• This topic has 7 voices and 6 replies.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

I made this thread here, beacause I belive that it is perhaps the best place to be made at, I didn't want to make it on pro-christian or pro-pagan forums because I belive that just results in extremist belives. Here on Slavorum we have slavic pagans and slavic christians. And I need help, desperate help.

I am having a religious identity crisis, where I no longer can stand christianity. I am tired of it. For the last 2 years I have been a good Catholic I belive but, I am not enjoying my life, something is missing. And I realized that I've lost this faith. Recently I have had weird dreams and also feelings, I want to belive in our old gods. I have a desire to belive in the old and leave christianity. It feels like the old Gods are almost calling me back, let me explain it to you.

Like I said, 2 last years I am a good Christian. Before this I was a pagan, I belived lightly in Rodnovery but I wasn't very educated about it so I quickly converted. Keep in mind I'm 18 so pretty young and previously to this religion was just not important to me. Now hear me out please. Recently I have started reading history, traditions and everything sorrounding Rodnovery. And I am so attracted to it, the values, the Gods and the celebrations I just cannot stand this anymore and I want to "convert" to paganism. But I'm not really converting, that's not how paganism works.

I need someone to just give me help on what afterlife would await a slavic pagan, because I don't know much about this and I haven't been able to find much on it either. Unfortunately.

Many thanks.

Anonymous
    Quote:
    I made this thread here, beacause I belive that it is perhaps the best place to be made at, I didn't want to make it on pro-christian or pro-pagan forums because I belive that just results in extremist belives. Here on Slavorum we have slavic pagans and slavic christians. And I need help, desperate help.

I am having a religious identity crisis, where I no longer can stand christianity. I am tired of it. For the last 2 years I have been a good Catholic

Good catholic is an oxymoron. You guys are fucking schismatics.

I belive but, I am not enjoying my life, something is missing. And I realized that I've lost this faith. Recently I have had weird dreams and also feelings, I want to belive in our old gods.

Nah, what you want to believe in is your own gods.

I have a desire to belive in the old and leave christianity. It feels like the old Gods are almost calling me back, let me explain it to you.

Like I said, 2 last years I am a good Christian. Before this I was a pagan, I belived lightly in Rodnovery but I wasn't very educated about it so I quickly converted. Keep in mind I'm 18 so pretty young

Take it from someone who's older: you're not a fully grown human until you're older. Like 20 something. Depends on the person but definitely not teenagers. Teenagers are idiots, no exceptions. Been there, done that. You're still in the idiot phase, so have patience.

and previously to this religion was just not important to me. Now hear me out please. Recently I have started reading history, traditions and everything sorrounding Rodnovery. And I am so attracted to it, the values, the Gods and the celebrations I just cannot stand this anymore and I want to "convert" to paganism. But I'm not really converting, that's not how paganism works.

Indeed. If I were a pagan, I'd kill you for trying to co-opt my beliefs. Neo-pagans are hippies who have very little to do with actual pagans.

I need someone to just give me help on what afterlife would await a slavic pagan, because I don't know much about this and I haven't been able to find much on it either. Unfortunately.

Do you think whatever afterlife awaited you was up for picking and choosing?

Many thanks.

Btw, why are you in Sweden? What has Sweden got that we don't got?

Anonymous

Good catholic is an oxymoron. You guys are ****ing schismatics.

Coming from the mouth of bulgarian orthodoxian it have certain "weight". Schism, hehe…

Veniathan no one forbid you to beliave in what ever you want, just go for the things that fulfill you, and things which can make a better person out of you. Jesus or Perun it doesn`t matter. religion is private thing. I lost also my connection with christianity (catholic), but i respect the faith of others, espec of my family. For me,today, christianty is just one cultural tradition (my point of view). We, Slavs, in some way, have never leaved Old Gods. There are a lot of elements of the our old religion which have been preserved in the christian faith. If you are interested in our Old Gods i recommend you some experts in slavic bajoslovlje/mythology. Katičić and Belaj are very good to start with. They are scholars, expert in question of slavic mythology. They are not some new age mambo jambo full of sh*** people. They are educated people with lot of experiance. When i was in simmilar "situation" i found some "answers" which helped me to understand. And as you said there is no "converting", you believe or not.
    God luck finding yourself :)

Anonymous
    Quote:

I am having a religious identity crisis, where I no longer can stand christianity. I am tired of it.

Being tired of religion does not mean, you do not follow it. If you do not follow however, it does not mean you do not believe in its God.

Quote:
    For the last 2 years I have been a good Catholic I belive but, I am not enjoying my life, something is missing. And I realized that I've lost this faith.

How did you realized this? If you were "a good Christian" you followed Christian values and rules and you believed in Christian God. How could this be possible that you have lost faith if you are this "good Christian"? It is impossible. You are a [good] Christian and at the same time you lose your faith? It does not work this way.

Quote:
    Recently I have had weird dreams and also feelings, I want to belive in our old gods.

And I want to believe that our world is a pretty nice place to live. It doesn't convinced me.

Quote:
    I have a desire to belive in the old and leave christianity. It feels like the old Gods are almost calling me back, let me explain it to you.

Yes, I am curious why.

Quote:
    Like I said, 2 last years I am a good Christian. Before this I was a pagan, I belived lightly in Rodnovery but I wasn't very educated about it so I quickly converted.

You were Pagan? Really?
    Before 16 you were a Pagan who is not familiar with his faith so then you "converted" to Christianity but it is so much boring that you want to be Pagan again, even if you are unfamiliar with it? Nonsense.

You are simply a teenage guy who wants to become more attractive to (as some would say) "stupid Christians", be more badass and more… dark. Right? Now I would explain something.
    People who are choosing their ideology and religion because they simply want to, even if they do not believe in it, are cretins. You should follow your mind in this case.

Quote:
    Keep in mind I'm 18 so pretty young and previously to this religion was just not important to me. Now hear me out please. Recently I have started reading history, traditions and everything sorrounding Rodnovery. And I am so attracted to it, the values, the Gods and the celebrations I just cannot stand this anymore and I want to "convert" to paganism. But I'm not really converting, that's not how paganism works.

Yes. You want to believe in Slavic gods, but your wishes do not have to cooperate with your brain. You believe or you want to believe. Sometimes I want to be Christian, but I am not. If you want to be a Rodnover you must ask yourself – "do I believe in this?". If not, you will not be a Rodnover.

Quote:

Many thanks.

I can tell you something what I do know. Or I think I know, because I am not an expert.

In the old Slavic beliefs you have some kind of afterlife. Paradise in this mythology/religion is called Iriy (Wyraj in Polish). According to this beliefs it is a place where bird fly to spend the Winter.

At the beginning Slavs believed in only one Iriy, connected with Rod. It was at the end of Milky Way and it lied behind the iron gate which kept living people from arriving there, at the crown of Axis Mundi. At its branches the birds lived, identified with human souls. There were also theories that the gate was guarded by Veles (the Golden Cock) or Raróg with keys to the afterlife. Seems to be connected with Christian Peter.

Some said also that souls are becoming birds when corpses are burning (smoke going to the sky). But these souls were not meant to be forever the birds, spork had to bring them back to some pregnant woman (you know, spork bringing kids). Some kind of reincarnation.

At the later times, thanks to Christianity expansion, Slavs began to believe in the Bird's Iriy which was the Heaven and in the Serpent's Iriy which was the Hell.

There was also a place called the Nav'. It was an afterlife place with Veles as a ruler, sitting on the golden throne with a sword. Some said these were some green lands – where Veles put human souls to the pasture – and some said it was beyond the sea or somewhere underground. By the term the Nav' people identified also souls of the dead human beings. But those human souls were evil.

Anonymous

Slavic culture are interested to me all of life and sometimes i thinking about that,
    Is that right to leave Christian,and bi part of Rodnoverje, or be a Christian, and Rodnoverje and other
    parts of Slavic culture viewed as a glorious past, and be proud of it,like on Montenegrin past too.
    I think I'll forever be that second,beacuse,I was born as an Orthodox Christian, I have always believed in God, pray to him,and its diificult to change that.I think,i dont want to change…

Anonymous

Many of the things that ancient Slavs believed in have been forgotten or become obsolete. We don't know anything about the old gods, we just pretend to.
    If you don't want to be Christian, then don't be, that's entirely up to you.
    However, following some religion nobody really knows anything about isn't the way to go. Instead, you should keep to the various old traditions; that is the closest we can get to 'paganism' without making shit up.

Anonymous

Too late for the answer but if you want to find your way in rodnovery Veniathan, no prob to talk with you! I'm from Watra Foundation (Slavic pagan org from Wroclaw)

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Slavorum

9 User(s) Online Join Server
  • m1tric
  • Lyutenitsa™
  • MahNibbah
  • Australian Santa
  • LCaine
  • Shendelzare Silkwood