• This topic has 15 voices and 43 replies.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 44 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

In this thread I will post data about my country.
    There will be photos, old Bosnian charters  etc.
    so, this is not a specific theme but nice way to show many things about my, sadly ruined, country.

Anonymous

First I will start with some pics and data about Bosnian gravestones called biljezi or stećci.

The Stećci (singular: Stećak), are monumental medieval tombstones that lie scattered across Bosnia and Herzegovina, and the border parts of Croatia, Montenegro and Serbia. An estimated 60,000 are found within the borders of Bosnia and Herzegovina and the rest of 10,000 are found in Croatia, Serbia, and Montenegro. Appearing in the 11th century, the stećci reached their peak in the late 14th to 15th centuries, before dying away during the Ottoman occupation
    source: wikipedia

This is the the most famous gravestone called Zgošćanski stećak:

Symbols on these gravestones are very interesting. we can find Christian and pagan symbols on them.
    For example:

Christian
    and pagan

It is important to note that all three Christian groups in medieval Bosnian state raised these monuments.

This is written on one "stećak" ( it is in old  Bosnian):

A se lezi Tanisa Crk od Kraljeve Sutjeske,od Kralja voljen,al` bez slobode,ko lovacki pas Kralju dodijeljen.

Zivjeh,al` vodom ne zagasih zedj,nit plodovima zemlje ne utolih glad,jer se glad i zedj vratjahu vsvaki dan u utrobu moju,kao tsto se vsaki dan vratcah ja iz polja kutci svojoj isti,al` za taj dan druktciji.

I stalno misljah na Tebe,Gospode,i sa molitvom Tebi sklapah obnotci otci svoje,i sa molitvom Tebi zjutrom ih otvarah,kao tsto se zjutrom otvaraju prozorji i dverji doma tvojega i mojega.

I stalno te tcekah i nadah ti se stalno.Al` Ti se ne pojavi,niti mi se Ti obznani.Samo muk.I rodi se sumnja u dusi mojoj,sumnji nesklonoj,da i Ti negdje,ko ja ovdi,uzalud ne tcekas spasenje od mene.I s` tom terzkom mislju legoh po ovi biljeg i tu miso usijekoh u tverdi kam,da oni koji protcitaju vide tko tce od nas dvojice pervi docekat spasenje.

Legoh grk 1389. ljeta po Gospodu,kad Tverdko bje Kralj od Bosne,Serbie,Dalmeise i Zapadnijeh Strana,a ja tad bjeh starac koji u svijetu vidjeh ono tsto nehtjeh vidjet,a ne dotcekah ono sto srdce moje stalno tcekase i samo to zeljase…

that is all for this post…

Anonymous

Now, some more pics:

[img width=477 height=700]http://www.udruzenjehistoricara-ks.ba/Images/stecak.jpg”/>

Anonymous

Bosnian medieval nobility

Kotromanic dynasty

They gave Bosnia 6 Bans and 9 kings. Their rule was from 1250 ( apr.) till 1463 when Turks killed Bosnian kingdom.

Bosnian royal COA:

House of kotromanic:
    [img width=465 height=700]http://www.samostan.ba/photos/logo.php?picturename=albums/wpw-20060630/normal_21_fojni%E8ki_grbovnik_-_kotromanouic.jpg”/>

Kosače

Rulers of Hum ( Herzegovina) and many time opponents to central power. They had influence for more than 100 years.

COA:

Bosnian -Croatian family Hrvatinići

they had big influence in Bosnia and Croatia/Hungary. The most famous of them was duke Hrvoje who controlled are of Donji Kraji ( Bosanska Krajina, north-western Bosnia) and some territories in Dalmatia including Split.

Coa:

Zlatonosovići

Nobles from northeast Bosnia – Usora area. They died out in Kosovo in 1389.
    Coa:

Pavlovići

One of the strongest families. They held are in eastern and south-eastern Bosnia.
    COA:

Anonymous

Interesting thread!

Anonymous

Interesting thread!

Thanks Wilkolak.  ;)

I will continue with pics of medieval money and similar stuff :D :

Anonymous

Krestjanin, thumbs up

Those pictures of carved stons on background of beauifull mountasins… that is simply breathtaking.

Anonymous

Krestjanin, thumbs up

Those pictures of carved stons on background of beauifull mountasins… that is simply breathtaking

Thanks. Well, those are mine favorite pics. ;) I wanted to share them with the world.  ;D
    I hope that you now have next holiday destination. ;)

Anonymous

some fortresses and old towns:

Srebrenik

Vranduk

bobovac ( old royal bosnian town, now only small leftovers :( )
    [img width=700 height=525]http://www.tic-vares.info/bih/images/stories/atrakcije/bobovac/bobovac01.jpg”/>
    drawing:

tešanj
    [img width=700 height=525]http://v6.lscache8.c.bigcache.googleapis.com/static.panoramio.com/photos/original/22861112.jpg”/>

doboj

Visoko ( reconstruction)

blagaj
    [img width=700 height=525]http://www.bosniafacts.info/castles_and_fortresses/Old_Blagaj_Fortress.jpg”/>

Ostrožac

Anonymous
    Quote:
    Quote:
    [img width=700 height=525]http://www.tic-vares.info/bih/images/stories/atrakcije/bobovac/bobovac01.jpg”/>

😮 Is this really in the Bosnia? I did´n t know that there are such a nice places. So sad that our informations about other slavic countries are so poor.

Anonymous

Therefore we've got this forum to get a knowledge of other Slavic lands and I'm glad to see pictures from Bosnia, but on the other hand I'm sad because I went around and did not know of them at that time. Another reason to visit Balkan again.

Anonymous

Shocked Is this really in the Bosnia? I did´n t know that there are such a nice places. So sad that our informations about other slavic countries are so poor.

;D
    I hear that all the time. Yes, when talking about Slavic states we always speak of politics and therefore we ignore our rich cultural remains. I also wish that you and Svatoslava keep on posting pics and data about Slovakia in that topic. It was very inspirative to see something like that, its like you can touch history in those places. ;)

Therefore we've got this forum to get a knowledge of other Slavic lands and I'm glad to see pictures from Bosnia, but on the other hand I'm sad because I went around and did not know of them at that time. Another reason to visit Balkan again.

The main locations are not on the main roads but are very deep in the forests or on hills ( except in locations that were used as human habitats till this day) and that is way many people who come here cant see them. I am glad that there is a interest in your side about these places. If you need a map of some historical sites and locations I will try my best to provide you with one. ;)

Anonymous

Krstjanin i am proud of you. You seem like a real Bosnian and i support what you are doing. pozz

Anonymous

Thank you. ;)

Anonymous
    Quote:
    Ostrožac

Awesome!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 44 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Slavorum

7 User(s) Online Join Server
  • Nexius
  • Fia
  • Lucifer Morningstar
  • Glockamole
  • kony97
  • Tujev