the best minds of Eastern Europe do the dirty work here?

Yeah, doing just labor work in Canada would earn you equally amount of money monthly as a minister, doctor, manager here … thought then again that exactly is the reason why eastern-Euro countries don't have high immigration rates…but i just wonder how much our people can take, i mean in western-Europe where they're basically swimming in money they're still protesting against the government on a daily basis, while here people are forced to struggle just for their family to survive and yet you see no one protesting…

Anonymous
    Quote:
    Yeah, doing just labor work in Canada would earn you equally amount of money monthly as a minister, doctor, manager or something like that would earn you here monthly… thought then again that exactly is the reason why eastern-Euro countries don't have high immigration rates…but i just wonder how much our people can take, i mean in western-Europe where they're basically swimming in money they're still protesting against the government on a daily basis, while here people are forced struggle just for their family to survive and yet you see no one protesting…

Students do protest tutition increases a lot but in general I don't think it happens as often as you claim.

Anonymous

We are not collapsing yet but we have quite big debt. And students working for small cash are stealing us jobs. I would ban student work. Those damm students!!! >:( >:(

>:(

Quote:

Didnt you say that Australians take loans for practicaly everything? That is a recepie for disaster. :D

Anonymous
    Quote:
    Didnt you say that Australians take loans for practicaly everything? That is a recepie for disaster. :D

Yes, but the country is going good. Of course eventually Australians won't be able to pay off their debts because the cost of living is increasing, but I'll cross that bridge when I come to it. However, we're doing much better than most countries around the world.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Slavorum

6 User(s) Online Join Server
  • ▽eurus▽
  • Shnickstara89
  • Petko (the pet store)
  • ☭Lil Commie☭
  • Drizzt
  • LCaine