• This topic has 12 voices and 11 replies.
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

I picked up two Macedonian females as I am an Uber driver. Out of courtecy I lift my sunnies so that my eyes can be seen when I introduce myself and greet. Well this Macedonian female insinuated that I was hitting on her by objecting to my lifting my sunnies off.  As soon as I lifted my sunnies, I was abruptly asked “Why are you taking off your sunglasses?” To which I replied that I prefer my riders to see my face. She then rattled off in her language to her friend and I knew that she was talking about me. It is so arrogant to assume that someone who is being polite is hitting on you. To be truthful she was nothing to look at, and if she was the only female left on this planet, I would not touch her with a ten foot pole. 

Anonymous

@Kenny I wouldn’t base your opinion about ALL Macedonians on this one interaction with a rude Macedonian female. There are rude people EVERYWHERE. She obviously has very poor manners. I am sure there are many very polite and classy Macedonian women and men. You just got a rotten one. You sound like a great Uber driver. I’d ride with you any day!  :)

Anonymous

Yeah, I bought some curry for lunch today from the local Indian restaurant. The guy serving me didn’t say thanks when I paid for my meal….those rude Indians. Perhaps I’ll sign up to some Indian forum and voice my frustrations….

Anonymous

What country is Kenny from?

Anonymous

South Park, Colorado.

Anonymous

@Kenny
    Actually she was hitting on you…  :#

Anonymous

@Shaokang That’s exactly what I was thinking. Only a true Slav knows the difference. :D

Anonymous

lmao

Anonymous

I have been there and I havent noticed arrogant people.

Anonymous

Now when I think about it, I never met a Macedonian irl. I have no experiences neither positive or negative. They and Belarusians are the only Slavic peoples I haven’t met yet.

Anonymous

That girl was representative of every single Macedonian… how?

Anonymous

The guy derived conclusion from a single case. I would’t say that he is completely wrong. I have the same impression when i don’t get what I expected. 

Anonymous

I have only been to Macedonia once but my experience was totally different. Really respectful borders police officers and in the shops in Skopje workers, both male and female, were smiley and quite curious about foreigners, asking me about my nationality and why I was visiting their country. The place is really beautiful so I will definitely visit again when time/money allows.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Slavorum

4 User(s) Online Join Server
  • m1tric
  • Lyutenitsa™
  • Shvo
  • Australian Santa