• This topic has 13 voices and 54 replies.
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 56 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

So is Vojvodina Slovak widely spoken?

Anonymous

It depends, in places like Novi Sad and it’s outskirts you will hear it more often than at the north of Vojvodina.

Anonymous

Interesting. Btw Czech's have only one village. ;D

Anonymous

It has around 40 residents :(

Anonymous

This is indeed small.

Anonymous

I am Slovak from Vojvodina, but not from Slovak town I am from Šíd, it's a town on boarder with Croatia in Sriem. I don't speak Slovak at home becouse my mother is Serbian (but she speaks Slovak) and mostly becouse language of Slovaks from Vojvodina isn't grammaticly incorrect, so my father didn't wanted me to learn such language. I learn Slovak at school (once a week (there are Slovak schools in all of Slovak places, but not in my town)). I can understand almost everything, but I'm not used to speak it (I can speak it, but I'm not secured in my knowlage)). Most Slovaks here speak with a lot of Serbian words and accent. I was in Bratislava last year so I could compare languages, they sounded different, I noticed that people in Bratislava speak with some Czech influance, but that's not only thing, there are a lot different words and slang.
    I would like you to recommend me some Slovak books and mouvies (comedies would be grate) so I could expand my vocabulary.

Anonymous

What bout elder Slovak speakers?

Anonymous

About elder speakers, they don’t speak with so many Serbian words and accent, but still it’s not like Slovak I heared in Bratislava or on Slovak TV networks.

Anonymous

Yes, Bratislava dialect and technically all dialect areas on the western part of the country sound harder than usual Slovak, which is more soft. Most of Slovak media, especially television, use BA dialect, so please don’t think that all SLovaks speak like that

I recommend older movies, they’re much better Try fairytail Perinbaba, drama Obchod na korze, musical movie Fontána pre Zuzanu, comedy Pacho, hybský zbojník or tragicomedy Pásla kone na betóne.

Also somewhere I read that Slovak dubbing is one of the best dubbings on the world, good example is dubbing of movie Avatar.

Anonymous

Bratislava and Slovak TVs are the worst to judge how the common Slovak sounds. It’s not even a dialect, it’s a slang.

Anonymous

That’s why asked you to recommend me some books or mouvies in Slovak(better mouvies, I couldn’t get any books, exept if they’re on some site).

Anonymous

Well, there are many Slovak books and movies, what exactly are you looking for? Any genre? I love

Ako divé husi AKO DIVÉ HUSI – extract 1 (Slovak movie)

Zuzanka Hraškovie ZUZANKA HRAŠKOVIE (Slovak movie)

Or do you think of modern movies?

Dušan, vieš po slovensky?

Anonymous

I'd like some modern mouvies becouse of slang and some words of newer date (all words younger than 19 century are probably different in Slovakia and Vojvodina, becouse that's when we came here).
    I understand Slovak, I can read it and listen to it, I'm just not used to speak it 'cause I have poor vocabulary.
    and if it's not to much too ask can you recommend some bands. I found few of them myself (Desmond, Tublatanka, Metalinda), just as long it is rock and metal (haevy).

Anonymous

Movies? Fontana pre Zuzanu 1,2,3 (Habera Movie). Lóve (BA komedy), etc.. I mean Slovaks have Czech dabing in international movies.

Slovak Modern music is very popular.

Anonymous

Movies? Fontana pre Zuzanu 1,2,3 (Habera Movie). Lóve (BA komedy), etc.. I mean Slovaks have Czech dabing in international movies.

Slovak Modern music is very popular.

Punk band Konflikt – Magyar singer with his Magyar accent is a bad idea. Pavol Habera and Kristína – good choice. Elán – for older generation, it will bore you. Rytmus – horrible choice of horrible language and bad accent, do not listen to him.

Fontána pre Zuzanu – ok, could be. Lóve – Bratislava’s slang, bad choice. Movies with Czech dabing in Slovak TVs can be seen less and less (hodon, you evidently don’t watch Slovak TV channel, do you?).

Dušan, I will look for some movies and books and then post it.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 56 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Slavorum

6 User(s) Online Join Server
  • Drizzt
  • ☭Lil Commie☭
  • Petko (the pet store)
  • Shnickstara89
  • ▽eurus▽
  • LCaine