• This topic has 2 voices and 3 replies.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

Larger brains and eyes go with living in the high latitudes: study

Coping with the Arctic winter’s long nights and short days may bring some hidden benefits to people living in the high latitudes.

That’s because the further away that human populations live from the equator, the bigger their brains and eyes become, suggests a new study in the journal Biology Letters.

By studying skulls from 12 different populations at varying latitudes, Oxford University scientists determined that people living in places with long winters evolved bigger eyes and brains to better process what they see.

The bigger vision areas in the brain help cope with the low light levels experienced at high latitudes, a July 27 university news release said.

http://www.nunatsiaqonline.ca/stories/article/2777648_larger_brains_and_eyes_go_with_living_in_the_high_latitudes_study/

Anonymous

In Slovakia it is said that if you've got a high forehead, you are supposed to be a very wise man.

Anonymous
    Quote:
    In Slovakia it is said that if you've got a high forehead, you are supposed to be a very wise man.

Well there is something to it…Brock Lesnar on example for sure isn't a wise man and is extremely branchy i.e. short skull and forhead

I noticed that branchy people develop muscle tissue easily and are much more muscular and skeleton wise better developed than, Dolio people who seem to be more gentle, subtle, and some even smarter.

Anonymous

Of course, it is just the saying, it doesn't mean it is a norm. I just found it interesting within the context of the article above.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Slavorum

9 User(s) Online Join Server
  • TypowaPolskaKobieta
  • Oliver (TW BLOCK)
  • Tujev
  • Piachu
  • jorgos
  • slovborg