• This topic has 8 voices and 24 replies.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

“In the true love is the soul that hugs the body.”Friedriech Wilhelm Nietzsche

What we mean by true love? How it’s experienced? I am made me an idea. The women deny the existence of an elusive Prince Charming, while men say and believe the opposite. Women and men are educated in different ways and also their vision of things is different. The girls perceive and feel the love of fairy tales (although I have to disagree on to say that all feel the same, in fact in the modern world is not quite so). For women there is a strong feeling called love and romance, while for the male is more different even they don’t realize that. The love for man is a selfish feeling and nothing more. He falls in love is true, but falling in love is just want to have, is born of jealousy and a feeling that claim to have the law on women. None cannot see the end of what he does, and it is only sex. It cannot be called otherwise. And after reaching the goal, the end, what remains? Dryness in the feelings of man for love ends in sexual intercourse.

The women see it and disappoint you, do not see in this Prince Charming, is not it? I say that love can be criticize in our modern culture. Could be wrong in this and we do not recognize the true face of love? Tolstoj in his "The Kreutzer Sonata" speaks about it. Analyze what modern culture allows us to do. Our freedom makes us less moral, not intended only religiously, but as conscious of our being and our body. He ask us, why sex is too important? Our culture is made up of appearances and sensuality. This stimulate hormones and so does too much food. We leave us to the delights, chocolates, exotic and spices foods. All this to say that in modern life now everything is done to stimulate this process (see also all the things done for women, from clothing to everything else), all to enhance sensuality. Drugs, smoking and alcohol stoned us and we no longer have a sense of reality and do not understand what’s happening around us. We were told that sexual freedom was good, that being conservative was wrong. We have opened the door to sexual freedom and this is the result. The fall of true love.

Europe is experiencing a deep crisis, my hope is that will recover. But you still have to open people’s eyes and show them how things really are, without false pretense and false ideals. We live in a capitalist society and this says a lot … even love has now become an object of profit. Now the love has become like the society, the capitalist with the result that “love can be bought”, there are examples of many types, men who go with women for money or vice versa (I could also put prostitutes and gigolo), then divorces that are equivalent to money ‘cause that judge someone, and that the injured party is “rewarded” in cash, as the loss of a loved one. This is leading to the destruction of the concept of family, in Europe we are afraid to start a family, so-called love is not enough.

What do you think of this? Is there a way to return to consider love as something sacred? And anyone know how the love was seen from the point of view of the Slavs?

Anonymous

Do you know folk verses that are sung in villages? Some of them are really very sexual-oriented and even much more amoral than today things. And these verses must exist for long time!

Anonymous
    Quote:
    Do you know folk verses that are sung in villages? Some of them are really very sexual-oriented and even much more amoral than today things. And these verses must exist for long time!

Maybe you're right. But beween the present and the past, there is a big difference, especially in the morality and ethics. Can you post these writings? But we must keep in mind, which, being modern, we can perceive the message of these scriptures incorrectly.

Anonymous
    Quote:

Quote:

Maybe you're right. But beween the present and the past, there is a big difference, especially in the morality and ethics. Can you post these writings? But we must keep in mind, which, being modern, we can perceive the message of these scriptures incorrectly.

What scriptures? I say about chastushka songs, they are not written, they are singed.

Anonymous
    Quote:
    What scriptures? I say about chastushka songs, they are not written, they are singed.

Sorry my mistake :P However, you can post this song, maybe in English and original language?

Anonymous

Ах, ты, Ваня, милый Ваня,
    Свое счастье ты проспал:
    Сколько раз тебе давала,
    Ты ни разу не попал!

Мимо нашего окна
    Пронесли покойника.
    У покойника стоял
    Выше подоконника

Ах, топы да при-топы,
    Что наделали попы:
    Завели монашку в лес,
    Первым батюшка полез

I don't know how to translate :-[

Anonymous
    Quote:

You can usually go to http://translate.google.com/#ru|en|

There you can do it easily, it's not always 100% grammar correct but it does the job.

Anonymous
    Quote:

Quote:

You can usually go to http://translate.google.com/#ru|en|

There you can do it easily, it's not always 100% grammar correct but it does the job.

I translated it and I can not say that I felt nothing amoral. I used, as suggested Pentaz, the site. It sounds like this:

1. Oh, you, Vanya, Vanya, my dear,
    The happiness you slept:
    How many times have you given,
    You never got!

2. Past our window
    Carried the corpse.
    I was dead
    Above the sill

3. Ah, yes at tops, tank tops,
    That priests have done:
    Brought a nun in the woods
    The first priest climbed

Honestly I have not found anything wrong. There is irony, I guess, but nothing so outrageous, is not it?

Anonymous

You used Google Translate, right? It can good translate scientific texts, but not poems or songs. This translation has nothing common with actual meaning ov the werses. Many words are used in figural sense.
    For example: "стоял" (was standing) also means erection. "давать" related to a woman means "allow sex". And the third verse is clear about how priests raped a nun in woods.

Anonymous
    Quote:
    You used Google Translate, right? It can good translate scientific texts, but not poems or songs. This translation has nothing common with actual meaning ov the werses. Many words are used in figural sense.
    For example: "стоял" (was standing) also means erection. "давать" related to a woman means "allow sex". And the third verse is clear about how priests raped a nun in woods.

I do not understand one thing. If the song in question is about a priest, how can it be pagan? Goes back to what year? Was wrote after the evangelization of the East Pagan Europe?

Anonymous
    Quote:

I do not understand one thing. If the song in question is about a priest, how can it be pagan? Goes back to what year? Was wrote after the evangelization of the East Pagan Europe?

Yeah, it probably has very little to do with Pagan, but rather it's just an old folk tale/song.

Anonymous

You must know that Christianity don't make cult of sex. So this verses must come not from christian beliefs, but remains of pagan vision. Third verse says: hahaha, the priests are not true christians! And this all means that sex played important role in life of pagan people. This is my answer to first post by Rod718: "And anyone know how the love was seen from the point of view of the Slavs?" We cant say that in the past love was something sacred and today the morality is destroyed. Sexual freedom is not new, it was before christianity.

Anonymous
    Quote:
    You must know that Christianity don't make cult of sex. So this verses must come not from christian beliefs, but remains of pagan vision. Third verse says: hahaha, the priests are not true christians! And this all means that sex played important role in life of pagan people. This is my answer to first post by Rod718: "And anyone know how the love was seen from the point of view of the Slavs?" We cant say that in the past love was something sacred and today the morality is destroyed. Sexual freedom is not new, it was before christianity.

I found this on Chastushka (from wikipedia.pl):

Powstała u schyłku XVIII wieku, szybko się rozwinęła początkowo na wsi, a później i w miastach.

it means

Written around the XVIII century, it has spread out on village fastly initially, but later in cities.

I think it can not therefore be regarded as a pagan song. I do not trust much of wikipedia, so I do not know if it really is dated around the XVIII century because there is no source. But even if the dating isn't correct, almost certainly is not much older than the XVII century.

Anonymous

I not said that it was written before Christianisation. I said that it must be pagan in nature because christianity dosn't make cult of sex. So we can suppose that in past our ancestors were much more free when talking about sexual relations.

Anonymous
    Quote:
    I not said that it was written before Christianisation. I said that it must be pagan in nature because christianity dosn't make cult of sex. So we can suppose that in past our ancestors were much more free when talking about sexual relations.

Maybe. But with Christianization you had the "modern marriage" and its aftermath. In fact, the Church is pushing to consummate the marriage during the Honeymoon. In addition, the sex outside of it was prohibited and was a sin. The Chastushka songs are ironic, perhaps seeing their dubious morality were mentioned priests. Also these songs are born at the XVIII century, around 1700, and can not be considered pagan because born more after Christianization (around at X-XI century). However I don't think that sex was a cult in ancient Paganism. Someone who studies the Slavic paganism, know if there are sexual references?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.