• This topic has 4 voices and 6 replies.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

So I occasionally try to find Croatian movies based in the medieval period, but thus far the only movies I tend to find are about the damn 1990's. Do we have anything else? I'll even take a look into foreign Slavic medieval films, though I'm more curious about Croatian ones, since I've never seen anything about us apart from being in the 90s and 40s…

Anonymous
    Quote:
    So I occasionally try to find Croatian movies based in the medieval period, but thus far the only movies I tend to find are about the damn 1990's. Do we have anything else? I'll even take a look into foreign Slavic medieval films, though I'm more curious about Croatian ones, since I've never seen anything about us apart from being in the 90s and 40s…

There was TV series about Gubac uprising. Anno Domini, that was name.
    Concidering, Serbian movies, there is not lot more. There is film Dorotej, Banović Strahinja and Kosovski boj.
    Russians have quite a lot of good movies abotu Mediaval themes, so as Poles and Czechs.

Anonymous

There aren't any.Check "Konjanik" if you want to.It's quite good.It's not knights in armor,but abit later in the middle ages.If you decide to watch it I recommend the mini series instead of the movie,which is basically the shorter version of the mini series.

Anonymous
    Quote:
    There was TV series about Gubac uprising. Anno Domini, that was name.

Is this Anno Domini you had in mind Dal? If so i aprove, its very good movie. Good actors, very well preformed. Thow technically 16th isn't medieval i always interpreted it under middle ages. :D Here Druzhina whole movie on youtube;

SELJACKA BUNA 1573 domaci film

Anonymous
    Quote:
    Is this Anno Domini you had in mind Dal? If so i aprove, its very good movie. Good actors, very well preformed. Thow technically 16th isn't medieval i always interpreted it under middle ages. :D Here Druzhina whole movie on youtube;

Yes, I had it in mind. But like I said ex-YU cinematography offered us uneblievable 4 movies :P And one of them was full of technical mistaces :P So, we are forced to count Anno Domini 1573 as medieval one. :D

Anonymous
    Quote:

oh, nice find! Thanks brate ;)

And Dalibor, isn't there a film about the battle of Kosovo? Or was it the one you mentioned?

Anonymous
    Quote:
    And Dalibor, isn't there a film about the battle of Kosovo? Or was it the one you mentioned?

Yup thats one I had mentioned. But, altough it was not bad, main problem was not so serious production.  Better medieval movies are Banović Strahinja (Dragan Nikolić as Vlah Alija) and Dorotej (Yugo paraphras for the Name of the Rose, I guess).

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Slavorum

10 User(s) Online Join Server
  • Tujev
  • кошка
  • Nefario
  • jorgos
  • kony97
  • slovborg