• This topic has 215 replies, 30 voices, and was last updated 3 years ago by  Anonymous.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 216 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

First Bosnian monument of king Tvrtko I was raised yesterday in Tuzla (north-eastern Bosnia).
    Stjepan (Stephen) Tvrtko I (1338 – 10 March 1391) was the Ban of Bosnia during 1353–77, King of Bosnia and Serbia during 1377–91, and king of Croatia and Dalmatia after 1390. A member of the Bosnian Kotromanić dynasty which had ruled the Banate of Bosnia, he was a "politically adept and religiously tolerant ruler" and under his command Bosnia reached its peak and became the strongest power in the Balkans, conquering parts of what is today Serbia, Croatia and Montenegro.

Anonymous

Ajmo Soljani ! :)

Nice to see this.

Anonymous

Statua je razočarenje…

Zar nisu mogli malo više izdvojiti iz budžeta za profesionalnijeg umjetnika ::)

Anonymous

Meni izgleda lijepo

Anonymous

They should have made it more regal, like this.

Anonymous

Members of the Praskozorje movement were today on the opening of the monument.

For the first time – they raised bosnian pan-slavic flag in Tuzla, near the Tvrtko I monument and soon were taken by the monitors and legitimated.

They were warned that they tend the flag, because it is not the official flag of Bosnia and Herzegovina, and then, brought back to their positions – without the flag.

Anonymous

I am more interested in this story, what is the public opinion (javno mnenje) in Tuzla, among the elderly as well as among the youth, concerning this statue and the whole view on the pre-ottoman history in general.

It would be nice if you could do a little research on that, not just Tuzla or Sarajevo, but the FBiH in general. How much see the pre-ottoman history with benevolence, how much are more inclined towards the Ottoman rather than towards the Bosnian historical period. I see the movement of which this statue is a great example, as a necessary foundation for the future stabilisation of not just the state, but also the whole region.

If it gains political momentum among the Bosniaks, we could be looking upon the historical paradigm shift that didn’t happen in the last 500 years, and could finally bring a long lasting age of stability in our region.

Anonymous

For the first time – they raised bosnian pan-slavic flag in Tuzla, near the Tvrtko I monument and soon were taken by the monitors and legitimated.

They were warned that they tend the flag, because it is not the official flag of Bosnia and Herzegovina, and then, brought back to their positions – without the flag.

Anonymous

It would be nice if you could do a little research on that, not just Tuzla or Sarajevo, but the FBiH in general. How much see the pre-ottoman history with benevolence, how much are more inclined towards the Ottoman rather than towards the Bosnian historical period. I see the movement of which this statue is a great example, as a necessary foundation for the future stabilisation of not just the state, but also the whole region.

If it gains political momentum among the Bosniaks, we could be looking upon the historical paradigm shift that didn’t happen in the last 500 years, and could finally bring a long lasting age of stability in our region.

I Bosnia, the statue is about 80% of the Bosniaks (“Muslims” and “Croats”) well excpted. (My own free estimate…)
    The other 20% among them don’t accept it because political and religious- nationalistic tendentions. The “Muslims” like it is not our king, we should not glorify the preottoman era of Bosnian history, it is absurd, Bosniaks are “created” after 1463. etc – that well known story of muslim fundamentalists…
    The “Croats” instead don’t support it, like they don’t because their nationalistic politics don’t support everything that is bosnian. They believe that Tvrtko was never a king, or if he was, he was a Croat, not a Bosniak… His monument is a “provocation”, because Bosnia was never a free land etc.

And by the 80% who suport it, there is also one part who think – “We need the monument, but economic developement was a better goal then building it in those days of recesion.”

Among the Serbs the situation is different. I think that 80-90% of the Serbs in Bosnia don’t suport it.
    I know one of them, who claims to be liberal and left-oriented (Vuk Bačanović, a journalist), who degrades everything that is in common with Bosna (The Povelja Kulina bana, now the monument), claiming that it is stupid that “Bosniaks believe and appropriating Tvrko as he was a king… and if he was, he was Serbian” (his status on FB yesterday – and sure he will soon write a coloumn about that somewhere in newspaper). Ofcourse, for his anti-Bosnian propaganda, he uses leftist methods – diminishing humiliation of everything that is Bosnian, claiming that it is not important – only what is important is the econmy and the class conflict. (But, that leftist methods are also based on Serbian nationalism – degregading Bosnia, and uprising the Serbs, as the prophets and mesias for the comunism) etc….

Anonymous

I think it is good to have it, though they maybe could make it a bit different. It remembers me (no ofense) on the sleeping kralj Matjaž from our stories. But it's nice to see people (at least some) are interested in that stuff to some degree. I wish to see more in the future.

Anonymous

This flag is very good.
    Yeah its kinda similar. But why would it be offensive? 

Anonymous

IDK, bolje preventiva kot – kaj že? ??? Anyway, nice statue.

Anonymous

Who paid for the statue?

Anonymous

I would say 90% of Bosniaks would say they glorify both the kings and ottomans period bosniaks like Isa beg Ishakovic,Gazi husref beg etc etc,we see no conflict between those 2

Anonymous

Municipality of Tuzla

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 216 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Slavorum

8 User(s) Online Join Server
  • Lucifer Morningstar
  • ca$hbunni
  • slovborg
  • Oliver (TW BLOCK)
  • kony97
  • Fia