• This topic has 5 voices and 26 replies.
Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #385864

    Anonymous
    Quote:
    Is it possible to locate it on a map? I couldn't sites like Google Maps to recognize it.  I'm curious where it is.

    Here you are:

    http://uamaps.com/ukraine-map/lvovskaya/pustomytovskiy/podbirtsy/

    #385865

    Anonymous
    Quote:

    Thanks.  You don't have any ideas of the other two names of towns though?

    Lyczakow/Stantsiya Lychakov
    8.5 miles east of Lyczakow that you'll find Goloduvka (your
    "Holodufka")."

    #385866

    Anonymous
    Quote:
    Thanks.  You don't have any ideas of the other two names of towns though?

    Lyczakow/Stantsiya Lychakov
    8.5 miles east of Lyczakow that you'll find Goloduvka (your
    "Holodufka")."

    Well, as stated, just like Povhec I believe that Lyczakow is in fact the Lychakiv district of L'viv today. When I type in "Goloduvka" in google, I get this, a village called Pykulovychi a bit to the north-east of Pidbirtsi marked on a map. Perhaps the name of the village has changed and was known as Holoduvka in the past.

    #385867

    Anonymous
    Quote:
    Well, as stated, just like Povhec I believe that Lyczakow is in fact the Lychakiv district of L'viv today. When I type in "Goloduvka" in google, I get this, a village called Pykulovychi a bit to the north-east of Pidbirtsi marked on a map. Perhaps the name of the village has changed and was known as Holoduvka in the past.

    At one point.. I was told these were the villages:
    http://goo.gl/maps/CP7g

    What is everyone's thoughts on this map? My map and your map are definitely different but are all around L'viv.

    #385868

    Anonymous
    Quote:
    At one point.. I was told these were the villages:
    http://goo.gl/maps/CP7g

    What is everyone's thoughts on this map? My map and your map are definitely different but are all around L'viv.

    I don't know, except for Pohirtsi the names of the towns do not sound all too similar to the ones where your ancestors came from.

    #385869

    Anonymous
    Quote:
    I don't know, except for Pohirtsi the names of the towns do not sound all too similar to the ones where your ancestors came from.

    They are supposedly the modern forms of the names.  Pohirtsi was the only that sounded closest to me, too. That's why I kind of dismissed the idea that we were from today's Ukraine and moved onto today's Poland since I could find "Lysakaw" and "Rudki" throughout Poland.  Just could never find them together or the other two names I've got in documents.  I want to know the truth, but it definitely makes me VERY frustrated.

    #385870

    Anonymous

    I noticed this was another Goloduvka, Ukraine.  http://www.gomapper.com/travel/where-is/goloduvka-located.html
    This falls into the theory I was given last year by a Polish American… http://goo.gl/maps/mxt3  These three were the ones he suggested to me.

    This map includes the two variations of possibilities in Ukraine: http://goo.gl/maps/G1wX

    A, B, and C were the possibilities suggested last year to me.
    D, E, and F would be the ones suggested to yesterday here on the forum.

    It's situations like this where I'm never sure how to go about things aside from having the money to travel there and search documents by hand.

    #385871

    Anonymous

    Holoduvka was most probably very tiny settlement. Here in my area there are some realy small settlements which were consumed by other villages since they were so small and so close to bigger village and on official maps such settlements dont exist anymore + maybe Holoduvka was abandoned perhaps in WWII or becouse of some kind of sick commie plan. ;D

    Even further thesis maybe your ancestors from Holoduvka were Polish and people abandoned village after WWII becouse many Poles emigrated to ex-German lands. ??? Now i know i am in no possition to talk about this since i dont know you and neither i know much about Ukraine, etc. but i think that perhaps at least one part of your Slavic ancestors were infact Poles.

    #385872

    Anonymous
    Quote:
    Holoduvka was most probably very tiny settlement. Here in my area there are some realy small settlements which were consumed by other villages since they were so small and so close to bigger village and on official maps such settlements dont exist anymore + maybe Holoduvka was abandoned perhaps in WWII or becouse of some kind of sick commie plan. ;D

    Even further thesis maybe your ancestors from Holoduvka were Polish and people abandoned village after WWII becouse many Poles emigrated to ex-German lands. ??? Now i know i am in no possition to talk about this since i dont know you and neither i know much about Ukraine, etc. but i think that perhaps at least one part of your Slavic ancestors were infact Poles.

    There is always a good possibility of a family member or two being Polish.  My pradeda came to the US in 1912. And since then, the truth has been hidden away in his remains.  I never really thought that my family would have been some "pure blooded" Rusyn family. But with all the possibilities of where the villages could be or what could have happened if they don't exist anymore is where I get stumped. I sometimes think I'll never know the truth, that my pradeda took everything to the grave. Well supposedly my deda and his brother know the original last name and refuse to tell anyone. *bangs head* Sometimes they piss me the f**k off. Truly do. Wish they weren't such a$$hats. But I can't do anything about it.

    #385873

    Anonymous
    Quote:
    Well supposedly my deda and his brother know the original last name and refuse to tell anyone.

    This sounds really awkward. Too bad. :-

    #385874

    Anonymous
    Quote:
    This sounds really awkward. Too bad. :-

    You have no idea what it's like being denied the very essence of your being.  I've tried to make contact with my deda and his brother about these things.  They ignore my requests.  They don't even write or call and say "Sorry not telling you anything but thanks for writing and seeing how we're doing, too." The only time my deda would talk to me is when I asked for money.  He never had problems with those conversations.  Supposed his brother, Stan (aka birth name is Stanislaus), will tell everyone the original surname on his deathbed.  *facepalm*

    They truly make me want to bash my face into a wall sometimes. I feel I'd get farther.

    #385875

    Anonymous

    Hey guys… can you try this one for size and tell me what you think?  Screw new maps… let's go old school.

    I think everyone telling me to look in Ukraine might have just brought me the answers I've been looking for…

    [img width=486 height=700]http://trekfortruth.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/Possibilities.png” />

Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Slavorum

11 User(s) Online Join Server
  • kony97
  • 'las
  • Родни Никотин ☭
  • Kratos
  • Piachu
  • Bohun